Jump to content

A Confession of Liberal Intolerance


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/9/2016 at 8:12 AM, JDaveG said:

Something else bugs me about this response.  You are suggesting that it's okay to stereotype and mistreat people based on loose associations, but only in this instance.  In other words, what you are doing is saying it is okay to be bigoted, so long as the bigotry is directed at "a certain type of member."  Because of how people like them "typically act."  What's the difference between that and considering all black people lazy or all Mexicans to be abusive toward women or all Muslims to be wild eyed terrorists?

I would say something about Asian drivers but @holymoses would then have to remind me that this is the last proper racism allowed.

In any event, your post demonstrates that it is EXACTLY like racism.  You are essentially telling us that it is okay to disdain evangelicals because of "the typical way they act" (whatever that is).

Better explained than my :lol: above, but I thought that was so glaringly ridiculous a smiley sufficed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2016 at 5:08 PM, WORilla said:

I should have made the point that I'm not saying it is okay. Just that's it's not on par with true racism like this guy is trying to argue. 

I think the stereotype point you're making is accurate. It's not alright to stereotype, but stereotyping is not exactly racism. Stereotypes are judgements of certain actions of a group. Racism, at least in the context im using it, is judgement on a group for traits they can't really control. 

Like holy Moses said, evangelicals are being lumped in with theocrats that believe that they should be able to run the country as their religion sees fit. I'm not saying that's right at all. I should have made a point about the actual topic in the first place but I just scanned through quickly before work. 

I get you. Stereotypes used to be hilarious. Back is my old days, that's all guys I knew would rip on each other about, be they racial, ethnic, sexual, etc. If you were friends, you could say almost anything and it was taken as the joke in which it was meant. Not to say we called each other slurs or any crap like that, but ragging on stereotypes was completely fair game.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember what this world used to be, before they hunted down the comedians and burned Hollywood to the ground. We used to watch Louis CK on the internet before the Ministry of Love determined problematic humor made available in a public setting was destructive to national morale. But it's better now. The way the government deals with dissidents removes the temptation to get away with telling jokes about stereotypes, and with it the desire to engage in that sort of behavior.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2016 at 1:14 PM, JDaveG said:

Did you expect anything more? These people are not good well meaning people they are cult members and dangerous. Holy Moses is the worst of the bunch. It is ok to do this because it is not about you skin color or sexual preference it is ok because we do not like your ideas or what you have to say. It is by far the worst kind of discrimination. They hate those ideas and groups because they know it exposes how wrong they actually are.

Edited by Sobeit
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sobeit said:

Did you expect anything more? These people are not good well meaning people they are cult members and dangerous. Holy Moses is the worst of the bunch. It is ok to do this because it is not about you skin color or sexual preference it is ok because we do not like your ideas or what you have to say. It is by far the worst kind of discrimination. They hate those ideas and groups because they know it exposes how wrong they actually are.

Well, I'm glad you told me this.  I was going to continue being friends with holymoses.  To think, I played golf with that ***hole!  And we go to lunch all the time and stuff.

Man, dodged a bullet there - thanks for the heads up.  I'm going to see what ducketplease is up to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Well, I'm glad you told me this.  I was going to continue being friends with holymoses.  To think, I played golf with that ***hole!  And we go to lunch all the time and stuff.

Man, dodged a bullet there - thanks for the heads up.  I'm going to see what ducketplease is up to.

Keeping hm as a friend is a terrible idea, but that's just the cultist liberal in me speaking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2016 at 8:41 AM, holymoses said:

That being said, there are plenty of rocket science smart Theocrats out there, so make generalizations at your peril. 

 

5 hours ago, Sobeit said:

Did you expect anything more? These people are not good well meaning people they are cult members and dangerous. Holy Moses is the worst of the bunch. It is ok to do this because it is not about you skin color or sexual preference it is ok because we do not like your ideas or what you have to say. It is by far the worst kind of discrimination. They hate those ideas and groups because they know it exposes how wrong they actually are.

Of course others, not so much.

Practice pointer:  If you are going to insult someone on a message board, please use punctuation and coherent phrasing so that others can at least figure out your point.  I have tried to help you:

Did you expect anything more? These people (Liberals) are not good, well-meaning people.  They are cult members and dangerous. HolyMoses is the worst of the bunch. [This is where I really struggle with cognition, but I will try to fix it:]   These cultist, leftist, liberals say "Intolerance is just fine unless the intolerance is based on race or sexual orientation."  But this intolerance of ideas is by far the worst kind of discrimination. They hate those ideas and groups because they know it exposes how wrong they actually are.

Is that what you were attempting to articulate?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sobeit said:

Did you expect anything more? These people are not good well meaning people they are cult members and dangerous. Holy Moses is the worst of the bunch. It is ok to do this because it is not about you skin color or sexual preference it is ok because we do not like your ideas or what you have to say. It is by far the worst kind of discrimination. They hate those ideas and groups because they know it exposes how wrong they actually are.

holymoses is good people.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Sorry holymoses, that wasn't correct grammar.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'd be disappointed if he did.  The Ford Fusion hybrid is a much better and efficient car.  The kind of car someone of moses character/stature deserves.  

I had a Ford Fusion Platinum rental after my Mazda 6 got totaled. The more I drove it, the less I liked it. Didn't much care for the sight lines and hated that the touch screen was old pressure touch instead of capacative 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dago 3.0 said:

I had a Ford Fusion Platinum rental after my Mazda 6 got totaled. The more I drove it, the less I liked it. Didn't much care for the sight lines and hated that the touch screen was old pressure touch instead of capacative 

I rented one once and the fuel range was in the mid 40s mpg plus a lot more power than the prius. Plus, the Fusion is a much better looking car and it is much roomier than the prius..  If we're talking hybrid cars.  I like the new Mazda 6's, they are nice looking cars for a midsize.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dago 3.0 said:

I had a Ford Fusion Platinum rental after my Mazda 6 got totaled. The more I drove it, the less I liked it. Didn't much care for the sight lines and hated that the touch screen was old pressure touch instead of capacative 

I love our fusion. I don't have a hybrid and I intentionally steered away from the touch screen console because I thought it was gaudy looking and it really doesn't offer much more than the regular console. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I rented one once and the fuel range was in the mid 40s mpg plus a lot more power than the prius. Plus, the Fusion is a much better looking car and it is much roomier than the prius..  If we're talking hybrid cars.  I like the new Mazda 6's, they are nice looking cars for a midsize.  

yeah I really liked my Mazda 6....was fun to drive. admittedly I like my Genesis a lot more but that is hardly a fair comparison

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, holymoses said:

 

Of course others, not so much.

Practice pointer:  If you are going to insult someone on a message board, please use punctuation and coherent phrasing so that others can at least figure out your point.  I have tried to help you:

Did you expect anything more? These people (Liberals) are not good, well-meaning people.  They are cult members and dangerous. HolyMoses is the worst of the bunch. [This is where I really struggle with cognition, but I will try to fix it:]   These cultist, leftist, liberals say "Intolerance is just fine unless the intolerance is based on race or sexual orientation."  But this intolerance of ideas is by far the worst kind of discrimination. They hate those ideas and groups because they know it exposes how wrong they actually are.

Is that what you were attempting to articulate?

 

 

No I did not need to call you liberal that is a insult to real liberals. In fact I used the term people to try to remind my self that you may still be hanging on to a thread of your humanity. Once again I will agree with you on the cultist leftist part, but you are liberal only in your mind. Do not get me wrong there have been some great liberals but in comparison to a real liberal you are nothing more than a disgrace.

Edited by Sobeit
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...