Scouting Report with Film Breakdown Austin Hooper-- The Falcoholic

gazoo

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2016/5/5/11544108/scouting-austin-hooper-the-element-of-the-big-play

This is an outstanding scouting report of Austin Hooper by Charles McDonald of the Falcoholic replete with film clips showing the versatility he will be bringing to Atlanta. These film clips really show off his tremendous skill set.

We haven't had a TE with this kind of skill set and speed to get downfield consistently since we drafted Alge Crumpler in the 2rd round. Hooper is fearless over the middle, really powerful and drags defenders for yards after the catch into the end zone, outmuscles them to get the ball out of the air etc.

My prediction is this year he will be a good red zone weapon and may even catch 5 or 6 TDs. His ability to catch the ball at the high point will immediately transfer to the pros and Shanny can give him red zone plays the run each week in practice when matching up against opponents. Keep in mind he came from a similar pro style offense in college and is intelligent so his head won't be spinning like some rookies hitting the pros. The rest of his game will take time to develop and this guy could end up being a steal for a mod 3rd round pick. 

Click on the link and look at the clips, very exciting to see his versitile skill set. Do any of you know how to copy those gif clips and post them on this thread?

21 minutes ago, Old Pappy falcon said:

WOW! looks just like a play from Matt To TG. Good lawd we have missed this play for soo long!

Hooper has enormous, strong but soft hands. Dude can really catch and he's si string he is fearless over rhe middle knowing he'll deliver the blow and not absorb it.

Just now, gazoo said:

Hooper has enormous, strong but soft hands. Dude can really catch and he's si string he is fearless over rhe middle knowing he'll deliver the blow and not take it.

That's what I love to see gazoo! Over the middle and taking the shot! That use to be routine years ago...........This is starting to be my favorite pick.

2 hours ago, Old Pappy falcon said:

That's what I love to see gazoo! Over the middle and taking the shot! That use to be routine years ago...........This is starting to be my favorite pick.

Remember when Crumpler would level defenders after the catch? Crumpler was very strong, and Hooper is very similar in that respect. 

He makes us a more physical offense and a better match up against the more physical defenses in NFL.

4 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Remember when Crumpler would level defenders after the catch? Crumpler was very strong, and Hooper is very similar in that respect. 

Ahhh yes! He took that shot in the NFC championship game vs Eagles like a Champ! Gazoo, I really miss this type of ball my man.

I'm fired up like Quinn lol!  This team can be very good this year, and we all can't wait for game 1!

“Austin Hooper is really a very sophisticated route runner. [He’s] very much like a [Eagles tight end] Zach Ertz, who went in the second round, or like a [Colts tight end] Coby Fleener, from Stanford.”  - Mike Mayock

link

If, he delivers on his receiving ability, he's going to help open up the run game.  Tony Gonzalez likes to talk about how the phenomenal rushing seasons of Priest Holmes coincided with the flexing of Tony outside.

Loved this pick.

Edited by falcoatlantae

He has excellent hands, and he must be a load to tackle. In that second gif vs USC, there were 3 DB's waiting for Hooper at the 2 yard line and he when he arrived they just kind of waved at him as he went on into the end zone. Not one of the three made a serious effort to even slow him down.

7 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAAAAACH5BAEKAAEAL

Whoever was looking for this...just right click it and hit copy image address then click on the insert other media on the bottom right and paste onto insert image from URL

hoopusc.0.gif

Defensive guys REALLY wanted no part of tackling that high speed freight train.

5 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

He has excellent hands, and he must be a load to tackle. In that second gif vs USC, there were 3 DB's waiting for Hooper at the 2 yard line and he when he arrived they just kind of waved at him as he went on into the end zone. Not one of the three made a serious effort to even slow him down.

I don't blame them. Live to play another day.

12 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I didn't realize Thomas DeCoud played against Hooper in college ;)

I have to say, I'm more excited about Hooper Than any of our picks,, Because  I saw the affects that TG had on the O# for us when he was here.. I think Hooper will do the same.. That will be Huge for this team.. Opens up the WRs and The RBs when the oppsiing D knows it also has to cover Megatron TE Hooper.