Good News To Consider Even Though We Suck Right Now

Positive Thinker

Good read, it does make a point...but one thing it doesn't mention that is killing us also is the increase in errors. At least the errors were at a minimum and kept us in most games with those former players. Our offense has always been mediocre for a long time.

My biggest issue is I'm not sure the team will keep the prospects that actually do pan out. I just forsee an ever revolving door of players coming up from the farm system playing good and getting traded for more high school kids as soon as these prospects play well enough to earn a real MLB contract.

So either the prospect bombs and is a waste or they play well enough to earn a real contract and then we trade them for a bunch of 16 year olds rinse and repeat.

We will be a AAA team for other MLB teams like the Expos used to be.

Edited by MAD597

Valid points. And probable necessary in todays sports.  But I guess I'm getting old and the Braves (& Sports in general) have changed. Its not the momentary losses, poor play....I've suffered through many of years with the Braves.  The business of sports took away what I liked best in sports which was getting to know players, watch them develop, suffer with their downs, revel in their successes. Now its a bunch a new strangers year after year so why bother attaching to players. I'm not saying its worse, just different, to the point that  I'm more a casual fan than I was before in all sports really.  I will keep up with the Braves and root for them but I'm not going to spend a lot of my time, money and energy on them like I did in the past.