Yesterday appreciation thread...things from the past that make you smile.

I miss being able to come home from school and see a new episode of whatever cartoon I was currently into every afternoon. Maybe they still do that with kids shows I dunno but certainly not the shows I watch these days

43 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

I joined the Army way back in 1975. At the time, she was IT for black guys:

9b54774449af2eabf41b55d7efb9ae47.jpg

She apparently was IT for all the guys because every **** magazine she was in sold out at the PX regularly! BTW, that 75 cents was money back then!:lol:

She was a special kind of good lookin. Only a few women on that level.  And I wasn't even born in 75

13 minutes ago, labradford said:

08795b58cd3e402377df5e4ad6fb8822_crop_no

I remember the best seats I've ever had at a baseball game were three or four rows behind home plate when Maddux was pitching. I also remember being shocked at the words that man would use after getting a ball called on him. He looked so nerdy but he had the mouth of a sailor.

I blame him for my language nowadays.

12 hours ago, biloxifalcon said:

I joined the Army way back in 1975. At the time, she was IT for black guys:

9b54774449af2eabf41b55d7efb9ae47.jpg

She apparently was IT for all the guys because every **** magazine she was in sold out at the PX regularly! BTW, that 75 cents was money back then!:lol:

I honestly don't remember a lot about Pam Grier...but as a white kid who didn't understand or care a whole lot about race...the black girl that I first remember being enamored with was Jayne Kennedy.

4f1e72d69d857858e484559b843dc617.jpg

28 minutes ago, Flip Wilson said:

I honestly don't remember a lot about Pam Grier...but as a white kid who didn't understand or care a whole about race...the black girl that I first remember being enamored with was Jayne Kennedy.

4f1e72d69d857858e484559b843dc617.jpg

Oh man, **** yea! Jayne was definitely a beautiful woman! BTW, I wasn't trying to make it about race. The Army taught me not care about that ****. I'm glad it did because I made friends from all over the world!:)

10 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

Oh man, **** yea! Jayne was definitely a beautiful woman! BTW, I wasn't trying to make it about race. The Army taught me not care about that ****. I'm glad it did because I made friends from all over the world!:)

Oh no man. I didn't take it that way at all. The reason I probably didn't know who Foxy Brown was until later on in life was that my parents were typical white folks of that time. They were less about race than their parents but they still didn't go out of their way to watch a lot of shows or movies with all black cast. I remember them watching Good Times because of Jimmy Walker but that was about it.

Funny thing though how things change. My mom is 75 now and she has come to live with us and she watches BET and Centric all the time.

23 minutes ago, Flip Wilson said:

Oh no man. I didn't take it that way at all. The reason I probably didn't know who Foxy Brown was until later on in life was that my parents were typical white folks of that time. They were less about race than their parents but they still didn't go out of their way to watch a lot of shows or movies with all black cast. I remember them watching Good Times because of Jimmy Walker but that was about it.

Funny thing though how things change. My mom is 75 now and she has come to live with us and she watches BET and Centric all the time.

Dude, there was a steady diet of Gran Ole Opry every Sat night when I was growing up. Oh yea, and Hee Haw. Also, we had an AM radio that tuned into Nashville. I think there was an hour of R&B and the rest was country! :lol:

On May 18, 2016 at 11:59 AM, clownorg said:

0885024001425746162_filepicker.jpg

1995 Stanley Cup.. 1st of Marty's 3

This!!! 1000 x this!

i was 7 when they won and I turned to my parents and said Marty's gonna break all the records someday! 

Devils fan for life 

also so had this photo framed and on my wall till I left for college 

Edited by SkerFalcon8710