Sometimes after a lot of changes, you have to see what you've got.

BCurt57

I think with everything they've done, there's a point where you pause and say, "Whatta we got here?" I think DQ is right there. I think he knows we have a DB shortage. But he's got to put things together. See how certain guys will play together. Who plays off each other.

i think some fans are skipping over important side stories: what if Spoon IS healthy? First year off a bad Achilles is very difficult. What if it IS healed? Hageman to DE. It's intriguing, interesting but it's also a very large statement about where DQ is with him I think. It's Hags last year and I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see him traded for a 5th. 

The system was too complicated? Weird. How come we won so well when it was BRAND new but struggled after 6 games playing in it? What did happen with Hawley? What was that nonsense when 3 straight passes were thrown to Roddy-a coach foot stamp, breath holding? Why did it take so long to replace Person? Why have they moved a player favorite defensive coach to the offense? Lots of questions and in his second year, DQ needs to see what he's got from several players AND Shanahan.

I have to admit, it's obvious Quinn is a true fan of the game. Only a Fan could come up with some of these ideas. I'm actually excited to see what works out. After all he was the one who recognized Allen for FS. I can't wait to see what Shede does on the end. If you watch Shede in college he had a lot of success rushing from end. 

I didn't know that. But he's got that length and crazy hops. DQ is thinking first and running downs I think. Garret, Shelby, Babs and Hag. Beasley and Claiborn in nickel. Plus whoever is winning it. Lots of options. We aren't going to be weak against the run anymore. If Cam HAS to pass, he's not the same QB.

28 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

I have to admit, it's obvious Quinn is a true fan of the game. Only a Fan could come up with some of these ideas. I'm actually excited to see what works out. After all he was the one who recognized Allen for FS. I can't wait to see what Shede does on the end. If you watch Shede in college he had a lot of success rushing from end. 

He was very effective rushing from the end in college. I thought last year they would use him opposite of Vic in some packages. Quinn is going to put players in position to succeed. I dont remember ever having a coach with a clear plan like Quinn is incorporating. There was a reason he was one of the most sought after coaches the last few years. Im glad he is our coach.

It's true. You take Beasley and put him on the line where where we know as a rook he's going to struggle setting that edge. But DQ sees Claiborne, Beasley, Garret sometime looking really good together. They find Upshaw to let him set the edge and they add Shelby and Neal to the box AND Jones to partner MLB w/ Worrilow. DQ is team building. If these guys become brothers we are going to have a ton of fun.

57 minutes ago, Falcon918 said:

He was very effective rushing from the end in college. I thought last year they would use him opposite of Vic in some packages. Quinn is going to put players in position to succeed. I dont remember ever having a coach with a clear plan like Quinn is incorporating. There was a reason he was one of the most sought after coaches the last few years. Im glad he is our coach.

I expect this year we're going to see a big competition to play end. I mean we'll be playing Shelby/Vic/Goodman/Clay/Shede there and I have a feeling Quinn's going to pit them against each other. 

I wonder what Shede could do at Leo... I know he's not the speed guy you want there but, his power and size coming at the tackle from an outside alignment could be deadly. We already know shede can be blocked but if his guy has a mis-step his arse will be bounced into the backfield.