Shanahan's Offense is Similar to our 2012 Offense

I recently watched every single game from this season. I took notes and will eventually put together a summary for each game and analysis for the whole season. But, for reference, I looked up a video of our offense at our best and found the Seattle playoff game we won.

People say "Matt Ryan isn't good at Rollouts" "We have too many PA Passes". "Ryan hasn't done PA Rollouts/bootlegs since his first year". But, I look at this video and see the exactly offensive style that I saw from our entire 2015 season. Differences here is we have a good TE (In the redzone), Good center, and all our WRs can contribute against single coverage. (With our offseason additions, we should be looking like this this year).

Edited by Phillup11

2 hours ago, Falcon918 said:

People don't realize we were ranked top 10 in offense. That was the first year in the system. We just blew it in the redzone. Plus we upgraded our weakest position on the oline.

People don't realize low redzone points  and below average total points scored have been staples of Kyle's offenses. 

Edited by insight

5 minutes ago, Old Pappy falcon said:

Good gawd I hope you're wrong about that this year insight.  I know where you're coming from no doubt.

I hope I'm wrong too. If adjustments are not made to the offense so Matt Ryan is playing to his strengths instead of running read options and unblocked naked boots I'm afraid we will see Schaub this season.  Matt Ryan had the most redzone interceptions of any QB in the league, something that shouldn't happen in year 9. 

3 minutes ago, insight said:

I hope I'm wrong too. If adjustments are not made to the offense so Matt Ryan is playing to his strengths instead of running read options and unblocked naked boots I'm afraid we will see Schaub this season.  Matt Ryan had the most redzone interceptions of any QB in the league, something that shouldn't happen in year 9. 

No this shouldn't happen this year.  If it does happen, I guarantee you Matt and Shanahan will throw down in UFC live pay per view.

I might just enter as Matt Ryan's trainer.

18 minutes ago, insight said:

First off, Matt Ryan didnt have the most redzone interceptions in the league. Eli Manning did. You know....13 year veteran Eli Manning. Two-time Super Bowl winning Eli Manning. 

Guess who led in 2014? Eli Manning. Guess who tied for second? Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers.

Guess who led in 2013? Carson Palmer. Guess who tied for second? Tom Brady and Cam Newton. 

And thats before we get into each of the individual interceptions, only one of which was a legitimate interception. 

2 hours ago, insight said:

People don't realize low redzone points  and below average total points scored have been staples of Kyle's offenses. 

What I realize is that you dont like Kyle Shanahan. And it really doesn't matter what anyone says. Its Kyles fault. Forget fumbles, bad snaps, and bad decisions. Got it.

5 hours ago, Falcon918 said:

People don't realize we were ranked top 10 in offense. That was the first year in the system. We just blew it in the redzone. Plus we upgraded our weakest position on the oline.

but what about our qb in the red zone in fact are we gonna blame the oline in the redzone also

7 hours ago, Phillup11 said:

I recently watched every single game from this season. I took notes and will eventually put together a summary for each game and analysis for the whole season. But, for reference, I looked up a video of our offense at our best and found the Seattle playoff game we won.

People say "Matt Ryan isn't good at Rollouts" "We have too many PA Passes". "Ryan hasn't done PA Rollouts/bootlegs since his first year". But, I look at this video and see the exactly offensive style that I saw from our entire 2015 season. Differences here is we have a good TE (In the redzone), Good center, and all our WRs can contribute against single coverage. (With our offseason additions, we should be looking like this this year).

You're really trying too hard.

2 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

First off, Matt Ryan didnt have the most redzone interceptions in the league. Eli Manning did. You know....13 year veteran Eli Manning. Two-time Super Bowl winning Eli Manning. 

Guess who led in 2014? Eli Manning. Guess who tied for second? Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers.

Guess who led in 2013? Carson Palmer. Guess who tied for second? Tom Brady and Cam Newton. 

And thats before we get into each of the individual interceptions, only one of which was a legitimate interception. 

Dang, facts ruin a good storyline.

5 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

He lead in red zone turnovers, interceptions, plus fumbles, he was tied for 2nd worse in interceptions 1 behind Eli Manning so you are correct on that front.  Comparing Matt Ryan to Eli is FOOLISH, Eli threw for 35 TD's Matt threw for 21 TD.  

You need to stop reading stats and WATCH FOOTBALL GAMES, when you do you will see it was obvious Matt struggled last year and played very poorly at critical points of the game.  

If Kyle continues to have him running naked boots, and read option plays we will not see the best version of Matt. 

We had three receivers, including Tony, who demanded a lot of coverage. You can't cover them all. Matt had a lot of time in that game to make his reads. The offense ran on all cylinders that game. If Ryan gets the time, these receivers can get open. Having an RB in Freeman who can catch also opens up the possibilities that Turner could not fulfill.

Dang we should have won the Super Bowl that year.

15 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

LOL! You just hurt his feelings. 

Look at Roddy in that video.

He is fast and open and beating the best CB in the league. You can see from this past season how he could not get separation. Man age is a b.

Also look at Quinn's game plan against us: manhandle Gonzo. They held and pushed and shoved him all game. Every catch he made was incredible with all that nonsense going on.

Edited by Jesus

10 hours ago, insight said:

He lead in red zone turnovers, interceptions, plus fumbles, he was tied for 2nd worse in interceptions 1 behind Eli Manning so you are correct on that front.  Comparing Matt Ryan to Eli is FOOLISH, Eli threw for 35 TD's Matt threw for 21 TD.  

You need to stop reading stats and WATCH FOOTBALL GAMES, when you do you will see it was obvious Matt struggled last year and played very poorly at critical points of the game.  

If Kyle continues to have him running naked boots, and read option plays we will not see the best version of Matt. 

I never said Matt Ryan played well all the time. Ever. I've repeatedly mentioned Matt Ryan as one of the things that needs to get better in 2016. So that's a non-starter.

Second off, you said "that shouldnt happen in Year 9" not me. What I showed you clearly indicates that those things happen to QBs of all experience levels. Including at least two Hall of Famers in year 13 of their career. Now, for some reason, throwing 35 TDs is a qualifier? Standard goal post move. Blocked. Don't bring that **** here. 

As for me having to "watch football games" well....lets just say thats awfully ironic. Especially in the context of this discussion. Because anyone who watched the games would know that the vast majority of those "red zone turnovers" werent awful mistakes by the QB. One pick was a great defensive play. Two picks were flukey tipped balls (one of which wasnt even a completed interception). One interception was a legitimate bad throw/decision. So there's 1-4. 

As for the fumbles

Fumble 1 - OL broke down and the defender made a good play. That's 1. 
Fumble 2 - James Stone snapped the ball into his ball sack. The ball never ever got close to Ryan. But let me guess....I need to stop looking at the box score and watch the game, right?
Fumble 3 - Mike Person rolls the ball in between the QB and the RB in shotgun. Yeah, thats definitely on the shortstop...errrrrr QB.
Fumble 4 - Was a handoff botch....you can't possibly tell who is at fault there. 

Again....1-4. 

Watch the games, homie. 

16 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Yeah, don't fk with Larry man.