Falcons pursued Sharrod Neasman

Neasman had a similar number of suitors, electing to sign with Atlanta over the Los Angeles Rams because Falcons' head coach Dan Quinn was one of  the voices on the other end of the phone.

“Once (the draft) was over, my agent was getting calls like crazy. I was getting calls like crazy,” Neasman said.

Neasman said the Falcons pursued him because of his versatility and intend to give him an opportunity at both safety positions as well as nickel.

One person who's watched Neasman's growth believes the safety has a good chance of sticking with the Falcons.

“He's going to be very hard for someone not to keep on their team,” FAU coach Charlie Partridge said. “They are going to coach him once and he's going to have it. He's going to be a special teams contributor for sure.”

http://www.fauowlaccess.com/articles/123/nfl-free-agency-reminds-fau-players-of-college-recruiting.aspx

I knew awhile before the draft that the Falcons were very much zeroed in on Neasman. 

He demonstrates fanatastic football IQ, instincts,  grit, and an uncanny sixth sense of where to get to, and the best angle to get there. The Florida game showed that he can play at this level so now it is just him putting everything together and then producing like he shows he is capable of. Good football player!

It doesn't surprise me about safeties not being drafted when Jeremy Cash didn't get drafted.  I remember watching his tape compared to Cravens and I couldn't understand the 2nd round grade he got but I surely didn't expect him to go undrafted..

6 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

I knew awhile before the draft that the Falcons were very much zeroed in on Neasman. 

He demonstrates fanatastic football IQ, instincts,  grit, and an uncanny sixth sense of where to get to, and the best angle to get there. The Florida game showed that he can play at this level so now it is just him putting everything together and then producing like he shows he is capable of. Good football player!

I can't find out very much about one of my 7th-round possible picks, Sharrod Neasman. Evidently he has already had two private workouts/visits with the Falcons: one on April 4 and again on April 19:

#FAU DB Sharrod Neasman has worked out for the #Lions and #Falcons, according to a league source.

12:36 PM - 4 Apr 2016

Florida Atlantic safety Sharrod Neasman visits the Atlanta Falcons today; Lions and Dolphins among his several visits and workouts

5:59 AM - 19 Apr 2016

Not much info out there on Neasman, ie no scouting reports. About the closest thing to some information that  I could find on him is the following article:

"Versatile Florida Atlantic safety Sharrod Neasman attending Dolphins’ local workout

Posted April 8, 2016 · Add Comment

Florida Atlantic safety Sharrod Neasman has caught the attention of NFL decision-makers.

Among the executives who attended his Pro Day: Eliot Wolf (Green Bay Packers), Brian Gaine (Houston Texans) and Scott Campbell (Washington Redskins).

Neasman will attend the Miami Dolphins’ local prospect day.

Neasman will attend the Miami Dolphins’ local prospect day.

Neasman, at 5-11 1/4, 206 pounds, ran the 40-yard dash in 4.55 seconds. He had a 37 1/2 inch vertical leap and a 10-8 broad jump, very explosive numbers.

He also had a 4.02 short shuttle, a 6.78 three-cone drill and bench pressed 225 pounds 25 times.

He had a top-three three-cone drill and 20-yard shuttle, compared to NFL scouting combine results.

Neasman has the versatility to line up at nickel, corner or safety.

Neasman finished second on the team with 74 tackles and intercepted three passes.

He played in the Tropic Bowl all-star game.

Follow me on Twitter; @AaronWilson_NFL

Aaron Wilson covers the Texans for The Houston Chronicle."