We should have called Hoarders!!!

I'm spending this week of vacation getting "a headstart" on moving. I have joked about my wife being a hoarder but the struggle is real brothers.

I certainly can't blame it all on her but dang y'all. I will be a month or two moving all this junk.

When I get all of the "stuff" out. It hink I'm going to call some movers to give me a quote on the furniture and equipment.

4 minutes ago, toadfishtom said:

Have a yard sale 

I have debated whether or not I'm going to have a yard sale at all. If I have a yard sale I get to watch the item that my wife gave $10.00 for go for $0.25.

If I donate it to the church thrift store they will get a better price for it and I don't have to know about it.

I started out putting a few things in the garage. Next thing I know my wife and step daughter just started piling **** in there. I had to actually started yelling at them to stop and start calling them hoarders! There is not an empty corner\cabinet\closet in my house, every single one contains something that my wife will NEVER use.

"Why don't you throw that away?", "I NEED it!" 9bf36797420d0b9492f8c80278381e41.png

34 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

I started out putting a few things in the garage. Next thing I know my wife and step daughter just started piling **** in there. I had to actually started yelling at them to stop and start calling them hoarders! There is not an empty corner\cabinet\closet in my house, every single one contains something that my wife will NEVER use.

"Why don't you throw that away?", "I NEED it!" 9bf36797420d0b9492f8c80278381e41.png

That sounds like an authentic hoard. That is what I'm dealing with. I'm not totally innocent of the matter but my wife has reached insane levels of hoarding. I think it stems from growing up poor. Her mother was a single parent of three.

1 minute ago, Flip Wilson said:

That sounds like an authentic hoard. That is what I'm dealing with. I'm not totally innocent of the matter but my wife has reached insane levels of hoarding. I think it stems from growing up poor. Her mother was a single parent of three.

BINGO! My wife is from Jamaica man, she can't stand to throw away anything! Especially food, man the **** freezer is filled with left overs, she gets upset when I throw old food out. I know that's because of how she grew up. I'll never forget the 1st time I visited her home down there and she showed me around, very sad seeing the poverty down there.

So in a way I get it. But it's still aggravating as ****. It's gotten to the point where i actively keep an out to make sure she's not stockpiling. She's beginning to understand (because it really pisses me off) she can't keep stashing **** and saying "I'm saving it for Jamaica!". We've been married 13 yrs and she still has **** from day one she's been saving!

Just do what I do.  When the wife is not around or when you have to take a trip to the landfill/recycle center just throw the stuff out then.  Not whole piles so that it is noticeable but a little from here, a little from there.

Trust me they won't notice it missing and if they do it is usually years after it was gone and if you can't win that argument then you deserve what you are getting.

49 minutes ago, NewFalcon said:

13221698_1139338419422565_63395378441651

Funny....When I watch that show the thing that amazes me is that they do not acknowledge the difference between hoarders and lazy nasty folks...I mean some of those folks are not hoarding because they don't want to part with stuff. They're just too lazy to get off their tails and throw it away. I mean no one is too attached to cat poop to throw it away.

Just an update.....I have made four loads to the church store, two loads to the dumpster, and filled half of a 1400 square feet building with boxes stacked 5 ft high and I have not touched the first piece of furniture

nor have I gotten to our current shop. Now is where it gets difficult because I just burned a whole week of vacation. Now I'm going to be working all day and moving all night every night.

Every 6 months i try to go through my kids room and throw away all the "junk" that they accumulate while their at school. I also try to throw away any random **** me and the wife have accumulated.. Unfortunately this has led to my wife replacing the junk with other junk she just had to have... I just need a chair, a tv, my garage and my yard... That keeps me plenty occupied 

On May 12, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Flip Wilson said:

Funny....When I watch that show the thing that amazes me is that they do not acknowledge the difference between hoarders and lazy nasty folks...I mean some of those folks are not hoarding because they don't want to part with stuff. They're just too lazy to get off their tails and throw it away. I mean no one is too attached to cat poop to throw it away.

Democrats.. 

Jk jk not high jacking this thread

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Dayum Flip...

hoarding_picture.JPG

:lol: One thing I can say for my wife is that she does keep our hoard very clean...Our house is never messy but we have an insane amount of useless crap...but behind that crap was some useful stuff that we didn't know was there because there was some useless crap in front of it.