Newly signed CFA, Brandon Williams

atlbaby

I don't know much about this guy, but it sounds like the Falcons like him enough to sign him after bringing him in for a try-out.

Brandon Williams 6-5, 253 Shows Off Extreme Athleticism at Pro Day per Inspired Athletes

Brandon Williams is an outside linebacker that is a true steal in the draft with 1st round athleticism and size.

Apr 12, 2016, 19:12 ET from Inspired Athletes

NEW YORK, April 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- At just under 6'5" and 253 pounds Brandon Williams is a mammoth of a man. He owns a wingspan of 77 inches and a hand size of 9.5 inches. Packed in with all of this size is one of the most game changing athletes in the 2016 NFL Draft. In the last 7 days alone over 10 teams have inquired about Brandon.

Brandon Williams is what many scouts would consider a freak athlete. He is the size of an NFL linebacker, yet at his pro day Williams ran a 4.69 40 yard dash, a time that ranks better than some receivers at the NFL Combine. Williams then followed that up by jumping a 37 inch vertical, which would have been enough to rank him second among all defensive lineman and fourth among all linebackers at the NFL Combine this year. Not only does Williams have the size and the speed necessary, he also possess the strength which he showed off by repping 225 pounds 24 times on the bench at his Pro Day. 

Brandon Williams is a versatile athletes who has major upside and ability. He is an instant difference maker anywhere you play him on the field. With his size and speed Williams has the ability to play both inside and outside linebacker, as well as defensive end. He is a defensive coordinators dream with his natural skill which he put on display this past season by recording 10 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. Not only is Williams an unstoppable force on defense, he is also a special teams star. This past season Williams used his strength and speed to block three kicks, one of which he returned for a touchdown. 

Brandon Williams is a unique player, one could have an instant impact on a team with his special teams ability. Many people around the league consider him to one of the NFL drafts best kept secrets.

45 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

I was wondering the same thing, and is it official that the Falcons have signed him?

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/blog/article-1/Falcons-Sign-3-Tryout-Players-Waive-4-CFAs/a324e49b-7d29-4ec2-9ebd-6c6fa0d5e685

The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have signed offensive lineman Shabaz Ahmed, wide receiver David Glidden, and defensive end Brandon Williams. They have also waived defensive tackle  Gerald Dixon Jr.icon-article-link.gif , offensive lineman  Alex Fifitaicon-article-link.gif , wide receiver Malachi Jonesicon-article-link.gif , and wide receiver  David Richardsicon-article-link.gif .

6 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

Got some nice highlights, looked good in one of the drills from the rookie mini camp. Hopefully he is coachable and makes PS

Yep. Should be able to take a roster spot from Starr and Goodman

1 hour ago, atlbaby said:

Yep. Should be able to take a roster spot from Starr and Goodman

I wouldn't go crowning him just yet. He played against mostly low level competition, and when he did play against FBS level competition, he was less than impressive.

He'll have to up his game before he can expect to take anyone's roster spot.

4 hours ago, TheRisen999 said:

Ok now hopefully Quinn and Staff can coach him up and get something out of him this year. Would be nice to have that DE everyone said we needed.  Lets see how far he goes.

You took the words right outta my mouth...er, right off my keyboard. Would be huge for us if that turned out to be the case.

Lol that report sounds like a pitch that his agent came up with.  After reading the first few sentences,  I was expecting  like a sub 4.50 40 time or something like that. Regardless the guy is clearly worth a look and for his size has some great athletic ability. I totally believe that that many teams were interested in bringing him in.  I imagine with our linebacker corps lacking so much over the last few years he likes coming  to a team with a legit chance to compete for a spot. 

5 hours ago, hjerry said:

I wouldn't go crowning him just yet. He played against mostly low level competition, and when he did play against FBS level competition, he was less than impressive.

He'll have to up his game before he can expect to take anyone's roster spot.

I didn't crown him. I said he should be able to, not will. I never watched him play so I won't argue that point, but the one thing he has going for him is his special teams play.

Yes, he still has to show up in camp.