Reasons why we'll be Top 4 in 2016

2 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, Your right,, But I do think we will have a great improvement in our D# , I have a lot of faith that it will be one of the best D# in the league by the 5th game of the season.  

I hope so man. My expectations really aren't much of anything. I won't be surprised if they suck or if they make the playoffs. I just hope they'll be a good team

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I hope so man. My expectations really aren't much of anything. I won't be surprised if they suck or if they make the playoffs. I just hope they'll be a good team

I'm not a betting man, never bought a lotto ticket, But I have been so temped this year to bet on the Falcons because of where they are projected to be a 7-9 team,, That is pure stupidity.. right there.. We will win at he very least 10 games but I think it will be 11 or 12 which will put us in the NFC Championship game.. And I believe by that time our Rooks will be much improved and Ryan also. So who knows??? Gonna be more excited to watch this team than in the last many years.. Don't think I've ever been more excited for this team. If Ryan gets this O# down, ??? Gonna be real fun... this year.

On 8/20/2016 at 7:29 AM, Draftnut57 said:

Well, at least a few people see the truth... Just got done reading another post on the board here say this team will not do anything because of our last preseason game... :lol: , They are judging this team over a preseason game we won. To beat it all, he had like 10 likes from fans here who believe him and agreed. :lol:  Let me finish with this,, I appreciate the young fans here. But you can't judge any team from a preseason game.. especially our team.. Quinn knows he is loaded this year.. He's hoping it stays quit as long as possible and until he can as many wins as he can before people find out,, we will be one of the top 4 best teams in the league. Because as soon as other teams find out. They will realize they have to give everything in their power to beat this team. But not many will this year. This is by far the most talented Falcon team in the Franchise History, if you don't agree. You don't know diddly about Falcon Football. 

On paper they are talented I agree,but they need to come together as a team to get in that top echelon. Not saying they can't do it,just haven't seen them do it yet. Counting on so many young players. The DL and LB's are key.

9 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'm not a betting man, never bought a lotto ticket, But I have been so temped this year to bet on the Falcons because of where they are projected to be a 7-9 team,, That is pure stupidity.. right there.. We will win at he very least 10 games but I think it will be 11 or 12 which will put us in the NFC Championship game.. And I believe by that time our Rooks will be much improved and Ryan also. So who knows??? Gonna be more excited to watch this team than in the last many years.. Don't think I've ever been more excited for this team. If Ryan gets this O# down, ??? Gonna be real fun... this year.

That's the key, the offense.   Defense under Quinn is not worrying me.

3 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

On paper they are talented I agree,but they need to come together as a team to get in that top echelon. Not saying they can't do it,just haven't seen them do it yet. Counting on so many young players. The DL and LB's are key.

My only concern is If Shanny and Ryan can get on the same page....... Shanny's a hard head... His way of the highway.. He should KISS,,, Keep It Simple Stupid .... as far as the passing game goes,, Then let our Running game and D# do the rest... I'm right on this,, Shanny is the key to our season.. How He haddles his job is the Big Key to the City.

4 hours ago, Silvoxx said:

You're gonna be really disappointed come December. I hope you're ready for it.

I'm ready to enjoy watching this team win a lot of games this year.. I'm a believer in what is happening. Passing game is the only weakness , but hoping Ryan can turn the switch on in the first few games. Then we'll be cooking with gas.

13 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

My only concern is If Shanny and Ryan can get on the same page....... Shanny's a hard head... His way of the highway.. He should KISS,,, Keep It Simple Stupid .... as far as the passing game goes,, Then let our Running game and D# do the rest... I'm right on this,, Shanny is the key to our season.. How He haddles his job is the Big Key to the City.

Yep the Ryan Shanny thing bothers me too,but Ryan's a vet they did move the ball last year,as been stated those red zone turnovers will kill you. Offense has some veterans that have performed well in multiple regular season games. Defense is full of question marks, lots of potential no doubt but till the other guys are consistent, Trufant is about all you can trust right now and maybe Clayborn. The rest whether they are young or old or in a new role need to be more consistent,schedule is full of **** good QB's and offenses.

