Falcons UDFA - Ivan McLennan, OLB

g-dawg

Post-Pro Day roundup: Catching up with WSU Cougars’ Kache Palacio, Ivan McLennan and Destiny Vaeao

ivan-mclennan-of-the-washington-state-co

WSU's Ivan McLennan turned heads with his 40 yard dash at Pro Day, Kache Palacio is willing to do whatever it takes to get a shot at the NFL, and Destiny Vaeao would have given all other defensive tackles a run for their money if he had been invited to February's NFL Combine

Ivan McLennan turned some heads with his Pro Day numbers from thecombine-style workout Washington State held for its NFL hopefuls on Thursday.By 

Seattle Times staff reporter

McLennan, a 6-foot-3, 238 pound linebacker, clocked times of 4.59 and 4.61 in his 40 yard dash, managed 17 reps of the 225-pound bench press, a 36-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-6-inch broad jump and a 7.1-second three-cone drill.

The most eye-catching number there is McLennan’s 40 time, which would have placed him among the top six of all linebackers who worked out at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis in February.

Like his teammate, Dom Williams, McLennan spent the last couple of months working out at Tracy Ford’s Ford Sports Performance facility in Bellevue, and he said he came away impressed by the results.

•  
  •  

•  

•  

“I looked real lean out there, I moved real fast and I moved well. Ford Sports was a great place to train,” McLennan said.

McLennan, who finished fifth on WSU’s defense with 9.0 tackles for loss last season, said he was disappointed about not garnering an invitation to one of the senior all-star bowl games, and badly wanted to play in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

“I was very disappointed. But it’s OK, everything happens for a reason. I used it to fire me up and motivate me,” McLennan said.

He said his agent, Landon Betsworth of the Entourage Management Group, believes he could get drafted in the late rounds of the NFL Draft in May. Until then, he’s staying in Pullman to work out, and is hoping NFL teams will contact him to set up private workouts.

It's good that they are giving him a chance

THURSDAY, JUNE 19, 2014, 1:39 P.M.

WSU’s Ivan McLennan arrested

Washington State linebacker Ivan McLennan was arrested on Sunday for unlawful handling of weapons capable of producing bodily harm after pointing a nonlethal Airsoft pellet gun at a student.

Pullman police commander Chris Tennant confirmed to the Spokesman-Review that the police received a phone call the afternoon of Sunday, June 15 from a student saying that a man brandishing a firearm pointed it at them as they drove through the parking lot at 1560 NE Brandi Way.

When the police arrived they found McLennan and another person playing with replica firearms that shoot nonlethal pellets. McLennan was cited for a gross misdemeanor because officers had warned him against playing with the replica guns in public.

"He had been contacted about three weeks ago by us, the Pullman Police Department, and warned for this exact same thing," Tennant said. "That didn't apparently stop his activity so he was given a criminal citation."