QB: Ryan, Schaub

• cut = Renfree, Sims

RB/FB: Freeman, Coleman, DiMarco, Ward, Ratelle

• cut = Johnson

TE: Tamme, Hooper, Toilolo

• cut = Perkins

WR: Jones, Sanu, Hardy, Hester, Williams, Fuller

• cut = Glidden, Johnson, McKissic, Robinson, Weems

OL: Matthews, LeVitre, Mack, Person, Schraeder, Chester, Schweitzer, Compton, Harris

• cut = Stone, Ahmed, Elenz, Garland, Rahrig, Reed

DL: Babineaux, Clayborn, Hageman, Jackson, Jarrett, Mbu, Shelby

• cut = Goodman, Mayes

EDGE: Beasley, Reed, Upshaw, Starr

• cut = Dawson, B. Williams

ILB: Worrilow, D. Jones, Campbell, Weatherspoon, Wheeler

• cut = Reynolds

S: Allen, Neal, Therezie, Neasman

• cut = Godfrey, Ishmael, Parms

CB: Trufant, Alford, Collins, King, Goodwin

• cut = Mims II, Sefon, Van Dyke

S/T: P - Bosher; K - Rose, LS - Harris

• cut = K - Bryant

10 man Practice Squad:

1. QB (not currently on the roster, cut from another team. Unless we can get Renfree on here.)
  2. RB - B. Wilds
  3. TE - Tialavea
  4. WR - J. Leslie
  5. OL - L. Gibson
  6. DL - C. Johnson
  7. EDGE - I. McLennan
  8. ILB - T. Green
  9. S - B. Poole
  10. CB - D. Johnson
Edited by RandomFan
3 hours ago, Shuswap said:

I think Ishmael stays , he's good depth.  

28 minutes ago, Ewok said:

Same. 

I used to think so too until the team went out and made drafting a SS the top priority and not even pretending like it was an open competition before handing him the starting job. Just how well could this staff really think Ishmael fits this scheme, knowing that? I think Ish is a fine backup safety for a normal 4-3 - perhaps even a solid starter; but I'm now less convinced that he's a good fit for this version of the Cover-3 we run now.

Edited by RandomFan
48 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't think we're going to carry 2 fullbacks. Brandon Wilds has a legitimate shot at beating out Ward or being our 4th running back. 

I agree that Wilds has a legitimate shot at beating out Ward, this is just my early projection. And don't count out Ratelle. He's capable of filling the #3 RB role himself, while also being a backup FB. But more important, he will be a special teams demon at his size, speed, and hustle. And we did just lose Biermann and Stupar who both took more special teams snaps than anyone else on the team last year. Also consider that DiMarco is a free agent after this year.

If Dimarco plays this year anything like he did last year **** get a nice contract to keep him around. Guy was easily imo the most improved player from the previous year on the roster. I also think had he got more deserved recognition and FB were actually voted for in the running he could've had a legit shot at comeback player of the year.

Far as this protection goes I would mostly agree apart from the possible case of Ishmael staying and the likelihood that Bryant is going nowhere. I could also see Goodman sticking around again. I thin kthe coaches like hinlm as depth, but not a starter.

Edited by FenixFalcon
5 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I used to think so too until the team went out and made drafting a SS the top priority and not even pretending like it was an open competition before handing him the starting job. Just how well could this staff really think Ishmael fits this scheme, knowing that? I think Ish is a fine backup safety for a normal 4-3 - perhaps even a solid starter; but I'm now less convinced that he's a good fit for this version of the Cover-3 we run now.

Good point

18 hours ago, RandomFan said:

OL: Matthews, LeVitre, Mack, Person, Schraeder, Chester, Schweitzer, Compton, Harris

• cut = Stone, Ahmed, Elenz, Garland, Rahrig, Reed

This guy might get in the hunt for an OL spot. Could battle Harris and/or Compton.

"The Falcons continue to bolster their offensive line as they announced on Wednesday afternoon the signing of OL Laurence Gibson.

The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have signed offensive lineman Laurence Gibson.

Gibson, 6-6, 315 pounds, was originally selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the seventh round (243rd overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft out of Virginia Tech. He spent the 2015 season as a member of the Kansas City Chiefs practice squad. Gibson played in 39 games, making 19 starts, for the Hokies. He began his career switching between guard and tackle before establishing himself as the starting left tackle during his senior season."

58 minutes ago, theProf said:

This guy might get in the hunt for an OL spot. Could battle Harris and/or Compton.

"The Falcons continue to bolster their offensive line as they announced on Wednesday afternoon the signing of OL Laurence Gibson.

The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have signed offensive lineman Laurence Gibson.

Gibson, 6-6, 315 pounds, was originally selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the seventh round (243rd overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft out of Virginia Tech. He spent the 2015 season as a member of the Kansas City Chiefs practice squad. Gibson played in 39 games, making 19 starts, for the Hokies. He began his career switching between guard and tackle before establishing himself as the starting left tackle during his senior season."

He don't look like he is 315lbs.

image.jpg