I'll be shocked if Ryan don't step up now that he has a year and two off seasons with the new O#. I'm a believer in Ryan, Got to get ready for my only Grandsons Birthday,, Gonna get him a Golf driver. He's very athletic like his Dad, my youngest son Brandon. he just turned 6 , I cant wait till he starts playing baseball maybe next year...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I had to go back 24 pages to finially get to bump this thread,, I said I'd bump it only when we win.. I tell ya,, I was really concerned there at the end of the game. Really glade we pulled this one out.. It would have been tough trying to catch up with the other teams in our division.. if we had let this one slip away.. I hated that field,, That should not be allowed in the NFL. To hard on the players. 

17 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

People keep complaining about the field and I keep asking how to do expect them to fix this situation?

Well, they said that was the only field that had both Football and Baseball and couldn't convert it from one to the other.. So there is a way because everybody else does it right!  Players can get hurt on that dirt, To hard if you ask me... Glad we are out of there.. 

44 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, they said that was the only field that had both Football and Baseball and couldn't convert it from one to the other.. So there is a way because everybody else does it right!  Players can get hurt on that dirt, To hard if you ask me... Glad we are out of there.. 

That's the only stadium left in which a professional baseball and football share a stadium which is why they can't do anything about the dirt early in the season when baseball season is still in progress. If you think back to 2008 when the Falcons played the Raiders in late October (may have even been November) they had converted the field to all grass. But it's too much work to do right now. So you still didn't answer the question of what can be done about it right now while baseball season is still in progress?

On 5/14/2016 at 11:58 AM, Draftnut57 said:

I truly believe after just 2 games this coming season, you and many others  will understand what TD, Quinn, and Blank have done this off season, and what they are still doing..  To make this team , the best team in the Country. I think we may have that team RIGHT NOW.. Big statement I know, but I didn't say it with no backup of what they have done this off season.. It still blows my mind when I think of it. 

We will be a top 4 team this year. But if you would let me add just one BIG IF,, IF Ryan can stay healthy we will be in the top 4 teams of 2016. My Bold Prediction. And I have never said that before a Season even began. People will say why did you say that..

1.We have never had a year where we came even close to all the FAs we picked up before the draft this year. This move is what will put us at the top, much more than the solid draft we had. 

2. WE had a great Draft and picked up the players that we needed and didn't get in FAcy. 

3. Our D# scheme will be very much improved since Quinn has now had this off season to pick up the players we needed for His D#. 

4.The only thing that can stop us now from being one of the top 4 teams in the NFL is if Shanny doesn't tweak his O# and take out those plays that take to long to develop..  As persice as they have been about every other need that we needed. I'm sure TD, Quinn, have got with Shanny about taking out all those O# passing plays that take an eternity to develop.  I think they will use the Super bowl film to show Shanny how that Manning didn't take more than 4 seconds to get rid of the ball. That was the biggest key for Denver to win that game.. I never dreamed I'd see Manning keep all his passes short. but it was the key to keeping the ball and controlling the clock.. And getting another Ring to go out with.. , And this is the only way we will  ever win a SB here in Atlanta.  Draftnut57 from Dalton Ga.

5. And I believe we will win a SB either this year or the next. Blank is leaving no stone unturned , Never saw it on this fashion,, = Old preachers term .... ;)

Can always count on this board to overreact after a win or a loss.

Love your optimism, but this team still lacks any semblance of the defense needed to get to your projected levels.  Still have ZERO pass rush, and the great reaction to the tipped ball notwithstanding, the offense still seems very suspect in the red zone.

Still LOVE THE WIN, and the heart the team showed on the road.  I see progress being made, but sloppy penalties that turn momentum around (wow 12 on the field for routine ST play?), no pass rush and Matt's 2nd interception in the red zone in two weeks looks a lot like last years team is still here.

Just now, FalconFanForLife said:

Can always count on this board to overreact after a win or a loss.

Love your optimism, but this team still lacks any semblance of the defense needed to get to your projected levels.  Still have ZERO pass rush, and the great reaction to the tipped ball notwithstanding, the offense still seems very suspect in the red zone.

Still LOVE THE WIN, and the heart the team showed on the road.  I see progress being made, but sloppy penalties that turn momentum around (wow 12 on the field for routine ST play?), no pass rush and Matt's 2nd interception in the red zone in two weeks looks a lot like last years team is still here.

Can always count on a dingus on these boards to not look at the date something was posted and react in a hilarious way