Temperature records smashed for the 7th month in a row

12 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

And the entire world still holds NASA in high regard. Of course NASA wouldn't answer. If they were to answer to any pothead they won't get to do anything.

Just for the record, I just checked and the guy is hydro-geologist, working on flow through rocks. No background in climatology, 6 total lifetime publications, one remotely related to temperature. Yeah, really reliable! 

Instead of attacking the messenger which is typical leftist tactic, look at what he did. He simply looked at the raw data and noticed NASA tampered with it to create the impression there had been warming.

A high school math student could perform that study, you just look at the raw number that was reported, then compare it to the number NASA used and you see a pattern of NASA tampering with the raw data.

It really simple, and provable, unlike your theories.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

NASA’s top climatologist said that the US had been cooling

Whither U.S. Climate?
By James Hansen, Reto Ruedy, Jay Glascoe and Makiko Sato — August 1999

Empirical evidence does not lend much support to the notion that climate is headed precipitately toward more extreme heat and drought.

in the U.S. there has been little temperature change in the past 50 years, the time of rapidly increasing greenhouse gases — in fact, there was a slight cooling throughout much of the country

This is back in 1999, I have been talking about this century having 15 of the 16 warmest years on record. 

Also, the discussion is about global average surface temperature, not the US. 

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

Instead of attacking the messenger which is typical leftist tactic, look at what he did. He simply looked at the raw data and noticed NASA tampered with it to create the impression there had been warming.

They're like talking to a brick wall...do you really think you will get through to him/her Gaz?

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

It is really simple, nobody has taken this guy seriously, he has' published anywhere, he doesn't know the field. Treatment of data in any field requires knowledge of that field which this guy obviously doesn't have, hence not being taken seriously.

He didn't show anything. Climate data is always preprocessed, has to be to  account for co-dependencies. These are standard procedures.

34 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

It is really simple, nobody has taken this guy seriously, he has' published anywhere, he doesn't know the field. Treatment of data in any field requires knowledge of that field which this guy obviously doesn't have, hence not being taken seriously.

He didn't show anything. Climate data is always preprocessed, has to be to  account for co-dependencies. These are standard procedures.

Look, the study was simply a comparison of raw ( actual temperatures) compared the the adjusted by government agency temperatures ( the data that was tampered with) 

So the raw data, which means the ACTUAL TEMPERATURES THAT WERE RECORDED, mean nothing to you that they show the it actually cooled.

You instead rely on the "adjusted by government" data that adjusted temperatures to create the illusion there actually was warming.

OK

"Climate data is always preprocessed, has to be to  account for co-dependencies. These are standard procedures."

this sure gives government agencies a lot of leeway in manipulating climate data.

i prefer to use raw data, which is actual temperatures. The actual temperatures show there was cooling.

21 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Look, the study was simply a comparison of raw ( actual temperatures) compared the the adjusted by government agency temperatures ( the data that was tampered with) 

So the raw data, which means the ACTUAL TEMPERATURES THAT WERE RECORDED, mean nothing to you that they show the it actually cooled.

You instead rely on the "adjusted by government" data that adjusted temperatures to create the illusion there actually was warming.

OK

He didn't show anything. He made an unsubstantiated claim that no scientific body has accepted for publication, no scientist anywhere in the world has picked up, nobody is paying attention to. If this was such an amazing discovery, why no reputable scientist has joined voices with this guy? You're welcome to take the word of a rock geologist over thousands of climate scientists in the world if you want, but I see no reason to do so. You should also remember, the data is global data and is not owned by NASA. If NASA had altered the data, other agencies around the world would have known. I mean this is so ridiculous is not even worth the time to discuss. 

1 hour ago, dmo_dlo said:

dmo, you do know that our planet has heated a mere 1 degree in 150 years, preceding a mini ice age? You do know polar bears are at the 30 year average? You do understand that antarctica, holding 80% of the worlds ice has gotten colder and the ice thicker then the 30 year average? I'm sure you are aware that sea levels have risen only inches over the last 50 years, while overall we've seen sea levels rising for the past 6000 years? I'm sure you are familiar with the bearing straights? Well not to long ago they were used as a land bridge which animals and humans walked across. We also have found fishing villages some 100 miles inland, which had been coastal not long before? You are most aware that the hockey stick graph was made up out of whole cloth? I'd be very happy to debate all al gores mumbo jumbo but in closing, you are aware that the data sets supporting a rapidly warming earth, were found to be made up? Gazoo has already spoken to most of these facts but you sir, seem stuck in the song Party like its 1991.

