Walmart customer launches tirade at man in front of his young son for paying with food stamps:

'You're not providing for your family... I am!' The shocking moment a Walmart customer launches a foul-mouthed tirade at a man in front of his young son for paying with food stamps

article-3574150-33DA0D4A00000578-729_964

Video caught the woman shamed the man, who was using food stamps at a local Walmart

When the man said he works 50-60 hours a week trying to provide for his family, she retorted, 'You're not providing... I am!'

The pair argue, with the man telling her to vote Republican if she doesn't like it, and her snapping that he must be a Bernie Sanders supporter 

By KIRI BLAKELEY FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 17:40 EST, 4 May 2016 | UPDATED: 01:44 EST, 5 May 2016

A woman has been shamed after being caught on camera launching into an expletive-laden rant at a man for using food stamps in a Walmart. 

According to the video's poster on YouTube, the woman spotted the man in front of her paying with a food stamps card.

She then told her young son: 'See, this is why you go to college, so you don't take handouts.'

This sparked an argument, with the man saying: 'You know, I put in 50-60 hour weeks trying to provide for my family' as his young son sat in a grocery cart next to him.

The uploader of the video pointed out that the man was using a 'W.I.C.' or 'Women, Infants, and Children' card to buy products for his son in the store, somewhere in the US.

'You’re not providing for it, I am!' the woman retorted. 'The government is.'

'You're not,' he said.

'They take it out of my check,' she insisted. 'Bulls*** they don't.'

When the man tells her to complain to her local Senator or to vote Republican, she replies,'Oh, trust me, I am not a bleeding heart f**king liberal. That ain't gonna happen.'

The man finally turns away from her, shoves his hands in his pockets, and says: 'I don't care about you lady, shut the f*** up.

'I don't have to, it's a free country, remember?' she retorts. Then she tells him he must be a Bernie Sanders supporter. 'That's who you vote for. They give it to you, so you vote that way.'

When the man says something unintelligible, and even starts to laugh a little, she says, 'I have a degree. I am pretty **** smart.'

They exchange more words and then the man says, 'Mind your own business. Vote Republican and get 'em out of there. Until then, deal with it, b*tch.'

When the man says, 'I don't make the rules, lady,' she replies, 'No, you just take advantage of them like everyone else.'

'Why wouldn't I?' he asks, getting out his wallet. 

The video has been viewed almost three million times since it was uploaded on April 24. It's unclear which city the heated exchange took place in. 

A 2014 report found that Walmart, where the video subjects were shopping, costs taxpayers $6.2billion a year in food stamps, subsidized housing, Medicaid, and other forms of public assistance because of the low wages it pays its employees, according to the group Americans for Tax Fairness.

'A single Walmart Supercenter cost taxpayers between $904,542 and $1.75 million per year, or between $3,015 and $5,815 on average for each of 300 workers,' said the report, entitled 'How Americans Subsidize America's Biggest Employer and Richest Family.'

The report found that Walmart also collected almost 18 percent of the food stamp market in 2013.

They'll be there all day if that's the case lol. When I worked cashier at Walmart it felt like 1/4 of my day was processing Wic cards. I've also been on EBT myself when I had trouble finding work after college and my dad had just come out of a coma. It freaking happens, doesn't always make you a welfare queen. Fuq that woman.

11 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

itack before Bill Clinton passed welfare reform I'd see all these welfare queens at the super market loading up their Beamers and Lexuses with steaks. It was a crazy time.

That's what I heard. You used to be able to get steak and lobster. People abused it. Trust me it's not like that anymore. They went the opposite direction. It's all but Impossible to regularly get fresh fruits and vegtables.

The only way someone like that understands is if they go through something in life where they have to humble themselves to get that kind of help. 

I lost my job not long ago, luckily I don't have to apply for food stamps or assistance, but if the **** hits the fan, I'd do it in a heartbeat and people like that can kiss my ***!

39 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

The only way someone like that understands is if they go through something in life where they have to humble themselves to get that kind of help. 

I lost my job not long ago, luckily I don't have to apply for food stamps or assistance, but if the **** hits the fan, I'd do it in a heartbeat and people like that can kiss my ***!

This is the problem. The people that have a REAL problem with assistance are few and far between.

However, the amount of idiots in this country that tow the party line and spout whatever political garbage their TV show tells them to, is increasing by the day. 

6 minutes ago, WORilla said:

This is the problem. The people that have a REAL problem with assistance are few and far between.

However, the amount of idiots in this country that tow the party line and spout whatever political garbage their TV show tells them to, is increasing by the day

The political language\discourse has become increasingly toxic and abusive over the past 8 yrs, and ramped up to a whole 'nother level during this election cycle. I rarely discuss politics on here and in real life. Makes my **** head hurt!:( 

I used to look down on anyone receiving any type of government assistance. Life can humble you pretty quickly though. My mother got cancer and I had to sell my home, quit my job and move in with her to care for her until she passed away. By the time she died we had went through both of our savings and I'd sold off anything of value that I owned but we were able to feed ourselves without help from anyone. 

About 8 months after my mom died we found out my sister had an inoperable brain tumor. By this time I had no savings and nothing left to sell.  The great state of Georgia decided that $116 a month was a sufficient amount to feed me and my dying sister. I heard a few comments and saw a few eye rolls in checkout lines. I never said anything to anyone but I always wanted to.

