Jump to content

Hester


Recommended Posts

Devin Hester - WR - Falcons

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said Devin Hester (toe surgery) could be fully recovered for training camp.

"He’s able to do certain things, but he can’t do it all," Quinn said. "I don’t know that I have a timeline, but we’re hopeful it’s prior to camp." Hester still hasn't been cleared to run after January surgery. He's going to miss all of OTAs and remains questionable for camp.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Old Pappy falcon said:

I believe we're getting "too soft" to the mindset of injury...................................Cut him!

Yeah... We are really "Soft Shoeing" this one... We should have moved on instead of "hoping" he is going to be the player he Use to be. Which even fully healed will probably be a stretch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yeah... We are really "Soft Shoeing" this one... We should have moved on instead of "hoping" he is going to be the player he Use to be. Which even fully healed will probably be a stretch.

lol, I think we are taking a wrong turn on Sam Baker rd. which leads to a dead end..............$hit! we gotta turn da fuq around!

This GPS (TD) acts up sometimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's see we play the Broncos, Chiefs, Panthers 2x, Cardinals, Seahawks, & Rams this year. All teams with good defenses. Good field position would come in handy, especially if we struggle moving the ball. I'm on the keep him if healthy train. Money doesn't matter cause he's on his last year of his contract anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Truth B Told (TRU) said:

Let's see we play the Broncos, Chiefs, Panthers 2x, Cardinals, Seahawks, & Rams this year. All teams with good defenses. Good field position would come in handy, especially if we struggle moving the ball. I'm on the keep him if healthy train. Money doesn't matter cause he's on his last year of his contract anyways.

But the healthy train has wrecked soo many....................

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Truth B Told (TRU) said:

Let's see we play the Broncos, Chiefs, Panthers 2x, Cardinals, Seahawks, & Rams this year. All teams with good defenses. Good field position would come in handy, especially if we struggle moving the ball. I'm on the keep him if healthy train. Money doesn't matter cause he's on his last year of his contract anyways.

So basically you have no faith in the offense to move the ball against good defenses and you think Hester would be able to get good returns against these teams who would also field good special team groups as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Truth B Told (TRU) said:

No I didn't say that and not all teams with good defenses have good ST's.

In a nutshell that's basically what you said. Either way you're making a super early assumption about both. There are more than enough ways to take Hester out of the return game. People tend to overlook that. I bet some wouldn't even believe me when I say he's had plenty of fair catches on punts. Kickoffs can easily be booted out of the end zone. So keeping Hester guarantees absolutely nothing at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

In a nutshell that's basically what you said. Either way you're making a super early assumption about both. There are more than enough ways to take Hester out of the return game. People tend to overlook that. I bet some wouldn't even believe me when I say he's had plenty of fair catches on punts. Kickoffs can easily be booted out of the end zone. So keeping Hester guarantees absolutely nothing at all

No. I know what I said, I'm the one who said it and until he shows otherwise he still has it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Truth B Told (TRU) said:

No. I know what I said, I'm the one who said it and until he shows otherwise he still has it.

I know what you said too. It's there in black and white. You assume Hester will help get good field position against each team that you named and think there is a possibility the Falcons will struggle moving the ball against each team you named. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I know what you said too. It's there in black and white. You assume Hester will help get good field position against each team that you named and think there is a possibility the Falcons will struggle moving the ball against each team you named. 

Look playboy I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you. I know what I said. Regardless of what team we play, ST is a big part of the game. You try to get good field position. When you play teams with good defenses it would only help. I'm sure Cam would have like to have good field position in the SB against Denver. 

Do you know what If means?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Truth B Told (TRU) said:

Look playboy I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you. I know what I said. Regardless of what team we play, ST is a big part of the game. You try to get good field position. When you play teams with good defenses it would only help. I'm sure Cam would have like to have good field position in the SB against Denver. 

Do you know what If means?

 

Spare me your e-gangsta bs.  I don't have a care in the world about cam and the Panthers. Do you understand that hester can and has been taken out of the return game? Do you understand that smart coaches tell their punters to hang the ball in the air to allow their gunners time to force a fair catch? Do you understand that on kickoffs kickers can easily boot it out of the end zone? Good field position is never guaranteed like you seem to think it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Spare me your e-gangsta bs.  I don't have a care in the world about cam and the Panthers. Do you understand that hester can and has been taken out of the return game? Do you understand that smart coaches tell their punters to hang the ball in the air to allow their gunners time to force a fair catch? Do you understand that on kickoffs kickers can easily boot it out of the end zone? Good field position is never guaranteed like you seem to think it is. 

Never said that it's guaranteed, but again I'm going back and forth with someone who doesn't know what if means. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Truth B Told (TRU) said:

Never said that it's guaranteed, but again I'm going back and forth with someone who doesn't know what if means. 

Am i having trouble comprehending or you? You clearly think Hester will be the key against those teams because you think there is a chance(that's where your if comes into play)  the offense struggles against those teams and I'm telling you having Hester doesn't mean anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keep Hester if healthy. Some people forget how bad our return game was before Hester. He made a huge difference his first year. Not only that his speed helped us on offense as well, he had recieving, rushing, and return tds. I dont believe he is done, even if he lost a step he will be faster than most, and we dont even know if he lost a step.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...