Is Our 2016 Schedule Really Tougher Than Our 2015 Schedule?

You best believe it. I'd say at least two or three games tougher. Here are some key schedule comparisons:

COMBINED RECORD

2015 - 123-133 (.480)

2016 - 142-114 (.555)

GAMES AGAINST PLAYOFF TEAMS

2015 - 5

2016 - 7

GAMES AGAINST TOP 10 OFFENSES

2015 - 5

2016 - 7

GAMES AGAINST TOP 10 DEFENSES

2015 - 5

2016 - 8

GAMES AGAINST TOP QBs

2015 - 7 - Brees, Brees, Cam, Cam, Eli, Cousins, Bortles

2016 - 10 - Brees, Brees, Cam, Cam, Rogers, Wilson, Rivers, Palmer, Smith, Carr

Now before the shiny happy blind loyalists start in with the "but teams change year over year" bush it, I agree. Teams get better and teams get worse. I believe more of the teams we face will get better than worse in 2016. DEN and PHI may slide a little, but OAK, NO, SD, TB, LA and SF should get better. Shanny's 21st ranked scoring offense will face much tougher defenses. Quinn's young defense will be asked to stop a much more formidable slate of QBs. 

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Who knows what any of these teams will look like when we play them? Injuries in the NFL are quite common. Preseason schedule discussion is pointless for this very reason.

Last year we were supposed to play mariotta, luck and romo too. Loom what happened. Pointless.

First blind homer in.

A lot of mofos are gonna need to get hurt to make that schedule easier.

What if Ryan or Julio gets hurt? Mack? Matthews? Beasley? Tru?

52 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You best believe it. I'd say at least two or three games tougher. Here are some key schedule comparisons:

COMBINED RECORD

2015 - 123-133 (.480)

2016 - 142-114 (.555)

2015 - 5

2016 - 7

2015 - 5

2016 - 7

2015 - 5

2016 - 8

GAMES AGAINST TOP QBs

Now before the shiny happy blind loyalists start in with the "but teams change year over year" bush it, I agree. Teams get better and teams get worse. I believe more of the teams we face will get better than worse in 2016. DEN and PHI may slide a little, but OAK, NO, SD, TB, LA and SF should get better. Shanny's 21st ranked scoring offense will face much tougher defenses. Quinn's young defense will be asked to stop a much more formidable slate of QBs. 

Just curious but are the 2015 numbers from the end of the season or going into the season like the 2016 numbers are?

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

COMBINED RECORD

2015 - 123-133 (.480)

2016 - 142-114 (.555)

2015 - 5

2016 - 7

2015 - 5

2016 - 7

2015 - 5

2016 - 8

GAMES AGAINST TOP QBs

I like the write up a lot.  I also totally agree with it.  The quarterbacks are what I'm worried about the most.  As far as being able to predict and count on strength of schedule year to year that's one of the most reliable variables to take into account, and there's no doubt the schedule will have more effective quality quarterbacks this year than last.  Shoot we could have a bottom rated strength of schedule and we'd still probably face more quality qbs than we did last year. This year's schedule will be no picnic.  

The thing is,  if this team's going to get off the ground at any point in the near future they're going to have to test themselves against quality opponents anyway. Whether we sink or swim let's begin this process.  Why wait?  I'm done with all of the shiny looking regular season records only to flop in the playoffs.  I want a contender and you need rest. For better or worse,  let's get the ball rolling and see what we have.  

Also, as far as the scoring offensive output last year. Whether you or myself like Shanahan or not,  the offensive personnel left a TON of points on the field last year.  More than I can count. Simple execution will lead to a far more efficient scoring offense.  Don't forget our red zone scoring and TD percentages were tops in the league through the first 5 or so games before the landslide of turnovers started. 

1 hour ago, AndySG said:

Carolina massively distort the figures. It's still a tough schedule, though. 

This is why looking at personnel and more specifically opposing qbs is a much better indicator for what we're in for.  I agree with your comment regardless.  Either way we slice it,  it's going to be a tough row to hoe.

41 minutes ago, Phrootdawg said:

Schedule is pretty brutal. We probably wont be facing 3rd string QBs too much either. Show us what you got Quinn

Pretty nasty. Lest not forget we went 1-5 in the NFCS with the lone win coming in a seven point squeaker decided at the one minute mark. All those teams should get better.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Pretty nasty. Lest not forget we went 1-5 in the NFCS with the lone win coming in a seven point squeaker decided at the one minute mark. All those teams should get better.

Yeah i said 6-10 once the schedule came out. That new orleans carolina broncos seattle gb stretch will decide our season. Dont think our front 7 is ready and our new oline has to gel and be tested

15 minutes ago, Phrootdawg said:

Yeah i said 6-10 once the schedule came out. That new orleans carolina broncos seattle gb stretch will decide our season. Dont think our front 7 is ready and our new oline has to gel and be tested

Quinn has his work cut out for him. Gotta win against a beast schedule and sell PSLs. With a Dimi squad. I wish him luck. Coach them mofos up like Reeves did in 1998. Except win when we get there. I need rest, you need rest, Blank has needed rest for 15 years. Rise mofos.

2 hours ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

Also, as far as the scoring offensive output last year. Whether you or myself like Shanahan or not,  the offensive personnel left a TON of points on the field last year.  More than I can count. Simple execution will lead to a far more efficient scoring offense.  Don't forget our red zone scoring and TD percentages were tops in the league through the first 5 or so games before the landslide of turnovers started. 

Yeah, no doubt we left points on the field. Ryan threw some ducks and the RBs put it on the ground. I'm watching the season for the third time. Free just put the ball on the rug against the Aints in our last game. We lost. I paid for that. And yall boys want me to take out a PSL mortgage? Hail Naw. I'm going single game tickets or buying a TV.

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Quinn has his work cut out for him. Gotta win against a beast schedule and sell PSLs. With a Dimi squad. I wish him luck. Coach them mofos up like Reeves did in 1998. Except win when we get there. I need rest, you need rest, Blank has needed rest for 15 years. Rise mofos.

I like that way better than Rise Up. And yeah, a Lombardi would check off a very satisfying box on my Bucket List.

6 hours ago, WORilla said:

I love how believing in my team is a bad thing on this board. 

You clowns who believe the Falcons have any chance to be good are MoFoBroTDSackSwinginBlindHomerKoolAidSwigginSon.

Trust Me

FalconCynicSince70