Dont Forget About these guy!

If we tap into the potential of these guys, we will have a very good football team. We have more talent then past years. Better athletes. I believe Quinn will bring out the best in these guys by holding them accountable of reaching there potential. Credit to atljbo3 for video. Thanks.

Edited by Falcon918

13 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I really liked what I saw out of Beasley, Hardy, Grady and King last year. I expect them all to increase their contribution to the team....particularly the first three. 

I was surprised when Quinn mentioned Therezie, rather than King, in the following article:

"Quinn expects six players to elevate their play

FLOWERY BRANCH — Before diving into the final stretch run to the NFL draft, Falcons coach Dan Quinn shared some thoughts with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution about six players he’s counting on to elevate their games in 2016.

He wants them to elevate from being role players to becoming major contributors, but one member of the group — cornerback Jalen Collins — has been suspended for the first four games of the season after violating the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy.

In addition to Collins, the group includes defensive end/linebacker Vic Beasley, running back Tevin Coleman, defensive tackle Grady Jarrett, wide receiver Justin Hardy and free safety Robenson Therezie."

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/football/quinn-expects-six-players-to-elevate-their-play/nq5q5/

Yes! Therezie too. And, if we're talking about effective rookies, Ricola Allen. 

After so many years with an older, less fun defense, I really think we're building toward a more interesting younger unit with a lot of upside. Thats why I'm not going to panic about perceived shortcomings right now. I've been cheering this team on for 25 years....I've got nothing but time. 

17 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

After so many years with an older, less fun defense, I really think we're building toward a more interesting younger unit with a lot of upside. Thats why I'm not going to panic about perceived shortcomings right now. I've been cheering this team on for 25 years....I've got nothing but time. 

Im witcha. This 2016 Falcons team is probably the most athletic and fastest Falcons squad that I've seen in a long time. No matter how the wins and losses shake out, it should be a fun team to watch.

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

The reason I was surprised by Therezie's name in the referenced article about which young players Quinn expected to become "major contributors" this season is that, in order to do so, Therezie would have to take significant snaps away from Ricardo Allen. Another possibility would be that the Falcons might change Therezie's position from FS to perhaps nickle cornerback. However, the following quote states that Quinn clearly believes that Therezie's best position is at FS:

"We saw the big jump when he got to camp," head coach Dan Quinn said. "He was one that totally made the jump at free safety. Is he a corner? Is he a nickle? Or is he a safety? It became really clear that he could best be featured at free safety."

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119714&draftyear=2015&genpos=SS

41 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Im witcha. This 2016 Falcons team is probably the most athletic and fastest Falcons squad that I've seen in a long time. No matter how the wins and losses shake out, it should be a fun team to watch.

Yeah, I'm hoping next year they'll need only a pass rusher or DT to amp up the talent there, and can put some resources into having 4th and 5th receivers that can develop into 2's and 3's.  That's how you get ahead, when you can let those 4th rounders develop and not have to take a 1st rounder at that position.

Essentially, if we had/have a DT, DE, OG...then we can get a number of "trait" guys to develop and have an exciting fun team on both sides.

1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I think you always want as many guys capable of providing a substantial contribution as possible. Maybe he envisions Therezie sliding over or maybe he thinks he can come in for certain sets. I thought Rico was pretty good so I think he's the presumptive starter but obviously, DQ is the dude. 

Yeah.

It's also possible the DQ envisions a double free safety look in 3rd and long with Neal dropping down to closer to an OLB.

That's a little more varied than normal for him, but could make sense on 3rd and 7+, and would put Allen, Therezie at deep, and Debo, Neal at LB.

8 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Yeah.

It's also possible the DQ envisions a double free safety look in 3rd and long with Neal dropping down to closer to an OLB.

That's a little more varied than normal for him, but could make sense on 3rd and 7+, and would put Allen, Therezie at deep, and Debo, Neal at LB.

Essentially playing Neal at nickel LB? I like that quite a bit. Especially against teams that arent heavy builds....so New Orleans, GB, Seattle, etc. 

3 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Essentially playing Neal at nickel LB? I like that quite a bit. Especially against teams that arent heavy builds....so New Orleans, GB, Seattle, etc. 

Yeah.  I know Quinn likes to keep the roles/responsibilites consistent and simple, but I think that can work well.

Rico and Therezie would retain similar roles on 3rd and long as on other downs and aren't as left/right sensitive as corners.

Neal would be the nickel LB, but would retain similar responsibilities as when he plays a box safety.  And then Debo or Campbell would do what they do.