Are you all in on Quinn?

How much Time should we give Dan Quinn?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. How many years to get it right?

• 1-3 years
    • 5+ years
    • Until we are no longer competitive (Steelers Way)
    • Fire him now!

I personally love the innovative ideas that Dan Quinn has incorportated. I love the fact that he challanges everyone including the coaches. He has a set plan for every player to get better. He sent videos out to agents to let them know what he is looking for in a player. The agents watchs the video and then matches clients with that skill set. That leaves no stone unturned. They search for players and players/agents look for us. I love it!

I believe in the Steelers way. Consistency is important. Belichick failed with the Browns before going to NE.(Not saying he is Belichick) I feel Quinn is one of those coaches. Reguardless of what happens this year. I am all in on Dan Quinn.

Edited by Falcon918

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Dan Quinn until he says he's done. The best thing about having a "player's coach", is that the team doesn't want to let him down. Prime example. Rex Ryan. He's not the best all around coach, but you can't say that the Jets and Bills didn't play their behinds off for him. Look what he got out of Sanchez!?!

I believe that Dan Quinn will be a far better coach than Rex and still get the player buy-in. So I'm rocking with Quinn. I've been saying that Quinn will bring a Super Bowl to Atlanta.

I was completely sold on Dan Quinn during his introductory press conference. He inherited a mess on defense and already took it from 32nd to the mid teens. He better get AT LEAST another 3-4 years before he's anywhere close to the hot seat. 

So far so good. I see a lot of really good qualities in Quinn and love his focus and commitment to his scheme. I love how involved he is in working with TD to make sure we bring is scheme specific guys.

Its not possible to know at this point if he has the ability to put this all tougher into a dominant team but so far I really like what I see. 

I thought quinn did very well his first year considering what he walked into. However..

The decision to OK cutting Hawley and starting a journeyman guard at center is still very concerning. I'm not going to pretend I know all the circumstances but whatever the case may be, it blew up in his face.  If these types of mistakes continue, he won't be here long

Yep. I really like the guy and I like the atmosphere that he has brought. People want to be here and the players love him. I trust his defense and the players he has brought in too. We have a tough schedule this year but I think we will be a better team for it and we are an offseason away from seeing his vision completed. 

20 minutes ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

I thought quinn did very well his first year considering what he walked into. However..

The decision to OK cutting Hawley and starting a journeyman guard at center is still very concerning. I'm not going to pretend I know all the circumstances but whatever the case may be, it blew up in his face.  If these types of mistakes continue, he won't be here long

All coaches make bad decisions based off the unknown.Im a huge fan of Hawley. I remeber Hawley being injured so he wasnt able to compete. Maybe he didnt fit the scheme.  I dont know why but what about the improvements from the staff. Jury is still out on Shanahan but Matt Ryan made critical mistakes in the red zone that hurt. We were still ranked 6th or 7th in offense. I want to see what Shanahan does when we have another year in his offense. We need consistency reguardless. With out it we get a merry go round of losing. We have clear direction under Quinn and I believe those pessimistic fans will underestimate what he is doing.

I'm in on Quinn and his defensive philosophy.  It will take him 3-4 years to draft and sign FAs to get this defense the way he wants.  On offense is a different story.  He needs to reel in Shanahan to ensure he's more flexible as an offensive coordinator this year (it's not his way or the highway).

47 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Not until Shanahan is fired.

So.........Shanahan is responsible for dropped passes, fumbles, errant passes thrown leading to key interceptions, a Center who can't even snap the d.amn football, more key fumbles, etc., etc., etc.

Wonderful agenda.

15 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Blind from what? :sadwave:

lol!

My vision is blurry as heck and I Started getting this about a year ago and it got worse. I had Falcon vision before lol.

About a year ago, I'd eat some candy and I could focus a lil better.

I hope it's not from all those women years ago. Sucks cuz I can't see R the great's muscles anymore or Jigsaw's avatar as close.

3 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

I'm in on Quinn and his defensive philosophy.  It will take him 3-4 years to draft and sign FAs to get this defense the way he wants.  On offense is a different story.  He needs to reel in Shanahan to ensure he's more flexible as an offensive coordinator this year (it's not his way or the highway).

Since he challenges everyone to get better. I believe he will challange Shanahan to be better, but putting all the blame on Shanahan is unwarranted. Seriously we failed him at times with costly fumbles, dropped passes and bad plays. It wasnt all on Shanahan. 

Edited by Falcon918