Coach Smith interview after practice

atljbo

Smith said some good things.. The 2 interested things i heard was.

1. It seem like the coaches are very interested in seeing Ivan do his thing in the preseason.. Coach  Smith named him as a young guy with pass rush ability

2. Coach Smioth saying he thinks Neal is going to be special... I was talking to someone about this a month ago..  but i have that trufant type feel about neal.. A guy thats talent but will bust his *** to be great.. love the game and take it serious.. I never post it because i know how ppl are on this board.. .. They will take a comment and blow it over board but i think in this system and his abilities... This guy can be really really good as he continue to develop and get a feel for the NFL Game...

Also hearing Tru say

“He can move with the best of them. That’s what I was really impressed with,” Trufant said of Neal. “He just has to continue to grow mentally and things like that, but he’s looking good.”

“It’s always like that as a rookie, but he’s looking good,” Trufant said. “I’m very impressed with his movement skills. He looks like a corner out there with his footwork. The sky is the limit for him.”

I love hearing all this news during OTAs. This year has got me more pumped than any other year before. I have a lot of faith in the rookies to make a collective impact this year for our team. Especially Keanu, Jones, and Campbell. I think we have the foundation for our team for the next few years, I just have a great feeling about them. 

Love everything the coaches are saying too. 

44 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

**** yeh Trufant, love hearing that about Neal... I hope the Dome catches on to a KEAAANNN-UUUUUUUUU chant when he blows up some little Darren Sproles kinda ***** behind the line or Scam Newton tries to take off and gets lit the **** up.

I just like how pumped up your post reads. We may need you to be our official hype man after reading that. :lol: 

Ivan gets his name dropped again by a coach.  Hard to not see this guy on the roster now...

What's interesting is that Campbell is getting spoken well of also.  Ahead of Jones...  Don't be surprised if Campbell is starting game 1...

I love hearing from Richard Smith, I loved (in another interview) how Trufant said that Neal says he moves like a CB. I have a good feeling about him. As for Beasley, I feel like Richard Smith and DQ are just putting him in MORE positions to win because he did win a lot at DE. I truly feel will see a double digit sack season from him. Also, gotta look into Ivan for sure, lots of people talking about him.

When I posted those videoclips of Neals private workouts, where he was back pedaling, flipping and cutting, I knew we had something special. Those clips blew me away at how good his footwork was, how fast and expoplosive he was, how coordinated and balanced he was and how smooth he was in his transition. 

5 minutes ago, gazoo said:

When I posted those videoclips of Neals private workouts, where he was back pedaling, flipping and cutting, I knew we had something special. Those clips blew me away at how good his footwork was, how fast and expoplosive he was, how coordinated and balanced he was and how smooth he was in his transition. 

And so did Quinn and the rest of the staff.

Good pick on our part.

Coach Smith is awesome.  He tells it straight and doesn't beat around the bush.  He said we are spending significantly more time working on pass rush.  Time will tell if it pays off but at least we know they are trying to get it fixed. I think just the confidence of a year under their belt as a staff and defense will do wonders. 

11 hours ago, Jpowers said:

I just like how pumped up your post reads. We may need you to be our official hype man after reading that. :lol: 

Haha... I am ready. For too **** long Scam Fxing Newton has been running his big *** around the field. Jameis Winston rolling off 5 guys for 20 more yards, RBs wide open in the flat for 7 years from Drew Brees and TEs from any team being wide open in the seam every play...

I see the light at the end of the tunnel coming. I see KEANNNUUUUU flying to the flat and blowing up Scam trying to roll out. I see a dumb off to a RB with Campbell flying with his 4.5 speed and knocking the RB so hard the ball flies and and D. Jones who was there too scooping it up for 6. I see Beasley about to hit Brees and instead of him tossing it to a TE for 6 yards on his way down, it gets picked off bc of the pressure by Keanu.

I'm sick of the 6 years of the same holes in our defense and I think they've finally been plugged. Ready to see these rooks hit the **** field and hit some people. Ready to see Cam on the ******* sidelines twice a year with a towel on his head sulking like the little ***** he is. I'm ready for our defense to expose offenses instead of the other way around. I'm ready for TE's to fear going down the seam leading to drops. And lastly I'm ready for the ******* team to get back to playing perennial playoff football imposing to teams what the **** we're going to do to them. Cue the Matty Ice "You can't ******* stop it" sound byte.