A Confession of Liberal Intolerance

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

No I did not need to call you liberal that is a insult to real liberals. In fact I used the term people to try to remind my self that you may still be hanging on to a thread of your humanity. Once again I will agree with you on the cultist leftist part, but you are liberal only in your mind. Do not get me wrong there have been some great liberals but in comparison to a real liberal you are nothing more than a disgrace.

When did you reach this conclusion about HM? I watch things around here from a little different perspective than most of you guys and I don't recall you two having much interaction. Are you sure it's HM you're thinking of?

Do you buy lamps from Walmart by chance? Is that what this is really about? 

2 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

When did you reach this conclusion about HM? I watch things around here from a little different perspective than most of you guys and I don't recall you two having much interaction. Are you sure it's HM you're thinking of?

Do you buy lamps from Wal Mart by chance? Is that what this is really about? 

Just wanted to add some perspective to some of his rhetoric, and remind them what free speech looks like.

Just now, Sobeit said:

Just wanted to add some perspective to some of his rhetoric, and remind them what free speech looks like.

I just don't understand why you chose HM when you have much better targets around here. I'm pretty certain Free Rad runs that cult you're talking about.

Keep on keeping on though. I was just curious why you chose HM.

5 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I just don't understand why you chose HM when you have much better targets around here. I'm pretty certain Free Rad runs that cult you're talking about.

Keep on keeping on though. I was just curious why you chose HM.

It was actually a couple of post of his I have read where he has taken that elitist anti-liberal tone. Then just hinting that it may be ok to discriminate against someone on the basis of ideas or beliefs.

Edited by Sobeit
36 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Do you buy lamps from Walmart by chance? Is that what this is really about? 

Some of my best friends buy lamps at Wal-Mart . . . AND drive Fusions!

What am I, anyway?  Cultist Leftist?  Anti Liberal (Conservative?) Elitist?  All of the above?

You know, I pride myself on my sense of humor, albeit it takes some getting used to . . .

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

Good Lord, who pissed in your cornflakes which can't be older than 6,000 years according to your interpretation of the bible? 

I've had my foot so far in a *** they dated it 96 million years old. :)

Edited by Sobeit
On 6/2/2016 at 11:13 PM, holymoses said:

What am I, anyway?  Cultist Leftist?  Anti Liberal (Conservative?) Elitist?  All of the above?

You know, I pride myself on my sense of humor, albeit it takes some getting used to . . .

2zeB47p.gif

On 6/3/2016 at 0:13 AM, holymoses said:

Say something funny, I want to laugh with you...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2016 at 11:07 PM, ransack said:

You are going to hear nothing but crickets on this one. Liberals don't like being told the truth.

This is the problem . . . It isn't that Liberals think Evangelicals are stupid.  It's that secular A-holes masquarading as Christians  like James Dobson think Evangelicals are stupid.  Something . . . Maybe EVERYTHING about this just stuck in my craw.  This vile, insulting, All MIghty Dollar worshipping Thrice married, cheating, vulgar, never asking God for forgiveness man is endorsed by Dobson as "Born Again" EVEN has he commits the un Christian act of questioning Hillary Clinton's faith. 

James Dobson:  Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ.

Donald Trump, according to a new report, has accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior.

No, you didn't accidentally click on The Onion. That's a factual statement, according to a well-respected evangelical faith leader.

Dr. James Dobson, who was among the more than 900 evangelical faith leaders who met with the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting in New York City, says it happened fairly recently. He also said he knew who led the businessman to Christ.

"I don't know when it was, but it has not been long," Dobson told Godfactor's Michael Anthony in an exclusive interview. "I believe he really made a commitment, but he's a baby Christian. We all need to be praying for him, especially if there's a possibility of him being our next chief executive officer."

"I think that he's open," he added. "He doesn't know our language, he really doesn't, and he refers a lot to religion and not much to faith and belief."

To that, Anthony responded, "I imagine Saul, when he became Paul, didn't know the language, either."

"Yeah, well you've got to cut him some slack. He didn't grow up like we did," Dobson responded. "I think there's hope for him, and I think there's hope for us. I have great concerns about the next election."

Dobson said he was in the "small group" of 40 faith leaders who met with Trump earlier in the day at Trump Tower, and that he had a chance to interact directly with the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting.

