Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

putnam6

How the Georgia Dome fits inside the Mercedes Benz Dome

15 posts in this topic

  What hit me was how many rows on the 3rd level above the highest row of the Georgia Dome. The 2nd level is pushed far back and is less on top of the action and even a quarter of those lower level prime seats at the back will be past where the old 2nd level started. If I am that far back I'd prefer to be up higher to see the whole field. Especially if the price on the back rows are close to the front rows.

   A whole less lot intimate feeling, similar to what a buddy said about the new Meadowlands said his end zone 3rd level seat was so far back he felt like he never left Manhattan.

   I know sitting on the 2nd level 10 rows back everybody around me saw Bowman hold Roddy in the NFCCG in comparable seats at the MB Dome you arent going to see that detail, you will have to be watching the Cyclorama Tyranasauras  Mondo Tron, or be watching at the 100 yard food trough and beer station even higher up and farther back on the 3rd level.

    Yea you get the atmosphere of game day but I like watching the game on the field live, only seats I could comfortably afford would have me sitting on the roof with the pigeons at the Georgia Dome LOL. 

i apologize for the long post, just sitting here at my Dad's desk. He passed away 2 months ago. Some times it's just just good to ramble on about something that in the big scheme just doesn't matter.  LOL pretty sure it's why I was fiddling around on Photoshop and did the pic anyway, just to think about something different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry about your father.  It shows character that you feel his loss.  

I am not going to tell you what to do;  it's not my place, but remember what your dad taught you and carry on.  

In that way, you honor him.

Old Pappy falcon and putnam6 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, putnam6 said:

  What hit me was how many rows on the 3rd level above the highest row of the Georgia Dome. The 2nd level is pushed far back and is less on top of the action and even a quarter of those lower level prime seats at the back will be past where the old 2nd level started. If I am that far back I'd prefer to be up higher to see the whole field. Especially if the price on the back rows are close to the front rows.

   A whole less lot intimate feeling, similar to what a buddy said about the new Meadowlands said his end zone 3rd level seat was so far back he felt like he never left Manhattan.

   I know sitting on the 2nd level 10 rows back everybody around me saw Bowman hold Roddy in the NFCCG in comparable seats at the MB Dome you arent going to see that detail, you will have to be watching the Cyclorama Tyranasauras  Mondo Tron, or be watching at the 100 yard food trough and beer station even higher up and farther back on the 3rd level.

    Yea you get the atmosphere of game day but I like watching the game on the field live, only seats I could comfortably afford would have me sitting on the roof with the pigeons at the Georgia Dome LOL. 

i apologize for the long post, just sitting here at my Dad's desk. He passed away 2 months ago. Some times it's just just good to ramble on about something that in the big scheme just doesn't matter.  LOL pretty sure it's why I was fiddling around on Photoshop and did the pic anyway, just to think about something different.

I can say, keeping busy can definitely help in this situation. Two months is right in the middle of the time when things really start setting in so I know how you feel. The worse thing to do is to sit around idle.

Great Comparison!

Old Pappy falcon and putnam6 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, putnam6 said:

  What hit me was how many rows on the 3rd level above the highest row of the Georgia Dome. The 2nd level is pushed far back and is less on top of the action and even a quarter of those lower level prime seats at the back will be past where the old 2nd level started. If I am that far back I'd prefer to be up higher to see the whole field. Especially if the price on the back rows are close to the front rows.

   A whole less lot intimate feeling, similar to what a buddy said about the new Meadowlands said his end zone 3rd level seat was so far back he felt like he never left Manhattan.

   I know sitting on the 2nd level 10 rows back everybody around me saw Bowman hold Roddy in the NFCCG in comparable seats at the MB Dome you arent going to see that detail, you will have to be watching the Cyclorama Tyranasauras  Mondo Tron, or be watching at the 100 yard food trough and beer station even higher up and farther back on the 3rd level.

    Yea you get the atmosphere of game day but I like watching the game on the field live, only seats I could comfortably afford would have me sitting on the roof with the pigeons at the Georgia Dome LOL. 

i apologize for the long post, just sitting here at my Dad's desk. He passed away 2 months ago. Some times it's just just good to ramble on about something that in the big scheme just doesn't matter.  LOL pretty sure it's why I was fiddling around on Photoshop and did the pic anyway, just to think about something different.

Sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and your family.

putnam6 and Old Pappy falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Capitalist said:

Interesting...  Where did you find this overlay?   Or did you make it?

LOL I made it from images on seats 3d, took both images on 2 separate layers lowered the opacity, scaled the playing field on both to the same size had to rotate it a few degrees to line it up. Then raised the opacity on the Ga Dome and added another layer with the edges marked, that was a little tedious but that was what I was looking for anyway. Then merged those edge layers with the underlying Mercedes Benz Dome image and there you have it, might be off a few degrees but not much, and it is why I said approximate. Was going to use the flat seating map but couldnt find the images on both stadiums from the same source 

PS

thanks everybody on the thoughts on my Dad, helluva man gonna miss watching the Falcons with him, among other things. Just keeping an eye on Mom too, she was so certain she was gonna go before him, but she is doing as well as can be expected too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good work...  Will reuse it on Facebook page...   

If accurate, it is concerning that 200 and 300 levels are pushed farther from field... Also of note, is that Purple 100 level sections are closer...

 

 

 
putnam6 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Capitalist said:

Good work...  Will reuse it on Facebook page...   

If accurate, it is concerning that 200 and 300 levels are pushed farther from field... Also of note, is that Purple 100 level sections are closer...

 

 

 

Use it .... I did it to get an idea of the layout cause I honestly cant wait to see it completed. 

If it off is just off a few degrees on the y rotational axis. Lower level seating is prime, especially in the intermost ring from the Georgia Dome, but after that they should have had a different level pricing. Somebody mentioned binoculars but who wants to do that the whole game, I got to drink my fill of 5 dollar beer LOL. Seriously most times when Id bring binoculars I would get tired using them, cause you want to see all the action. Like I said Im sure the atmosphere will be phenomenal, but just for me I like being close to the action as possible. Would seriously prefer sitting in the 2nd level and being up higher, than sitting on the back rows of level 1, atleast you are up higher eventhough you are pushed significantly farther away from the field than on level 2 at the Georgia Dome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic but relative where do fans like to watch games?

Me when I watch games I like end on seating so I can see the lines players run.Thats the coach in me the sideline viewing while you may get a better actual view to watch and analysis a game it's end on for me all day. 

birdbrain24 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, putnam6 said:

  What hit me was how many rows on the 3rd level above the highest row of the Georgia Dome. The 2nd level is pushed far back and is less on top of the action and even a quarter of those lower level prime seats at the back will be past where the old 2nd level started. If I am that far back I'd prefer to be up higher to see the whole field. Especially if the price on the back rows are close to the front rows.

   A whole less lot intimate feeling, similar to what a buddy said about the new Meadowlands said his end zone 3rd level seat was so far back he felt like he never left Manhattan.

   I know sitting on the 2nd level 10 rows back everybody around me saw Bowman hold Roddy in the NFCCG in comparable seats at the MB Dome you arent going to see that detail, you will have to be watching the Cyclorama Tyranasauras  Mondo Tron, or be watching at the 100 yard food trough and beer station even higher up and farther back on the 3rd level.

    Yea you get the atmosphere of game day but I like watching the game on the field live, only seats I could comfortably afford would have me sitting on the roof with the pigeons at the Georgia Dome LOL. 

i apologize for the long post, just sitting here at my Dad's desk. He passed away 2 months ago. Some times it's just just good to ramble on about something that in the big scheme just doesn't matter.  LOL pretty sure it's why I was fiddling around on Photoshop and did the pic anyway, just to think about something different.

I'm sorry about you're Father putnam6. God Bless ya brother!  It does take time for healing ..............we are all here for you:)

putnam6 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2016 at 4:59 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Slightly off topic but relative where do fans like to watch games?

Me when I watch games I like end on seating so I can see the lines players run.Thats the coach in me the sideline viewing while you may get a better actual view to watch and analysis a game it's end on for me all day. 

I'm with you on that !!! I"ve had my seats for 25 years, and haven't and wouldn't change the view for nothing. Like you said you see the lanes and plays with a better perspective than on tv or the sidelines. To me the 50 yd line seats are ok for the play in the middle of the field. But you have to look 25 yds down field on the scoring. From play 50 yds in you have the best seat in the house coming at ya from the end zone. Thats just my opinion as well. On to the Mercedes of stadiums to continue the view....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites