I would expect it to be more fluid than that, especially at SAM.  And I'd wager Worrilow might get a shot at WILL if Jones wins at MIKE, and I'm not convinced Spoon will beat him out there.

Beasley will get some looks at LEO and I'd bet we treat the LEO/SAM positions as more interchangeable this season, just to give the offenses different looks.  Just me spitballing, but especially if they can get some rush out of Clayborn, Upshaw and Reed at LEO, I wouldn't be surprised to just see them line up those guys back and forth depending on down, distance, matchup, etc.

I don't buy that Beasley is "moving to SAM" and will primarily play from there on base downs.  I do buy that they are going to move him around like Seattle did Irvin and Avril and see if they can create matchup issues, and I also buy that Richard Smith is planning to use Beasley more like they used Miller in Denver.  But his primary job is still going to be to hunt the QB.  They aren't going to have him set the edge and drop in coverage until the sub package goes in.  Bet on that.

11 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Jones still has to beat out Worrilow..... which is not a given

People still hanging on the feel good story of Worrislow?  Worrislow has no business in the NFL.  I know Adrian Peterson is a monster, but the way he made Worrislow look that last game, it was one of the most embarrassing display of domination. 

48 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I would expect it to be more fluid than that, especially at SAM.  And I'd wager Worrilow might get a shot at WILL if Jones wins at MIKE, and I'm not convinced Spoon will beat him out there.

Beasley will get some looks at LEO and I'd bet we treat the LEO/SAM positions as more interchangeable this season, just to give the offenses different looks.  Just me spitballing, but especially if they can get some rush out of Clayborn, Upshaw and Reed at LEO, I wouldn't be surprised to just see them line up those guys back and forth depending on down, distance, matchup, etc.

I don't buy that Beasley is "moving to SAM" and will primarily play from there on base downs.  I do buy that they are going to move him around like Seattle did Irvin and Avril and see if they can create matchup issues, and I also buy that Richard Smith is planning to use Beasley more like they used Miller in Denver.  But his primary job is still going to be to hunt the QB.  They aren't going to have him set the edge and drop in coverage until the sub package goes in.  Bet on that.

Agree with this in full.

3 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

People still hanging on the feel good story of Worrislow?  Worrislow has no business in the NFL.  I know Adrian Peterson is a monster, but the way he made Worrislow look that last game, it was one of the most embarrassing display of domination. 

kinda like your boy stone.

3 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

You misunderstand.

I'm not singing the praises of Worrilow... far from it.

I'm just saying Jones is a rookie that didn't have a lot of starting experience in college.  Sure Jones can run fast but as Worrilow is proof of, (if you go by his pro-day numbers), being able to run fast doesn't mean you'er going to be able to play fast.

So while I don't have a lot of faith in Worrilow I have to admit that he's got an advantage over Jones when it comes to playing experience in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

An NCAA boy at Mike, a fragile Featherspoon at Will, a DE at Sam and a slew of as beatin QBs on the schedule.  Not exactly a recipe for success. 

You're almost not worth talking to anymore.  Which is a shame.  You used to be a good poster, but now you've decided to be this:

Debbie_Downer.PNG

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

An NCAA boy at Mike, a fragile Featherspoon at Will, a DE at Sam and a slew of as beatin QBs on the schedule.  Not exactly a recipe for success. 

You haven't damaged your reputation with the enthusiasm of this post, but this one I agree with.

I'm not excited about Jones, Weatherspoon isn't healthy and even if he is, he's not a top 20 LBer in the league. Beasley I like but he's still unproven as well. Worrilow, Wheeler, Reed, Reynolds, and Campbell are all either average, sub-par, or unproven.

That being said, I think our front 4 rotation can be pretty good and our secondary should be a strength.

11 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

I don't see Jones or Spoon starti ng at all. Beasley will play some snaps at SAM but his primary job is to rush the passer.

It'll look like this imo

SAM: Reed
WILL: Wheeler
MIKE: Worrilow

Whole team mid as well not show up all season

7 hours ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

I don't see Jones or Spoon starti ng at all. Beasley will play some snaps at SAM but his primary job is to rush the passer.

It'll look like this imo

SAM: Reed
WILL: Wheeler
MIKE: Worrilow

I really think it will come down to the down and distance. Basically run (1st and 2nd down) vs pass (2nd and 3rd and long) players 

SAM: Reed (Run), Beasely (pass)
WILL: Spoon (Run), Wheeler (pass)
MIKE: Worrilow (Run), Jones  (pass)

Guys like Jones can take over full time but it won't be at week 1. Spoon and Wheeler will battle it out and it may simply be winner takes all.