How much will it cost to extend Ryan Schraeder

momak

7 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

We need to hurry up and extend him. Dude's name is only going to get bigger. 6 years, 37 mil with 20 or so guaranteed would do it and be well worth the money.

He really can't wait till next year when the team is working on contracts for so many other players. 

It would lock in OL stability for the next 3 years. That's a good foundation for the team. 

1 hour ago, autigerfan said:

I honestly don't understand why he hasn't been extended already.  The price is only going to go up.  

I still think it gets done this offseason.  It makes sense, and the FO seems to like extending guys with 1 year left on their deal, while they have some leverage...Matt, Julio, Roddy, etc.

I agree with the numbers being thrown out so far.  He only really has one great season under his belt, but the cap has gone up since some of the comparable deals were signed, so I think he'll be in that upper tier RT range.

If we wait and he has another great season and is about to hit FA, I think it could be considerably higher.

On 6/3/2016 at 2:09 PM, PK Manley said:

I still think it gets done this offseason.  It makes sense, and the FO seems to like extending guys with 1 year left on their deal, while they have some leverage...Matt, Julio, Roddy, etc.

I agree with the numbers being thrown out so far.  He only really has one great season under his belt, but the cap has gone up since some of the comparable deals were signed, so I think he'll be in that upper tier RT range.

If we wait and he has another great season and is about to hit FA, I think it could be considerably higher.

I would say that $7M per year is the floor on the deal.  He might even be able to play LT for some teams.

On 6/2/2016 at 11:03 PM, momak said:

Just turned 28 and has only gotten better with each season he has played.

How much will it cost to extend his contract? 

My rough guess is 6 year 36.5 million

Ryan_Schraeder.jpg

Great choice of a picture to use lol. Almost looked like Ryan doesn't like your guess. 

Edited by ShmevinShmarris