What do people think about Tyler Starr?

AndySG

I have seen a real mixture of opinions on Starr. Some people think he's a nobody and will never make it, while others think his athleticism and college production could make him a useful player. 

What do you guys think he can be for us and why?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tyler Starr is a joke.    If he did not have long blonde hair no one would care about him but people see that hair and think he is Clay Matthews - but he is not - he is Tyler Starr - and that, as an NFL player, does not appear to be much.

37 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I think Tyler Starr is a joke.    If he did not have long blonde hair no one would care about him but people see that hair and think he is Clay Matthews - but he is not - he is Tyler Starr - and that, as an NFL player, does not appear to be much.

Yeah I've seen nothing.  All I see is him getting a decent salary to sit around in sick Falcons gear on the sidelines and cheer on his teammates.  Maybe, just maybe, something happens this year though. Won't hold my breathe 

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Was going to say the exact same thing..if he didn't have the hair that resembled Matthews, people here wouldn't even mention him and would question why he is even on the team..he has contributed nothing to this team as of yet

Just now, FentayeJones said:

What I think - hes nothing special. Both him and Goodman are basically in the same boat - make or break year. I think either of them could get beat out by an UDFA.

Hard for me to believe that Quinn would have drafted either of them.

you know Dimitroff took Tyler Starr because of the hair - he still says his greatest regret was taking Peria Jerry over Clay Matthews in his Rich Eisen interview - said it was because of "scheme fit" but also said sometimes you just take the best player.

Dimitroff was hoping he could re-create a poor man's Clay Matthews - but it was not to be.

Snappy answer - I know more about his hair than his football ability.  I've seen more of 1 than the other.

Last year - I was surprised he was not cut, so I had to assume he showed the coaches some value and promise in practices, because I didn't see him play enough to form an opinion for myself.

This year? Looks like a lot of bodies at LB/LEO/whatever role he is supposed to fill that I still don't know what he would do for us.

"Athletic, productive, raw rush linebacker prospect who could also be tried as a Sam linebacker. Needs to develop more core strength, improve technically and make his mark on special teams to warrant developmental consideration. "

That is what NFL.com said about him. 

I think it says a lot about our talent, or lack thereof, on defense the last two seasons that he has an NFL roster spot. I honestly think he was retained for his Hard Knocks celebrity factor because I've seen nothing in his game. No hate from me...but I haven't seen a thing.

I doubt he makes the team. Probably going to have to beat out a vet at LB or count on someone getting injured.

Tough to say how many LBs we keep because of a few guys playing both DL and LB, but Starr will be fighting for a spot.

Edited by jeffro2000