$2 hot dogs? Free refills?

$2 hot dogs? Free refills? New Falcons stadium gets us

• _Hanzus_2-65x90.jpg
  •  
  • By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: May 16, 2016 at 12:17 p.m.
  • Updated: May 16, 2016 at 01:01 p.m.

When your favorite team is prepping to move into a shiny new facility called Mercedes-Benz Stadium, your first inclination might be to assume any visit will double as an atomic blast to your bank account.

But that won't be the case for Falcons fans apparently. In a post on MercedesBenzStadium.com titled "NEW STADIUM REVOLUTIONIZING GUEST EXPERIENCE", we learn that the new facility -- slated to open in 2017 -- will sell non-alcoholic drinks, hot dogs, pretzels and popcorn for just $2. Peanuts, pizza, nachos and waffle fries will go for $3. And a 12 oz. domestic beer -- the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems -- will set you back a wholly manageable $5.

The Falcons announced inexpensive concession prices at their new stadium.
The Falcons announced inexpensive concession prices at their new stadium.

Crank up the Jesus Jones because 1991 just walked back into our lives.

"We focused from the beginning on building a unique fan experience at Mercedes-Benz Stadium with a goal of helping those who visit to leave the stadium with great memories shared with family and friends, not aggravation and frustration about their experience," Falcons owner Arthur Blank said.

"We have listened to the concerns of the fans on the food and beverage experience and have responded to those concerns in a way that honors our commitment to providing the best possible fan experience at our events."

Blank's camp calls it "street pricing". Additionally, there will be a 65 percent increase in points-of-sale -- a.k.a. many more concessions stands -- than are currently available at the Georgia Dome, the Falcons' home since 1992. All prices will be in whole dollars, another effort to increase efficiency.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be home to both the Falcons and Atlanta United FC, a Major League Soccer expansion team. The building looks pretty cool.

...........You have took the worry out of a lot of things for us fans, attending future games. I would like to thank you from our families to yours.

Mr. Blank is the best owner in the NFL!  Thank you very much! This is awesome! How could you not like what Mr. Blank is doing for us?

Now about that parking price...............

30 minutes ago, Old Pappy falcon said:

...........You have took the worry out of a lot of things for us fans, attending future games. I would like to thank you from our families to yours.

Mr. Blank is the best owner in the NFL!  Thank you very much! This is awesome! How could you not like what Mr. Blank is doing for us?

Now about that parking price...............

Don't worry.  You'll more than make up for the difference on the price of a single ticket.

25 minutes ago, ATLFalcfan said:

This just made national news on NBC Nightly News.  Must be a big deal

Arthur is desperate to sell some PSLs and needs all the positive news he can get right now.  SuperBowl, Final 4, $2 hot dogs, anything he can get to make PSLs sound like a good deal - when we all know they are not.

3 hours ago, Old Pappy falcon said:

Single ticket right now for me.............not a psl yet! I gotta see back to black and hardcore football first, before I spend my life savings.

I saw Black and Hardcore and had to RE READ that!! Was thinking of something ENTIRELY different that what you said! lol

7 hours ago, birdz4i said:

rather pay $5 a hotdog and drink than $500 a ticket for a cheap seat.

You know something falcon brother, I don't know where you been looking for ticket's, but you gotta do a little more homework than that.

I have spent (lol) less than half of what you are saying, and had awesome seats. 500..........smh

2 hours ago, Old Pappy falcon said:

You know something falcon brother, I don't know where you been looking for ticket's, but you gotta do a little more homework than that.

I have spent (lol) less than half of what you are saying, and had awesome seats. 500..........smh

well thats prob how much seats in the new place gonna cost.

12 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Not ususally. You usually have to buy the more expensive promo cup and then you get one refill.

Unlimited refills with the more expensive cup.  I think it is $7 or $8.  At least for the last three seasons.