Jump to content

Reasons why we'll be Top 4 in 2016


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Man set a record for consecutive games with a pick 6 in 13, then in the next 2 years, threw a 100 passes with 3 pick6s in that 100 passes. That really doesn't inspire confidence in me. Doing well in the preseason doesn't balance that out.

 

 

Exactly. Matt Schaub has thrown at least 1 interception in 7 straight games that he's played in. The last time Schaub played a game without throwing an interception was November 17, 2013 against the Raiders. His stat line for that game still wasn't good.

12/25 (48.0%), 155 YDS (6.2), 67.9 QB Rating

I don't want to see Schaub play. I have no confidence in him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On May 14, 2016 at 1:56 PM, atlshocker said:

We are going to be average. No superbowl. Not any closers than last year's team. Teams with dominant lines will have there way with us. And that will be everyone in the playoffs. I am a fan but also see the team for what it is...average. Off-season was full of poor decisions.

I don't know about poor decisions. I think it was just nice to see additions that were needed to the squad for a change. Hopes still high.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Exactly. Matt Schaub has thrown at least 1 interception in 7 straight games that he's played in. The last time Schaub played a game without throwing an interception was November 17, 2013 against the Raiders. His stat line for that game still wasn't good.

12/25 (48.0%), 155 YDS (6.2), 67.9 QB Rating

I don't want to see Schaub play. I have no confidence in him.

I'd rather have Ryan as our starter every game of course... But You also have to understand,,, Schaub may not have ever had an O# line as good as we have this year..  Plus with our running game,, that takes a lot of pressure off as well. So far he looks good.. if our RBs keep the ground HOT :airquote: , then that will help open the WRs up for easy passing plays. I'd like for us to run the ball as much as possible in the first half of every game.. That will ware down the opposing D# and by the 4th quarter we can have our way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I told you yesterday I would bump this today because we would win tonight.. Had a hunch we would.. most of the time the home team wins in preseasons .... I will only bump the thread after every win this season.. Good Lord willng.... Looks like they are going to have to cut some really good players, But you know that's a good thing, means we have a great bunch here. Here's to hoping and believing I'll bump this thread at least 10 or 11 times this regular season ... That's why I'm thinking will happen to get us to at least  the Top 4 by the end of the season and that would put us in the NFC Championship Game.. By then we may be ready to win the NFC Championship Game.. I'm hoping so anyway.. If we stay fairly healthy , I think we have a great shot. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ironkobe said:

i dont see this team wining nomore then 6 games

Well, if you'll remember we won 8 last year, and this team is at least 30% better,,So 8 plus 3 is 11 wins, That would be my prediction if I had to give one  . :airquote:,   No way we just win 6 unless we have a lot of major injuries to our most important players. We also have a lot of great 2nd string players..  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

The best team the Falcons had talent wise was the '80 Falcons. The only time the Falcons were THE best team in the NFL. Bennett should have kept his foot on the gas.

Well, i was a big fan then,, And I just don't see it.. Not as the best Falcon team talent wise... I think this team we have right now has more talent than any other one.  Dan Reeves had like a Good solid team and a great RB , But how he made the difference is that He was such a wise Coach that did everythning Right in his philosophy. But this team we have now if far and away more talented and has way more depth that the team Dan took to the Superbowl.  Just goes to show you don't have to have the most talent.. A team can win that has the best Game plan and strategy...  Football is kind of like Chess, Usually the smartest Coach wins... Good thing is , I believe we have a good one in Quinn,,  It's Shanny I'm concerned with, If he gets his side taken care of , We will win not less than 11 in regular season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

As I write this, we are leading the preseason NFL at 366.0 yards/game and are 6th in defense at 263.5 yards/game.

The rest of the league must be really bad or are finding even worse 3rd string players to play their preseason games.