59 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

He didn't show anything. He made an unsubstantiated claim that no scientific body has accepted for publication, no scientist anywhere in the world has picked up, nobody is paying attention to. If this was such an amazing discovery, why no reputable scientist has joined voices with this guy? You're welcome to take the word of a rock geologist over thousands of climate scientists in the world if you want, but I see no reason to do so. You should also remember, the data is global data and is not owned by NASA. If NASA had altered the data, other agencies around the world would have known. I mean this is so ridiculous is not even worth the time to discuss. 

The IPCC has been caught red handed manipulating the data. There are also 1000's of scientist who have come out and stated their data was tampered with and refute the man made warming scenario outright.

Only a boom if you're functionally ********. 

It sets the baseline at the hottest period on record, including the current record holder 98 as the starting point. 

The equivalent of saying you're "driving slow" when you're going 110 because you comparing it to when you were going 120 just a few minutes ago. 

Really, it's simple. If you don't believe in climate change its because you're either ignorant or a hack.

Just now, Free Radical said:

Only a boom if you're functionally ********. 

It sets the baseline at the hottest period on record, including the current record holder 98 as the starting point. 

The equivalent of saying you're "driving slow" when you're going 110 because you comparing it to when you were going 120 just a few minutes ago. 

Really, it's simple. If you don't believe in climate change its because you're either ignorant or a hack.

Earth to Radical, come in Radical......Of course our climate changes. Always has, always will. Do you have another point other then the driving Mrs Daisy example?

1 minute ago, Free Radical said:

One minute you say it always changes, the next minute it's cooling, the next minute it isn't changing at all. You're a pathological liar with no creditability, integrity, or self-respect. Get help. 

Hmm, Sir Rad. if you are speaking to me, please show where I have suggested any of that dribble. I will wait, anxiously with a sprite in hand. The gas bubbles give me gas when I ready your posts so I must prepare myself.

2 minutes ago, Free Radical said:

Your daughters are going to be so wrecked in life if you're an example of what a man is supposed to be like. 

You must be looking for another vacation. May I suggest the somalia coast. The trade winds this time of year or very special. Smells like cooked dog, perfect for you and the lovely. Ta ta.

54 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

dmo, you do know that our planet has heated a mere 1 degree in 150 years, preceding a mini ice age? You do know polar bears are at the 30 year average? You do understand that antarctica, holding 80% of the worlds ice has gotten colder and the ice thicker then the 30 year average? I'm sure you are aware that sea levels have risen only inches over the last 50 years, while overall we've seen sea levels rising for the past 6000 years? I'm sure you are familiar with the bearing straights? Well not to long ago they were used as a land bridge which animals and humans walked across. We also have found fishing villages some 100 miles inland, which had been coastal not long before? You are most aware that the hockey stick graph was made up out of whole cloth? I'd be very happy to debate all al gores mumbo jumbo but in closing, you are aware that the data sets supporting a rapidly warming earth, were found to be made up? Gazoo has already spoken to most of these facts but you sir, seem stuck in the song Party like its 1991.

No mater how many times we show these guys they have been repeatedly lied to they are incapable of processing the information honestly, and instead attack the messengers.

Just now, gazoo said:

No mater how many times we show these guys they have been repeatedly lied to they are incapable of processing the information honesty. 

Gazoo, they must Want the lie to work as to take power. They are so aggrieved by life itself that they wish to tank all our happiness and pleasures as for us all to be on the same low plane. Their unhappiness in their own lives leads to a selfish, take everyone down with the ship, mentality. No one can be this dumb. The old adage, follow the money seems not to work here.

3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Pollution is bad, stop it. Oil companies and companies trying to skirt EPA laws have much more incentive to snuff the idea of man made global warming than scientists do trying to push the idea. 

It's as simple as that. 

CO2 that all plant life feeds on is pollution? 

I suppose oxygen is a pollutant to you as well. I am about to eat a banana. Is that also pollution ?