Quinn in first ESPN segment said he's switching safeties and nickle backs

BCurt57

I saw the segment, and it's nothing like you're describing. It's just his usual talk about finding out what players can do and featuring it. Said this is the time of the year to figure out what other traits and skills players possess. Said it's the time of the year to find out if Vic can play SAM, if any CB's can play nickel back, etc...

Typical Dan Quinn talk, nothing groundbreaking to see here.

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I saw the segment, and it's nothing like you're describing. It's just his usual talk about finding out what players can do and featuring it. Said this is the time of the year to figure out what other traits and skills players possess. Said it's the time of the year to find out if Vic can play SAM, if any CB's can play nickel back, etc...

Interesting.  I never hear these radio/tv bits, so I'm always having to do supposition based on translated information.

So just training camp stuff?

8 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Thank you for being more clear. 

The safeties can be interchangeable, I don't think he's going to be playing safeties at NB though. Rico probably has the versatility to play it though since he was a ball hawk at Purdue. That being said, if we sign Boykin I think a lot of our NB problems go away, even if we don't DQ wants Alford at NB so therefore we'll have a good NB no matter what, definitely better than last year. That UDFA Neasman looks like a capable player of playing S and NB as well...