DiMarco and Beasley Pressers

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, atlbaby said:

Glad to hear Beasley giving pointers to Ivan McLennan.

Boy, this kid McLennan is making a lot of noise.  He's been mentioned more by players and coaches than guys who have been on this team for years (Goodman, Starr, etc...).  Team seems to really like him early.  Dark horse guy that has a good shot to make the team.

Another thing, why don't we praise Dimarco more?  The guy only worked his butt off to become a probowler after many of us (including me) wanted to see him gone before the season started last year.  He has done nothing but prove people wrong and get better.  Cheers Dimarco, glad we have you on the team playing at an elite level.  We need more guys to take the same approach you did and take their game to the next level.

4 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

We drafted a Sam LB with the 7th pick in the draft SMH. This is why TD sucks . Quinn is a great Coach but that dosen't mean he's competent enough to run the draft. 

Nobody will criticize the pick because all y'all drank the Koolaid on him being a Full time DE. We find a way to mess up a wet dream every time. 

I Bleed Red and Black but mannnnnnnn  we suck at maneuvering the draft. 

1 minute ago, atlGM said:

We drafted a Sam LB with the 7th pick in the draft SMH. This is why TD sucks . Quinn is a great Coach but that dosen't mean he's competent enough to run the draft. 

Nobody will criticize the pick because all y'all drank the Koolaid on him being a Full time DE. We find a way to mess up a wet dream every time. 

LOL! OK...

3 minutes ago, atlGM said:

Lmao. Von Miller is a SAM in Denver. In the same scheme. The scheme Richard Smith coached him as a LB in. The same coach we have as a DC. While Beasley says he models his game after Miller.

And it was the 8th pick. Not that it especially matters, but if you're going to spout all that stuff off, you could at least get that right...

Just now, Falcan Moore said:

Lmao. Von Miller is a SAM in Denver. In the same scheme. The scheme Richard Smith coached him as a LB in. The same coach we have as a DC. While Beasley says he models his game after Miller.

And it was the 8th pick. Not that it especially matters, but if you're going to spout all that stuff off, you could at least get that right...

von miller is von miller. Denver runs a 3-4 base Defense its not the same. Beasley will be half as good Miller and hopefully almost as good as Irvin. Keep drinking the koolaid. 8th pick 5th pick 17th pick its all the same. 

7 minutes ago, atlGM said:

We drafted who almost everyone thought was the best pure pass rusher in the draft that year. You don't like pass rushers? You didn't think that was an area of weakness on the team?

12 minutes ago, atlGM said:

We drafted Vic Beasley to rush the passer

2 minutes ago, atlGM said:

von miller is von miller. Denver runs a 3-4 base Defense its not the same. Beasley will be half as good Miller and hopefully almost as good as Irvin. Keep drinking the koolaid. 8th pick 5th pick 17th pick its all the same. 

Ugh. Since you don't like the kool-aid here go drink somewhere else. 

Just now, Jpowers said:

We drafted who almost everyone thought was the best pure pass rusher in the draft that year. You don't like pass rushers? You didn't think that was an area of weakness on the team?

Problem is he wasn't the best pass rusher For our scheme and arguably in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Lawson was arguably the best pass rusher on the board this year and we took a safety . But thats ok because it fits the narrative. 

13 minutes ago, atlGM said:

Lawson was arguably the best pass rusher on the board this year and we took a safety . But thats ok because it fits the narrative. 

You're skipping around on me man. You're already complaining about drafting the best pass rusher on the board from last year so I don't understand why we're skipping to this year. 

Please explain to me how Beasley doesn't fit our scheme in your opinion. I'm honestly curious.

Edit: Nobody is going to criticize the pick because we're only going into his second year. History proves that criticizing a pass rusher after his first year can have a tendency to come back and bite you. Just give it time man and then you may have a point but until then you're jumping the gun.

13 minutes ago, atlGM said:

LOL!  You do know that Lawson just underwent shoulder surgery right?   No timetable on his return.  Please explain why you want him again? 

5 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Explain that one please.

First off you have to take the Von Miller Comparisons out of the equations. Beasleys measurables compare to miller but thats where it stops. Von Miller is and was skilled enough( not just athletic) to play in any scheme

Beasley is a natural speed rusher he dosen't consistently win with leverage a trait that you need when rushing the passer. Leverage is soooo underated when evaluating pass rushers. 

Beasley dosen't have great hand usage which causes him to be stonewalled when lineman gets a hand on him.

He plays at one speed and although he performed well in his combine drills his agility(footwork) when it comes to setting up Lineman is subpar

And then there is the body type Beasley is top heavy which is probably why he struggles winning with leverage. 

He is a pure 3-4 OLB he could be good in that role. He isn't agile enough to do what Irvin did for Seattle as a SLB. 

We Needed a DE. 2ND taking a hybrid lb with 8th pick is once again a terrible value

39 minutes ago, atlGM said:

Von Miller was a top ten pick. Khalil Mack was also. 

8 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

LOL!  You do know that Lawson just underwent shoulder surgery right?   No timetable on his return.  Please explain why you want him again? 

Because he can get to the QB consistenltly from the DE position. I can wait on him to recover from the surgery because i know he will be a force when he returns. 

1 minute ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

2 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Beasley dosen't even belong in the same sentence with either of those guys

numb casses gonnna be numb casses