"He's a lot nicer guy than you [think]," he said. "I think he is listening. There were a lot of people ministering to him personally."

Dobson also praised the event, during which he said faith leaders were "genuinely seeking the Lord's direction" in the things Trump was saying.

"He's sometimes kind of obscure in the way that he answers questions, and we wanted to ask him directly, with follow-up questions," he said. "We got a chance to do that."

2 minutes ago, holymoses said:

This is the problem . . . It isn't that Liberals think Evangelicals are stupid.  It's that secular A-holes masquarading as Christians  like James Dobson think Evangelicals are stupid.  Something . . . Maybe EVERYTHING about this just stuck in my craw.  This vile, insulting, All MIghty Dollar worshipping Thrice married, cheating, vulgar, never asking God for forgiveness man is endorsed by Dobson as "Born Again" EVEN has he commits the un Christian act of questioning Hillary Clinton's faith. 

Unfortunately, there are con men in every profession 

23 hours ago, holymoses said:

James Dobson:  Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ.

Donald Trump, according to a new report, has accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior.

No, you didn't accidentally click on The Onion. That's a factual statement, according to a well-respected evangelical faith leader.

Dr. James Dobson, who was among the more than 900 evangelical faith leaders who met with the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting in New York City, says it happened fairly recently. He also said he knew who led the businessman to Christ.

"I don't know when it was, but it has not been long," Dobson told Godfactor's Michael Anthony in an exclusive interview. "I believe he really made a commitment, but he's a baby Christian. We all need to be praying for him, especially if there's a possibility of him being our next chief executive officer."

"I think that he's open," he added. "He doesn't know our language, he really doesn't, and he refers a lot to religion and not much to faith and belief."

To that, Anthony responded, "I imagine Saul, when he became Paul, didn't know the language, either."

"Yeah, well you've got to cut him some slack. He didn't grow up like we did," Dobson responded. "I think there's hope for him, and I think there's hope for us. I have great concerns about the next election."

Dobson said he was in the "small group" of 40 faith leaders who met with Trump earlier in the day at Trump Tower, and that he had a chance to interact directly with the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting.

"He's a lot nicer guy than you [think]," he said. "I think he is listening. There were a lot of people ministering to him personally."

Dobson also praised the event, during which he said faith leaders were "genuinely seeking the Lord's direction" in the things Trump was saying.

"He's sometimes kind of obscure in the way that he answers questions, and we wanted to ask him directly, with follow-up questions," he said. "We got a chance to do that."

The marriage of evangelical Christianity and Republican politics is an ugly thing in many ways.  It just got a lot uglier.  Dobson is willing to whore himself out, and flagrantly so.  And while I would love to believe Trump is now a Christian and has truly come to faith, I am highly skeptical and that is putting it mildly.  For example, I doubt we see any reduction in his bragging, accusations, slandering and belittling of his opponents in the coming weeks.

But I'm not disappointed in Trump.  I expect this from him.  Dobson loves having influence with political leaders more than he loves fidelity to Christ.  That is the greatest disappointment in this story by far.

I complain a lot about the "all or nothing" polarization of the "tolerant" (ha!) left, but that nonsense started with the Christian right and its litmus tests.  I still know learned Christian men who think you have to vote Republican because no Christian would ever vote for a Democrat (though, thankfully, no small number of them are voting third party or refusing to vote this election cycle -- even they realize that sometimes there simply is no alternative).  I've been berated for refusing to vote for Romney or McCain, told essentially that a vote for a third party is a vote for Obama and no Christian would cast such a vote.  One reason I love being Orthodox is we really are apolitical.  We have everything from hardcore libertarians to Christian right wingers to card carrying Democrats to real live communists to monarchists to distributists.  And nobody ever says to a fellow Orthodox Christian "no true Christian would vote for _______."  There are no litmus tests.  The Church isn't a political organization.  The Church can (and should) influence politics, but before she can do that, she first has to be respectable enough not to climb into bed with any cad willing to leave a few dollars on the dresser afterwards.

I'm sure I'm not alone in loving how Dobson calls Trump a "baby Christian" that "doesn't know the language yet." As in "we know what he is and we're fine with it because he's more teachable than he looks and will eventually understand what we need him to say and do."