 

Wow,, I didn't know that .. Thanks for sharing, That is really great to know.. Doesn't surprice me as much as to some people ,, That's two big reasons why I made this thread.. WE are loaded. If we get the passing game down about 85% as good as it was before Shanny got here, We will win a lot of games and be in that Top 4 come end of season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

As I write this, we are leading the preseason NFL at 366.0 yards/game and are 6th in defense at 263.5 yards/game.

The rest of the league must be really bad or are finding even worse 3rd string players to play their preseason games.

 

Falcons finally had 2nd and 3rd string QB that were decent, makes the rest of the team look better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2016 at 7:29 AM, Draftnut57 said:

Well, at least a few people see the truth... Just got done reading another post on the board here say this team will not do anything because of our last preseason game... :lol: , They are judging this team over a preseason game we won. To beat it all, he had like 10 likes from fans here who believe him and agreed. :lol:  Let me finish with this,, I appreciate the young fans here. But you can't judge any team from a preseason game.. especially our team.. Quinn knows he is loaded this year.. He's hoping it stays quit as long as possible and until he can as many wins as he can before people find out,, we will be one of the top 4 best teams in the league. Because as soon as other teams find out. They will realize they have to give everything in their power to beat this team. But not many will this year. This is by far the most talented Falcon team in the Franchise History, if you don't agree. You don't know diddly about Falcon Football. 

Aren't you doing the exact same thing, by suggesting this is the most talented team in Falcons history before they have played one real game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I told you yesterday I would bump this today because we would win tonight.. Had a hunch we would.. most of the time the home team wins in preseasons .... I will only bump the thread after every win this season.. Good Lord willng.... Looks like they are going to have to cut some really good players, But you know that's a good thing, means we have a great bunch here. Here's to hoping and believing I'll bump this thread at least 10 or 11 times this regular season ... That's why I'm thinking will happen to get us to at least  the Top 4 by the end of the season and that would put us in the NFC Championship Game.. By then we may be ready to win the NFC Championship Game.. I'm hoping so anyway.. If we stay fairly healthy , I think we have a great shot. 

 

You are really drinking the Kool-aid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, insight said:

Aren't you doing the exact same thing, by suggesting this is the most talented team in Falcons history before they have played one real game?

Well, I will not deny that.. Your right! I am... But just because it is the most talented I've seen in the 45 years I've been a Falcon fan... I have a great concern about Shanny's plays.. That could end up being our weakness... and downfall.. WE have the players, I'm just not sure we have the right OC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The_Voice_of_Reason said:

You are really drinking the Kool-aid.

Well, As I just posted, If Shanny gets our passing just 85% as good as it was before he got here, We will be a top 4 for sure. That is the BIG Question ?????  The one thing that we had that was great was our passing game. Now, we have a great D# and Running Game,, But what was our strong point is now our weakness. Kind of like 2 steps forward and 1 step back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, As I just posted, If Shanny gets our passing just 85% as good as it was before he got here, We will be a top 4 for sure. That is the BIG Question ?????  The one thing that we had that was great was our passing game. Now, we have a great D# and Running Game,, But what was our strong point is now our weakness. Kind of like 2 steps forward and 1 step back. 

Let's hang on just a bit before we start calling our defense "great."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

Well, As I just posted, If Shanny gets our passing just 85% as good as it was before he got here, We will be a top 4 for sure. That is the BIG Question ?????  The one thing that we had that was great was our passing game. Now, we have a great D# and Running Game,, But what was our strong point is now our weakness. Kind of like 2 steps forward and 1 step back. 

How about the quarterback?  Pass Rush?  Offensive Line?  Red zone offense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, The_Voice_of_Reason said:

 

 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Let's hang on just a bit before we start calling our defense "great."

Well, Your right,, But I do think we will have a great improvement in our D# , I have a lot of faith that it will be one of the best D# in the league by the 5th game of the season.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The_Voice_of_Reason said:

How about the quarterback?  Pass Rush?  Offensive Line?  Red zone offense?

My only concern is our passing game.. With Shanny running it.. If he can connect with Ryan  ,, then Ryan can connect with our WRs, And if that happens,, I'm no worried at all about our D# and Running game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...