CB Brandon Boykin To Visit Falcons On Monday

Arkridge

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust in DQ, but adding another 5'9 corner in this division seems odd, which is why I thought they were trying to move Alford inside. But if we sign Boykin, in addition to Alford, I think we'll be mauled in the air game.

Edited by ramonezy

Brandon Boykin - DB - Free Agent

Free agent SCB Brandon Boykin will visit the Falcons on Monday.

Boykin was surprisingly released from the Panthers this week just two months into a deal which included an $80,000 signing bonus. Boykin excels on the field, but he has now been let go by three teams since last August. With Desmond Trufant and Robert Alford on the outside, Boykin would give Atlanta a potentially dominant corner group.

Related: Falcons

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

I'm not sure what the deal is with this guy but when I was living in Philly I saw basically every snap he took there. He played great and the Eagles fans were pretty bummed when they lost him. He's a pretty decent return man too. I hope we sign him. He will immediately solve one of our glaring issues. He played mostly inside with Philly but he has the ability to play outside too. Can't understand why this guy can't keep a job. He's cheap and he's good. 

nothing bad can come of signing him - he is talented and he can return punts/kickoffs - if we did like Panthers and signed him to a low signing bonus and cut him - we are no worse than we were before we started - it would be Arthur's $80,000 check.

Good, low risk signing that could be a good gamble.

Cut three times? dunno, maybe he is a lockerroom cancer - who knows?

All for this signing if his medicals check out.  I am still wondering why he can't stick anywhere too though.  He is good and the prototype nickel.  Just a little baffling why he can't stick on a team that needs a corner is all...

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

nothing bad can come of signing him - he is talented and he can return punts/kickoffs - if we did like Panthers and signed him to a low signing bonus and cut him - we are no worse than we were before we started - it would be Arthur's $80,000 check.

Good, low risk signing that could be a good gamble.

Cut three times? dunno, maybe he is a lockerroom cancer - who knows?

Drafted, traded, not re-signed, cut