Atlanta expected to be named host city for 2019 Super Bowl?

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

This. The new stadium hosting a super bowl is the last thing I've cared about since it became a thing

Don't get me wrong, Its going to be a beautiful building and I am looking forward to seeing it, however.... 

This is football, not a beautiful sport So I could careless about a Giant Video board and being able to Tweet during the game.

24 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Don't get me wrong, Its going to be a beautiful building and I am looking forward to seeing it, however.... 

This is football, not a beautiful sport So I could careless about a Giant Video board and being able to Tweet during the game.

For me it's the simple fact that I won't be attending the game so it definitely means nothing to me at all

If there's one thing that the new stadium brings to the Falcons, I want it to be a more stable fan base. I totally get that the product on the field needs to become stable and improve as well,  but we could be in the middle of an 8th consecutive winning season and fans would still be showing up late and leaving early.  I'm fine with the new stadium. Whatever.  It's the fans that need a transfusion. 

35 minutes ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

If there's one thing that the new stadium brings to the Falcons, I want it to be a more stable fan base. I totally get that the product on the field needs to become stable and improve as well,  but we could be in the middle of an 8th consecutive winning season and fans would still be showing up late and leaving early.  I'm fine with the new stadium. Whatever.  It's the fans that need a transfusion. 

If those fools up in Atlanta knew how to drive there wouldn't be a problem. From what I've seen going to games is the timing people try to get in. 

First finding a decent Parking space can be a ***** if you aren't in a deck. ALOT of people have to walk Damm near a mile to the game. The tailgater crews get there early so it's rarely ever an issue for them

Alot of people don't want to get there early and sit in there seat for 2 hours pre game, that's one thing people don't understand when they make a huge fuss each week. The longest I've sat in my chair was about 45 minutes. That's a long *** time when nothing is going on but warm ups. Not everyone wants to see that and if you choose to walk around you're gonna spend money. 

Another issue is that alot of people want to attend the outdoor activities and everyone wants to pile into the dome at the same time at the last minute. Think about that. You have over 10,000 people trying to get into one spot at the same time. Of course it's gonna take a few minutes for it to fill up. There are more things to consider but those are just a few examples. 

Of course someone who goes every week will probably give a reply about how they do things but the reality is that everyone does NOT operate the same and expecting people to operate the same just isn't worth it because it's never gonna happen. For someone who never attends a game, everything that I mentioned probably won't make much sense but if youve ever had to go through it you would know what I mean. 

19 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If those fools up in Atlanta knew how to drive there wouldn't be a problem. From what I've seen going to games is the timing people try to get in. 

First finding a decent Parking space can be a ***** if you aren't in a deck. ALOT of people have to walk Damm near a mile to the game. The tailgater crews get there early so it's rarely ever an issue for them

Alot of people don't want to get there early and sit in there seat for 2 hours pre game, that's one thing people don't understand when they make a huge fuss each week. The longest I've sat in my chair was about 45 minutes. That's a long *** time when nothing is going on but warm ups. Not everyone wants to see that and if you choose to walk around you're gonna spend money. 

Another issue is that alot of people want to attend the outdoor activities and everyone wants to pile into the dome at the same time at the last minute. Think about that. You have over 10,000 people trying to get into one spot at the same time. Of course it's gonna take a few minutes for it to fill up. There are more things to consider but those are just a few examples. 

Of course someone who goes every week will probably give a reply about how they do things but the reality is that everyone does NOT operate the same and expecting people to operate the same just isn't worth it because it's never gonna happen. For someone who never attends a game, everything that I mentioned probably won't make much sense but if youve ever had to go through it you would know what I mean. 

At the same time, the wait is not bad. I don't mind watching warm up. When we got to games, I am prepared to be there early. It's like Atlfanstuckindenver says, more of a mentality problem. The city has to be committed to the Falcons, Hawks, Braves.

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

At the same time, the wait is not bad. I don't mind watching warm up. When we got to games, I am prepared to be there early. It's like Atlfanstuckindenver says, more of a mentality problem. The city has to be committed to the Falcons, Hawks, Braves.

See the part where I clearly said everyone does not operate the same and expecting others to operate like yourself won't happen. Also see the part where I mentioned timing is the key issue 

48 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don't go a whole lot,  but I try to get to at least one home game per year.  You've got some valid points overall.  I won't argue that it's a logistical nightmare just to plan your commute to and from the dome.  That's something I just REALLY hope is improved with the new stadium.  The traffic and location  with parking just make things harder than they really should be.  

25 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I also agree that there's some truth to the popular notion that our fan base iďn particular is a very fickle and soft fan base. To be fair,  every game I've gone to over the last 7 or 8 years has had plenty of legit diehard fans seated around me giving the dome everything they have energy and noise wise.  I guess for me it's this popular and prevailing nationwide notion that our fans are more soft and fair weather than the majority of other fan bases out there.  Which is at least partially true. I've lived in Denver for about ten years now and prior to these last 5 years or so, our team actually had more to cheer for and support than the Broncos did.  You would never know it though if you were to compare going to a Broncos game during the collapse of the McDaniels  era and compare it to our NFC Championship run season.  You would seriously have had a hard time distinguishing which team was in the middle of a great successful run and which team was running a coach out of town based purely on reading the fans. 

Also,  I'm not one to go on a tangent about how the mainstream media perceives us Atlanta fans,  and needs to give the Falcons their " respect" because I simply don't care.  I do however have a hard time understanding why a city as enormous as Atlanta comes off as a tiny market team when it comes to establishing presence and staking our claim  in mainstream as a large market that deserves at least a little bit of consistent representation. We have the humongous city,  the large population, etc etc....it feels like there's just something missing though.  I fear it always will too.  

13 minutes ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

I don't go a whole lot,  but I try to get to at least one home game per year.  You've got some valid points overall.  I won't argue that it's a logistical nightmare just to plan your commute to and from the dome.  That's something I just REALLY hope is improved with the new stadium.  The traffic and location  with parking just make things harder than they really should be.  

Yep. That's something alot of people won't understand unless they actually go through it themselves. We have to drive an hour away and I can honestly say that just because you say you're gonna leave at a particular time, it doesn't always mean you're gonna do that. Also things can easily come up while driving. 

My daughter, who gets a little sick on the stomach sometimes, she ended up having a little accident while going to a game a few years back. So we had to stop in Newnan to buy some new clothes. There goes at least 15-20 minutes right there. Sometimes you may wanna grab a bite to eat before heading to the dome.  You have to drive around finding a restaurant that isn't packed. Then once you get there the traffic is just disgusting if you arrive in the city after 11 am. 

If you don't wanna pay $30+ for parking you're gonna end up walking a mile along with THOUSANDS of other fans going to the same destination. You drive around trying to find a lot that is actually monitored, that takes a few minutes itself. There are alot of things involved now that I think more about it lol. At the end of the day, it's just like you said, it mostly falls on the fans. If everyone is able to get there at least an hour early, that would work. But that just won't happen unless the Falcons are hosting the first game following a super bowl victory then everything goes back to normal following that 1 game 

When I attend, the family and I get going about 2 hrs. before kickoff. It works all the time...........................unless it's vs the aint's.

This is what we hear, " Da Champs are here, Da champs are here"

My wife has to pull on my shirt when I reply back........"Da Chumps and Cheaters are here, Da chumps and Cheaters are here"

Sorry, I just don't take that BS.