CB Brandon Boykin To Visit Falcons On Monday

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

nothing bad can come of signing him - he is talented and he can return punts/kickoffs - if we did like Panthers and signed him to a low signing bonus and cut him - we are no worse than we were before we started - it would be Arthur's $80,000 check.

Good, low risk signing that could be a good gamble.

Cut three times? dunno, maybe he is a lockerroom cancer - who knows?

If he's a locker room cancer that would be the bad that can come from this signing. 

12 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

He got cut by Philly because he wasn't vibing with Chip Kelly. A lot of black players weren't at that time.

Not sure why he got cut by Steelers.

He got cut by Panthers because they went on a DB spree in the draft.

He's only been cut once and that was by Carolina. He was traded to Pittsburgh and was a free agent after last season.

I'm not seeing the red flags here. He was traded from Philly because he (and a lot of other players) had a huge disconnect with Chip Kelly, the Steelers refused to give up on their bum of a slot corner, and Boykin actually looked really good when he was on the field for the Steelers, wasn't re-signed for whatever reason, probably has to do with him being upset that he didn't get much playing time. 

Cut from the panthers because they drafted what, 3 CB's? This is even before offseason workouts, so they really had no idea what he was going to bring to the table, but they obviously feel good about the CB's they drafted. It's just been a crappy situation for the guy, i feel bad for him. Bring em in. He'll get some solid playing time.

1 hour ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

He got cut by Philly because he wasn't vibing with Chip Kelly. A lot of black players weren't at that time.

Not sure why he got cut by Steelers.

He got cut by Panthers because they went on a DB spree in the draft.

Im not sure how I feel about signing him now, I wanted us to sign him Initially when free agency started but now i'm wondering what is going on with him. I hope he sticks if we sign him but if there is anything crazy going on with him i'd rather they leave him be.

40 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

So cut by three teams yet nobody has thrown out the obligatory "if *insert team* doesnt want him then why should we?"

@YoungHeezy you're needed for a third time to correct that he was "cut by 3 teams".

I've read up a lot on Boykin the last couple of days trying to figure out what this mysterious "red flag" might be, and best I can tell, it may just be that he doesn't feel like he's being given a fair shot in the league with what he's shown on the field.

I'd be happy to elaborate on that if anyone cares to read it.

Edited by PK Manley