Obama envisions a nuclear weapon free world

kicker

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/05/27/first-take-hiroshima-and-obamas-sense-history/85030088/ 

who hop writes this ****?  My favorite quote: 

If it was President George H.W. Bush who presided over the end of the Cold War, Obama is the president who has sought to give it a proper funeral. "Obama seems to be working against the romantic myth — Reaganism, maybe — to suggest we need to confront questionable actions from the past," said John Bodnar, a professor of history at Indiana University and the author of The "Good War" in American Memory

I'm also curious, who unwinds the nuke quagmire?  Do we each give up one like it's a game of Bull****?  

I love that Obama is also the "Historian in Chief."  Nothing says "I understand history" like eliminating context from a discussion of the atomic bomb's use in WWII.  

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It's a nice vision to have. But I would encourage him to start small. 

Such as not smoking thousands of innocent people with drone strikes. That would be a good start. 

But Obama isn't doing anything.  He hadn't been bombing the Middle East more than Bush or anything.

4 hours ago, kicker said:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/05/27/first-take-hiroshima-and-obamas-sense-history/85030088/ 

who hop writes this ****?  My favorite quote: 

If it was President George H.W. Bush who presided over the end of the Cold War, Obama is the president who has sought to give it a proper funeral. "Obama seems to be working against the romantic myth — Reaganism, maybe — to suggest we need to confront questionable actions from the past," said John Bodnar, a professor of history at Indiana University and the author of The "Good War" in American Memory

I'm also curious, who unwinds the nuke quagmire?  Do we each give up one like it's a game of Bull****?  

I love that Obama is also the "Historian in Chief."  Nothing says "I understand history" like eliminating context from a discussion of the atomic bomb's use in WWII.  

I'm more curious how "Reaganism" gets blamed for "the romantic myth" that we ought not confront questionable actions from the past, when Reagan was the one who dedicated the latter half of his presidency to nuclear deproliferation.  

I mean, I know he started the arms race, but his goal was to end the threat of nuclear war.  So that seems a pretty cheap (and stupid) shot at a dead man.

38 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'm more curious how "Reaganism" gets blamed for "the romantic myth" that we ought not confront questionable actions from the past, when Reagan was the one who dedicated the latter half of his presidency to nuclear deproliferation.  

I mean, I know he started the arms race, but his goal was to end the threat of nuclear war.  So that seems a pretty cheap (and stupid) shot at a dead man.

Well this would be near the bottom of reasons I can't stand Ronald Reagan dead or alive.

5 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Looks like the Flag of Somalia.

2000px-Flag_of_Somalia.svg.png

Huh. That makes me wonder how the question was worded. No offense to Kenya (?) Im sure Somlaian piracy, immigration, terrorism etc is a dire problem over there but hardly a threat to to world peace without some major interference from outside forces.

14 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

E tu Germany, Spain Finland and Sweden. **** you too. You as well Australia. Your biggest fear should be we give you back Mel Gibson and an unholy ratio of deadly deadly spiders.

Maybe we're looking at it wrong. 

To be fair, let's say the US just stopped participating in the global economy. That would do just as much damage to world peace as dropping a nuke on Thailand. 

Maybe germany is just like oh no! Who will buy our Porsches???