Former Saints DC Ryan Taking a Departing Shot at Falcons D

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Rob Ryan has coordinated a whole bunch of mediocre or ****** defenses and has only had one season of success. 

Forgive me if I don't view him as an authority...

Now if it was a comment about which diner had the best triple bacon cheeseburger casserole sandwich, that would be another matter entirely, yes?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It's funny because at the time EVERYONE thought Byrd was the next Ed Reed or something.

I was sooooo happy when the Saints signed him to that monster deal because in the offseason I looked at when we played the Bills and saw he was a lot of hype..... and loved to line up 20-30 yards deep which immediately took him out of the play most of the time.

I agree.  There aren't a lot of great centerfield FSs out there now IMO.  Earl Thomas actually might be the last of a dying breed.

On this note, I thought Allen did a pretty serviceable job at FS last year.  A CB...with no prior reg season in-game experience...who sat on our practice squad.  

Edited by no nextel chirp
typo
34 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Saints D will be improved this year, they got some players on their line now. Only helps that Rob Ryan is leaving, he really isn't a good coach but obviously he thinks he is cuz you gotta believe in yourself. It feels so weird cuz I'm more concerned about the Panthers and Bucs for our fight for the division. Complete switch from fighting with the Saints for it from 08-12

Maybe but they better be ready for Offense. Plus our defense will be better.

He's too stupid to notice he insulted Quinn who improved our D considerably in nearly every category.  

What a buffoon.  Even his excuses make him look inept...

I mean if you're going to use the Falcons D as an example of a similar failure, then you could at least research the facts first.  Great improvement vs bottom dweller.  Hmmm, one guy applied it and did well and the other... pfft..

Two points:

1. I guess he doesn't think he will need a good reference from Peyton or Loomis. Burning bridges is never EVER a good idea.

2. Laugh it up, y'all. But if some of you chuckleheads had gotten your wish last year, Rex would be our coach, Rob would probably be our DC, and the prices of food at the Benz would quadruple due to massive inventory shortages on game days.  

21 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Two points:

1. I guess he doesn't think he will need a good reference from Peyton or Loomis. Burning bridges is never EVER a good idea.

2. Laugh it up, y'all. But if some of you chuckleheads had gotten your wish last year, Rex would be our coach, Rob would probably be our DC, and the prices of food at the Benz would quadruple due to massive inventory shortages on game days.  

I'm glad I wasn't a chucklehead...:D

12 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Ali was not the typical person saying he was the greatest, and even implying Rob Ryan and Ali belong  together when talking about greatest is just silly.

Well, Rob Ryan could possibly be the greatest of incompetent coaches. If his name wasn't Ryan he would be interviewing for B high school. 

Rob ryan sucks lol..shame he left, New Orleans defense is actually looking kinda legit this year. Their front 7 might be a problem. Not worried about their secondary because we have Julio but they might get good pressure will Rankins Cam Jordan and Kikaha moving to DE where he lead the NCAA in sacks. Mack will get tested this year

I found it funny when he said he'd tell an organization to **** off now if they told him to run the Seattle scheme considering his brother is his head coach and boss.  

Going to be a tough family Christmas gathering in Buffalo watching other teams get ready for the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, JC Falcon said:

I found it funny when he said he'd tell an organization to **** off now if they told him to run the Seattle scheme considering his brother is his head coach and boss.  

Going to be a tough family Christmas gathering in Buffalo watching other teams get ready for the playoffs. 

If @Leon Troutsky was a defensive coordinator and I was a head coach, and he came to work for me after saying that, the very first thing I would do when we got to the facility would be to call him in my office and say "hey, I've decided we're moving to a 4-3 under cover 3 look for our defense -- get it implemented.  Oh, and get me some coffee."