Favourite ever draft pick

Julio and it's not close. I didn't even bother to look at how many picks we gave up initially. When I heard the pick, I knew we had a bonafide STUD coming our way.

PS I know we had our eye on AJ Green and Julio was the consolation, but I was happier to get Julio. I watched AJ in college and loved him, but he didn't have the jets Julio does. If Julio gets the ball in space, say buh-bye.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick had all the college hype. And he brought excitement to atlanta. You would see #7 jerseys everywhere, not just Atlanta. Cover of madden and everyone played with him. All the ESPN coverage. Got no better than that. Of course things had to go the atlanta way with his career

Vick being drafted is the reason I got into football as much as I am, but I haven't gotten a player I wanted as badly as I wanted us to draft the other Vic last year. I've followed the draft closely since we drafted DeAngelo Hall and Michael Jenkins, but we've never drafted someone I've wanted like Vic Beasley until last year. 

3 hours ago, Ewok said:

Hindsight for you guys must be awful or just blinded by how amazing Julio has done.
Yes, he was a good pick and one of our bests, but this board was more upset about not getting AJ. I guess you all don't remember that. 

I agree with Julio, but a very needed pick at the time was Matt R.  One of the most important picks ever to turn our team around.

The most exciting picks for me were Deion Sanders, Mike Vick and Julio Jones. 

I've been following the draft pretty religiously since 2005 and there has been a number of picks that I've been pumped about in that time: Roddy White, Matt Ryan, William Moore, Sean Weatherspoon, Vic Beasley - all picks that I wanted/called. My favorite was probably Spoon, pretty much from the moment the 2009 draft finished he was my pick.

The fav drafts were the ones where we got the guy I desperately wanted through hours of extensive scouting. Deangelo Hall (the next Deion), Weatherspoon (so fast and physical, the next Cushing) and finally War (couldn't believe we got him in the 2nd). All these guys had the tools to be great but maybe just lacked a key component to be great (poor attitude or the ability to stay healthy)

oh and yeh I wanted Dorsey like a love sick school girl. Clearly there's a reason I'm not a scout 

I was really happy with the Beasley pick actually - although I was a little upset that Leonard Williams went the pick before. Similar situation to Mack/Jake the previous year. Loved the player but allowed myself to get excited about a top guy dropping. 

Vick. Ever since I was a kid. I would create a player in my mind and in video games about a QB with Barry Sanders like ability. Then my hometown team trades for the Barry Sanders of QBs. I wish he put in the time. I wish he had a better inner circle of friends and family. I wish his career had gone differently. But my excitement as a fan was ignited ten fold. With that said, I was really sad we went Matt Ryan-pretty much the anti-Vick in terms of ability. But now, I LOVE Matt Ryan. His person, his talent, and his work ethic. He is our best QB of all time and I really think Matt Ryan is going to do something big this year.