Why do people say that Matt Ryan is a boring quarterback

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because

1 hour ago, chromesix70 said:

Why is there an assumption that Matt Ryan is a boring, charisma-challenged quarterback for the Falcons? Does he excite you? 

In years past he's put the team on his back and won games. That excites me. I think he'll move past last year. People see Wilson or Newton run around avoiding guys and then complete a pass. That is exciting, but If Matt completes the same pass without scrambling it's "boring". Our team as a whole was labeled "boring" last year by outsiders, and I can't disagree. Although it's more like "frustrating" from a fans standpoint. 

56 minutes ago, birdz4i said:

dudes dont excite me, sorry.

Not in that sense, I'm talking that his style of play seems boring. The fanbase, any fanbase likes to be excited. Dudes don't excite me either. i love the ladies. With boring, I'm also talking about energizing the fanbase. Russell Wilson and Tom Brady energizes their fanbases, Ryan doesn't. 

Edited by chromesix70

57 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

It really doesn't. I really don't care if he's charismatic/exciting as long as he can help the team win games. 

It does matter. Despite Tom Brady's baggage, people LOVE him. He has the smile, the charisma. Why do you think that ESPN is "Brady All Day? He excites the country. Ryan doesn't. 

2 minutes ago, chromesix70 said:

It does matter. Despite Tom Brady's baggage, people LOVE him. He has the smile, the charisma. Why do you think that ESPN is "Brady All Day? He excites the country. Ryan doesn't. 

QB's with rings "excite the country". So once again we're back to winning is all that matters.

17 minutes ago, chromesix70 said:

Brady has a winning tradition and 4 rings. He earned it

48 minutes ago, chromesix70 said:

It means that he is not exciting the fanbase. He's too "safe", "white bread" in the eyes of the sports punditocracy. Listen to ESPN. They call him boring. 

So because the media paint a picture means fans should be like blind mice and believe.I guess if someone of influence told fans to follow he or she off a cliff you'd follow.

C'mon man it's the time of year there bored and they fish up this BS nnnneeeexxxttt..

1 hour ago, chromesix70 said:

Brady wins. And he is arrogant. I dont know what you are talking about because most people i talk to hate Brady. They hate his Smugness and cocky attitude

16 minutes ago, TeamPlayer1 said:

ESPN for sports is like NBC for election news.

ESPN is pure garbage! They had a spelling bee on the other night. A freakin' spelling bee!! Is a spelling bee a type of sport?? According to ESPN, it is!