Mettenberger cut by Tennessee

shock

Our QB depth behind Matt is awful, maybe we bring in Mett to hold the clipboard for a few years? Learning behind Matt could do wonders for him and we wouldn't need him to see the field for another 5 years, he's 24 right now so he could be a good young project. Better than anyone else we have there now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So why did they cut Mett? He fell to the sixth rd and had some non performance related issues with Tenn. I just wonder if his off field stuff or personality or something is making him less appealing. Also, could he be fluid enough on the move to run Shanny's system? 

Mettenberger has NFL game experience and isn't even close to reaching his potential. He was rushed into starting duties as a rookie where he was obviously a guy who needed to sit and learn a whole season or two. Let him sit behind Matt for the remainder of Matt's career. 

If Boykin hasn't gotten into trouble off the field Atlanta would be stupid not to at least bring him in for a visit. He'll take over the nickel role instantly at least until Jalen gets back and they see where he's at. We saw how cheap his initial contract was this offseason, if he's clean he's easily worth that price. No questions asked.

1 hour ago, maxatlanta said:

So why did they cut Mett? He fell to the sixth rd and had some non performance related issues with Tenn. I just wonder if his off field stuff or personality or something is making him less appealing. Also, could he be fluid enough on the move to run Shanny's system? 

Lock up your daughters.   Mark Richt (former UGA HC) released Metter berger from the football team because he was sexually harassing some girl in a South Georgia bar.  Oh and BTW, Mettenberger's mom was Richt's personal secretary so he was not released on a whim.

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Lock up your daughters.   Mark Richt (former UGA HC) released Metter berger from the football team because he was sexually harassing some girl in a South Georgia bar.  Oh and BTW, Mettenberger's mom was Richt's personal secretary so he was not released on a whim.

He has issues. Good QB but was making noise about Mariota starting.

I would be running to the phone on Mettenberger personally.  A light year better than Schaub. 

Also has to be appealing to him too.  He's never had close to the weapons we have here.  Plus, if Ryan doesn't shape up after all the improvements we have made on offense, lets face it, he's cuttable next year.  That would give Mettenberrger an opportunity to start on a team with some of the best skill position players in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, the guy has some flags.  I would take a shot on a guy with that type of arm talent though.  Wouldn't bat an eye.  More importantly, will put some pressure on Ryan to be better.  Quinn is all about competition and would like to see Ryan actually pushed for once...

Edited by gHost83

32 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

I would be running to the phone on Mettenberger personally.  A light year better than Schaub. 

Also has to be appealing to him too.  He's never had close to the weapons we have here.  Plus, if Ryan doesn't shape up after all the improvements we have made on offense, lets face it, he's cuttable next year.  That would give Mettenberrger an opportunity to start on a team with some of the best skill position players in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, the guy has some flags.  I would take a shot on a guy with that type of arm talent though.  Wouldn't bat an eye.  More importantly, will put some pressure on Ryan to be better.  Quinn is all about competition and would like to see Ryan actually pushed for once...

I agree, but He is a handful. I had hopes we'd draft him. Thing is He won't be happy here either. Normally a guy with this talent gets traded.