Trade Rumors

Unknøwn

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MLB Trade Rumors list their Top 10 Trade Candidates for the deadline.

1. Jonathan Lucroy, C, Brewers

2. Rich Hill, SP, Athletics

3. Ryan Braun, OF, Brewers

4. Jay Bruce, OF, Reds

5. James Shields, SP, Padres

6. Arodys Vizcaino, RP, Braves — Vizcaino, 25, has been about as dominant as any reliever in baseball. Even if the Braves would like to keep their pen ace around for his three remaining seasons of arbitration eligibility, the Ken Giles deal serves as a reminder of both the value of controllable late-inning arms and their volatility.

7. Chris Carter, 1B, Brewers

8. Trevor Plouffe, 3B, Twins

9. Julio Teheran, SP, Braves — Just 25 years of age, Teheran is showing signs of returning to being the budding frontline starter that he once was. He’s controllable for a meager commitment, Atlanta has proven willing to trade anyone at any time (well, almost anyone), and the empty cupboard of starters on next year’s free-agent market could increase demand. But GM John Coppolella has significantly raised the bar for a deal of the staff ace, even if he didn’t rule it out entirely.

10. Fernando Abad, RP, Twins

Cubs have plenty of bats and will probably look at the SP market. We know they like Teheran but I dont think we like Soler and thats what they've been trying. Willson Contreras would be a great place to start but im not sure the Cubs would move him.

Ratcliffe is a 21YO RHP and 2013 18th round draft pick from Ontario. He's been in short season leagues his first three pro seasons and has not debuted yet this season.

He's a lottery ticket, so this was probably more about shedding a little salary, opening up the bullpen for younger arms, and letting Grilli have a shot with a contending team.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Jon Heyman reporting a "few teams" have called about Markakis. As you could expect he says the recent struggles of Nick have damaged his value.

We have no idea what our team will look like next year, outside of Freddie (Lord help us), Wisler (future Cooperstown resident) Folty, and Mallex. I think they are the only sure things, and I'm not so sure about Freddie, which wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. 

11 hours ago, Screaming Brave said:

We have no idea what our team will look like next year, outside of Freddie (Lord help us), Wisler (future Cooperstown resident) Folty, and Mallex. I think they are the only sure things, and I'm not so sure about Freddie, which wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. 

I can see a trade for a big bat in the off season.  I would love Josh Donaldson.  The guy I would love to steal for a club house leader and help us is Andrew McClutchen.  

46 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I can see a trade for a big bat in the off season.  I would love Josh Donaldson.  The guy I would love to steal for a club house leader and help us is Andrew McClutchen.  

I like your ambition! However I dont think the Pirates would even listen on him. I like Donaldson and he's a big bat that will be on the FA market after next season. Unless we acquire a 3B or Ruiz just flat out wins the job we could kick the tires on Donaldson then.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I like your ambition! However I dont think the Pirates would even listen on him. I like Donaldson and he's a big bat that will be on the FA market after next season. Unless we acquire a 3B or Ruiz just flat out wins the job we could kick the tires on Donaldson then.

I know the Pirates will not trade AM but I think they might lose him in 2018.  He is a free agent in 2018 also.  I think the Braves are going to have money to go after 1 maybe two major pieces.  If our pitching develops then we can go for the bats.  We will see.  

MLB Trade Rumors looks at some possible matches for Teheran.

The Red Sox were willing to move 24-year-old catcher/outfielder Blake Swihart for a No. 2-type starter as of last month, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reported, but Swihart alone isn’t definitively worth Teheran. The Braves were at least enamored of Cubs outfielder Jorge Soler in the past, Gordon Wittenmeyer of the Chicago Sun-Times wrote in October, though Chicago subsequently added John Lackey and Jason Hammel. With those two complementing Jake Arrieta, Jon Lesterand Kyle Hendricks, the Cubs have arguably the most well-rounded rotation in the league from one to five (though they’re still reportedly seeking depth). Further, they probably aren’t keen on the idea of parting with outfield depth in the wake of Kyle Schwarber‘s season-ending injury. There’s also the fact that Soler has underwhelmed since bursting on the scene in 2014 with a fantastic 24-game showing.

With no clear fit mentioned above, it’s fair to wonder what the prospect cutoff is for the John Hart- and Coppolella-led Braves. Would the team really scoff at sending Teheran to, say, the pitching-needy Rangers in a package for one of their excellent 22-year-old prospects, power-hitting, cannon-armed third baseman Joey Gallo or outfielder Lewis Brinson? The Pirates also have rotation issues — granted, they have in-house reinforcements on the way inJameson Taillon, Tyler Glasnow and perhaps Chad Kuhl — and their stellar outfield trio of Andrew McCutchen,Starling Marte and Gregory Polanco looks primed to block the big league path of 21-year-old Austin Meadows. Even if the Braves were receptive to sending away Teheran in a package for any of those players, there’s obviously no guarantee the youngsters’ current organizations would be open to it. All three entered the season among Baseball America’s top 25 prospects, after all (Gallo 10th, Brinson 16th and Meadows 22nd), to cite one reputable outlet’s list.

• The Red Sox and Braves would match up well in a potential trade involving right-hander Julio Teheran, per Cafardo, who notes that Boston’s package would have to be headlined by outfield prospectAndrew Benintendi, infield prospectYoan Moncada, third basemanTravis Shaw or catcher/left fielderBlake Swihart. Of that group, the Red Sox would prefer to give up Swihart, though Cafardo doubts he alone would be enough of a return for Teheran.

30 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:
  • The Red Sox and Braves would match up well in a potential trade involving right-hander Julio Teheran, per Cafardo, who notes that Boston’s package would have to be headlined by outfield prospectAndrew Benintendi, infield prospectYoan Moncada, third basemanTravis Shaw or catcher/left fielderBlake Swihart. Of that group, the Red Sox would prefer to give up Swihart, though Cafardo doubts he alone would be enough of a return for Teheran.

Good thing about Teheran is that we hold all the cards. Young affordable pitching should bring a ridiculous return.

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Giants are reportedly considering making a run at Andrew Miller.

That feels weird talking about the Yankees selling and not buying.  But that team is old.  I live in NY and the sky is falling here because of no championship in 7 years.  Welcome to the regular fandom 1995 and beyond Yankee fans.   

Swihart's now out for a long time with a serious ankle injury. They're immobilizing it for two weeks before they can even decide on how to proceed. That might impact their thinking across the board. But if they want to give us Moncada, they can have any Brave they want.

On 6/3/2016 at 10:39 AM, usmcdirtybird said:

My concern is that as much as the baseball scales have tipped toward pitching, I'm dubious that we could get a proven quality bat. Instead, I think we'll be looking at players like Inciarte who come with question marks.