Was Stupar was telling the truth about our fanbase?

I know Im not one of the fans he is referring to but I cant speak for anyone else. I want to know how everyone else feels about his statements and how can we get better as a fanbase. 

Personally I am a diehard fan. I love the falcons but I dont understand how some fans can dis our team constantly and only concentrate on the negatives without acknowledging the positives. 

Im not speaking of the fans that disagree with some things then speak positive when they see the good. Im fine with that. Its the ones that attack our players and coaches constantly. Some of us bashed Sanu after he signed to be a falcon. He didn't take the field yet and some of us were dissing him. Ridiculous! We should support him.

Quinn has challenged us to be better and Im ready to ride and die with Falcons to the end.  ITS TIME! #Riseup

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The dome was louder for Vick when he played for the Eagles than they were @ any time during the Ryan era.....if that tells you anything.

I was at that game and just sat there in disbelief. I would have moved the team if I was Blank.

Yeah that's ridiculous...wow

I think what Stupar said can actually be used to describe many other teams' fan bases as well.

Bucs, Jags, and many other teams fans do not support their teams as much when they lose. Watch how the new found love for the Rams take a turn for the worse if they continue to lose now they are back in LA. It will be much worse than being perennial losers back St. Louis. 

There are very passionate fans in every teams fan base. It just all comes down to their team winning. Saints fans are a prime example of this as well. They will be back to being bagheads once the bottom fully falls out of the Payton/Brees era.

1 hour ago, Falcon918 said:

I know Im not one of the fans he is referring to but I cant speak for anyone else. I want to know how everyone else feels about his statements and how can we get better as a fanbase. 

Personally I am a diehard fan. I love the falcons but I dont understand how some fans can dis our team constantly and only concentrate on the negatives without acknowledging the positives. 

Im not speaking of the fans that disagree with some things then speak positive when they see the good. Im fine with that. Its the ones that attack our players and coaches constantly. Some of us bashed Sanu after he signed to be a falcon. He didn't take the field yet and some of us were dissing him. Ridiculous! We should support him.

Quinn has challenged us to be better and Im ready to ride and die with Falcons to the end.  ITS TIME! #Riseup

I'll answer this honestly.  I've been a Falcons fan since 1988.  I've never lived in Georgia, so obviously I can't go to home games, but I've bought NFL Sunday Ticket every year of it's existence, and I've been to every Falcon game that has been played in whatever state I'm living in (went to Rams/Falcons when I lived in California and have been to every game the Falcons have played in Denver since moving to Colorado in 1999...). So I feel confident to say that the local ATL fanbase is embarrassing.  Simply, purely embarrassing.  The dome is empty at kickoff and at the end of games, sometimes as early as third quarter.  Often I hear cheering for the away team louder than for the Falcons on the tv broadcast.  The tv announcers comment frequently about the empty seats and the lack of crowd noise/enthusiasm.  It's just a fact.

I know a lot of you die hard fans will get all huffy, but you're obviously not the ones I'm speaking of.  If you're not one of the ones I'm speaking of, don't get all offended.  I have the unfortunate experience of being able to gauge our fanbase vs the local Bronco fanbase, and it's night and day. Stupar was on point in his comments, and the people bashing him are only shooting the messenger...

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I think what Stupar said can actually be used to describe many other teams' fan bases as well.

Bucs, Jags, and many other teams do not support their teams as much when they lose. Watch how the new found love for the Rams take a turn for the worse if they continue to lose now they are back in LA. It will be much worse than being perennial losers back St. Louis. 

There are very passionate fans in every teams fan base. It just all comes down to their team winning. Saints fans are a prime example of this as well. They will be back to being bagheads once the bottom fully falls out of the Payton/Brees era.

You got a good point. I get mad but Im still all in on my falcons. Im 110% behind Dan Quinn also. 

3 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

I'll answer this honestly.  I've been a Falcons fan since 1988.  I've never lived in Georgia, so obviously I can't go to home games, but I've bought NFL Sunday Ticket every year of it's existence, and I've been to every Falcon game that has been played in whatever state I'm living in (went to Rams/Falcons when I lived in California and have been to every game the Falcons have played in Denver since moving to Colorado in 1999...). So I feel confident to say that the local ATL fanbase is embarrassing.  Simply, purely embarrassing.  The dome is empty at kickoff and at the end of games, sometimes as early as third quarter.  Often I hear cheering for the away team louder than for the Falcons on the tv broadcast.  The tv announcers comment frequently about the empty seats and the lack of crowd noise/enthusiasm.  It's just a fact.

I know a lot of you die hard fans will get all huffy, but you're obviously not the ones I'm speaking of.  If you're not one of the ones I'm speaking of, don't get all offended.  I have the unfortunate experience of being able to gauge our fanbase vs the local Bronco fanbase, and it's night and day. Stupar was on point in his comments...

Thanks for your honesty. Im die hard but I cant say your lying or get mad. We just have to do better that's all I can say.

Edited by Falcon918

There have been times when the Dome was rocking... Monday Night vs the Eagles the year after we lost to them in the NFCCG will always resonate with me as one of the best local fanbase moments I've seen... place was rocking like I'd never seen it before.  But for a large part (certainly not all), it's a pretty reserved crowd... Many times I've thought to myself, "Those poor players... I'd hate to have to play for this crowd..."