mdrake34

Baylor fires Art Briles

151 posts in this topic

Yes!!  I am sooo happy his tail got fired.  Starr needs to be fired as well.  FIRE EM ALL!!!  you don't let that crap continue and let these predators escape punishment and have women treated like that.  AWESOME!!

10 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Twitter already asking if Auburn has called Briles yet. <_<

LOL... I don't think too many Auburn folks would complain about it. Auburn and Bama have both been pretty open to giving a guy another chance. This might be a bit much though.

I have to admit I am somewhat surprised he actually is getting fired. I am glad for it though as that situation was just pathetic. Glad to see Baylor's taste for being among the football elite didn't prevent them from doing the right thing. Although I guess some heads had to roll at this point and it had to be major.

I agree with Sac that Starr needs to be out as well. Baylor has denied reports that he is out though so I don't think it's happening. At least not yet.

It's quite ironic that Starr was as relentless to help cover up or ignore the scandal at Baylor as he was to uncover the Lewinsky/Clinton scandal. 

Edited by Maverick

25 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Twitter already asking if Auburn has called Briles yet. <_<

it's disgusting for anyone who has a sense of any morality that want to hire art briles after seeing what he allowed while at baylor.  you can't let men victimize women and not punish them at all.  i don't care about wins and losses when it comes to making sure men are not raping women and still playing football.  it was just art briles, but he had the power to do something about it.  as the release today says there was a lack of institutional control.  this goes way up and starr was fired as president and art briles is done at baylor.  football fans need to stop with their mindless crap. 

"We offer our apologies to the many who sought help from the University. We are deeply sorry for the harm that survivors have endured."

"In one instance, those actions constituted retaliation against a complainant for reporting sexual assault."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/baylor-board-chair--investigation-findings--shocked-and-outraged-us-165738271.html

"findings shocked and outraged us".. it did me as well and i hope every man on this board would be outraged also.  think about this what if that was your daughter or someone close to you who was sexually assaulted and they were treated soo poorly by those in power.   i posted a thread further down where one of the victims blogged about the situation.  you can tell from her writing the pain she was going through to an extent and the mistreatment.  this is more than just football.  

This is huge. Baylor opened the door.

The question now is, with Baylor opening the flood gates, if this will lead to UT firing Butch Jones.

Baylor set the precedent, so you've got to believe that the accusers will step up their game, as they now believe that they have a shot at changing something. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

Yes!!  I am sooo happy his tail got fired.  Starr needs to be fired as well.  FIRE EM ALL!!!  you don't let that crap continue and let these predators escape punishment and have women treated like that.  AWESOME!!

Yup

2 hours ago, Carter said:

So they demoted Starr, they didn't fire him. He will still be the chair of constitutional law at Baylor's law school and has agreed in principal to serve as chancellor, so it's not like they're cutting ties. He will still be in leadership positions.

he was fired as president, but you are right he wasn't fired completely from the university which is ridiculous.. they should fire the ad, president, and art briles and anyone who knew about any of it.. should be a complete cleaning. 

24 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

he was fired as president, but you are right he wasn't fired completely from the university which is ridiculous.. they should fire the ad, president, and art briles and anyone who knew about any of it.. should be a complete cleaning. 

Totally agree

2 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

This is huge. Baylor opened the door.

The question now is, with Baylor opening the flood gates, if this will lead to UT firing Butch Jones.

Baylor set the precedent, so you've got to believe that the accusers will step up their game, as they now believe that they have a shot at changing something. 

No. Completely different situation.

Good. Now it is being reported that colleges are using Title IX to intimidate girls report sexual assaults. Schools are telling the victims that there can be no expectation of privacy due to mandatory reporting requirements. Also, college police are notorious in their inability to keep complaints of sexual assault confidential. I haven't watched "The Hunting Ground" for fear of being pissed off but I think I should.

Briles wont be going anywhere. Baylor said at the start of this they wanted to keep Briles. To fire him now means they found him to be guilty. He tarnished a great career and did it in a terrible way.

Briles is such a brilliant offensive mind. He might have to go back to high school now. He is a legend in Texas High School football as a coach. Well maybe not legend but very well known. He did it to himself. Cant win at all cost. Not even in Texas