I look at things a lot differently now. I haven't needed any help for the past couple of years but I'll never forget the way I felt then. I do my best to not judge anyone receiving government assistance. I'm well aware that many people play the system but $116 a month isn't a great deal of money with which to feed two people. You never really know someone's situation so I find that it's better to keep your mouth shut and worry about your own business. 

On May 6, 2016 at 7:34 PM, biloxifalcon said:

The political language\discourse has become increasingly toxic and abusive over the past 8 yrs, and ramped up to a whole 'nother level during this election cycle. I rarely discuss politics on here and in real life. Makes my **** head hurt!:( 

It's actually been getting increasingly worse over the past 30 years.

On May 5, 2016 at 6:24 PM, toadfishtom said:

the true spirit of Christian charity , real compassion...................what a heartless whore

On May 5, 2016 at 6:30 PM, lostone said:

I would say something like WWJD?  I would do something very worldly and attack her beliefs.  I am horrible 

Is there anything at all in either the article or the video that says this woman is a Christian?

No?  Maybe that's one reason why…..

On May 6, 2016 at 9:34 PM, biloxifalcon said:

9 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It's actually been getting increasingly worse over the past 30 years.

Total BS *******, yea kids go to college rack up 100K in debt you can never get rid of then work at MC'Ds for min wage and if you still can't support yourself just die quicker please.

The lack of understanding, compassion and empathy for people on hard times is ridiculous. Not everyone on food stamps is trying to scam the system or lazy.

The so called "welfare queens" that everyone likes to use as an example don't suck nearly as much money out of the Gov. as the top 5 companies skirting tax laws. So much pointed at the "welfare queens" but it is A-OK for multi billion dollar corp's to not pay a cent in taxes.

Edited by MAD597

Hey, let's start with the fact that this woman is buying a LAMP at freakin' Walmart.  This is not a little desk lamp for a college kid, but a decorative "I'm taking this home and putting it in my living room or guest room" LAMP!

Which begs the question:  How much in income tax is a woman who buys that sort of thing at Walmart really paying?  [If it was a guy, it would be different.  Guys don't give a shyte.  They just want something that will give some light.l]  My guess is NOT enough to pay for a day's worth of food for the guy in the video.  And probably nothing at all.

Next, her fat lazy ax ain't getting any smaller as she heads towards medicare eligibility.  Her first coronary is going to cost tax payers (REAL TAXPAYERS, ie, the ones who DON'T buy living room lamps at Walmart) 10 times as much as that poor guy is going to collect in food stamps over his lifetime.  I just hope he can visit her in the hospital and humiliate her in front of HER family, especially her children.

What kind of HORRIBLE human being says something like that in that situation?  If you want to teach your kid  a lesson in deferred gratification, 1) pass on the third ding dong and 2) Say something in private and be respectful about it.

And JDave is right, she is OBVIOUSLY not a Christian.   But she needs some churchin' pretty quick.

My sincere apologies to anyone who purchases decorative lamps at Walmart and actually pays income taxes.  No offense intended.

4 minutes ago, holymoses said:

Hey, let's start with the fact that this woman is buying a LAMP at freakin' Walmart.  This is not a little desk lamp for a college kid, but a decorative "I'm taking this home and putting it in my living room or guest room" LAMP!

Which begs the question:  How much in income tax is a woman who buys that sort of thing at Walmart really paying?  [If it was a guy, it would be different.  Guys don't give a shyte.  They just want something that will give some light.l]  My guess is NOT enough to pay for a day's worth of food for the guy in the video.  And probably nothing at all.

Next, her fat lazy ax ain't getting any smaller as she heads towards medicare eligibility.  Her first coronary is going to cost tax payers (REAL TAXPAYERS, ie, the ones who DON'T buy living room lamps at Walmart) 10 times as much as that poor guy is going to collect in food stamps over his lifetime.  I just hope he can visit her in the hospital and humiliate her in front of HER family, especially her children.

What kind of HORRIBLE human being says something like that in that situation?  If you want to teach your kid  a lesson in deferred gratification, 1) pass on the third ding dong and 2) Say something in private and be respectful about it.

And JDave is right, she is OBVIOUSLY not a Christian.   But she needs some churchin' pretty quick.

My sincere apologies to anyone who purchases decorative lamps at Walmart and actually pays income taxes.  No offense intended.

The lamps in the front of my office are from Wal-Mart.  Full disclosure.

First, I get the woman feeling that way,  Second, she's a biotch for humiliating that dude like that.  It was uncalled for.  Think whatever you want but embarrassing someone publicly like that accomplishes nothing especially if he's trying to make a living and simply not making enough.  That's not going to exactly encourage him.

For all of those talking about Christian values and such--the rub is not in helping people.  The rub is the fact that it is forcibly taken via taxes.  I have contended and still believe that charity would increase greatly if people didn't have so much taken out in taxes because they already feel like they've been forced to donate (which they have).  No where did Jesus ever say--hey, let the government forcibly collect tithes and offerings to provide for the poor.  No, instead Jesus said that it's better to give than receive, etc.  He also never said be a supercunt about it either.

Won't launch into the whole Fair Tax debate but I do think things would be a whole lot different if people had their entire paychecks to work with instead of 2/3's or less...

19 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Sorry to hear about the rough times you went through, but it appears you have persevered.   I agree you don't know and sometimes it is better to remain silent.  It is the people that play the system that ruin it for the ones truly in need.  

Exactly.  I'm all for helping someone who is trying to help themselves.  It's the moochers that have no desire to help themselves that I would just assume see die before helping...