Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skeetbird

Battlefield 1

91 posts in this topic

I started playing the BF series with BF2 Modern combat and have played them since. So, I missed out on BF 1942 and BF 2142.  

I have to say I really hope they don't go futuristic. That's being overdone now. But I could really get into a WWII version. 

SpongeDad likes this

I'm with you. I'm a die hard Battlefield fan. And there's no way I can stomach another futuristic shooter like COD has been releasing the past 3 years. This BF will probably be WW1 & WW2 imo. The BF devs were giving COD devs a hard time on twitter Tuesday for the Infinite Warfare announcement vid. They said the graphics looked like it was 2010. BF devs better release something amazing tomorrow or they will catch héll for making fun of COD. Btw, the official Infinite Warfare announcement vid has more dislikes than likes on YouTube :lol:

Skeetbird likes this

38 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I with you. I'm a die hard Battlefield fan. And there's no way I can stomach another futuristic shooter like COD has been releasing the past 3 years. This BF will probably be WW1 & WW2 imo. The BF devs were giving COD devs a hard time on twitter Tuesday for the Infinite Warfare announcement vid. They said the graphics looked like it was 2010. BF devs better release something amazing tomorrow or they will catch héll for making fun of COD. Btw, the official Infinite Warfare announcement vid has more dislikes than likes on YouTube :lol:

Dice needs to worry about their own game because their past 2 games wasn't all that great. 

5 minutes ago, Green Ranger said:

I want Bad company 3 or 2143, other than that... im tired of WW2 games.

My only problem with WWII or WWI for that matter...is the fact that I like my red dot sights. LOL. And Dice has been heavy on customization since BF3. And WW weapons are pretty limited I didnt recall BFBC2 having too many options. But I LOVED that game.

WW1/WW2 games are skill based and not reliant on attachments, kill streak bonus, etc. Give me iron sights and skill anyday over wall riding, lasers, and a gun with so many attachments it looks like a swiss army knife.

Nereek, cwell1 and Skeetbird like this

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

WW1/WW2 games are skill based and not reliant on attachments, kill streak bonus, etc. Give me iron sights and skill anyday over wall riding, lasers, and a gun with so many attachments it looks like a swiss army knife.

it's all based on skills, regardless of war era.

4 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

There's no skill with FLIR scopes :D

LOL True. But I'm ok with iron sights. The best COD in my opinion was WORLD AT WAR. 

SpongeDad likes this

16 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

SOme people are saying that the shadow is being cast by a zeppelin. I dunno but, That fabric sure looks WW1 or 2 ish

1 minute ago, skeetbird said:

SOme people are saying that the shadow is being cast by a zeppelin. I dunno but, That fabric sure looks WW1 or 2 ish

I'm thinking a Zeppelin too. But I hope BF5 covers both world wars. 

12 minutes ago, Green Ranger said:

if bf5 is ww1/ww2... I'll pass and will not bother.

The unflushable turd known as COD sounds like the game for you.

27 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Yeah no offense to any COD lovers but that and titanfall both make me lose interest fast. One round and I'm bored. I havent bought a COD since Ghosts and hated it.

I like battlefront pretty good. But my first love is battlefield.   I never will forget when I bought my 1st battlefield game for xbox battlefield 2 modern combat. I up until that time was a huge Madden player.( I still a little) I played the campaign and thought it was cool. Then I got brave enough to try multiplayer and I was hooked.  My favorite map was A Bridge Too Far. I wore people out with my sniper rifle. I wasn't worth a darn with anything else. beenhooked since.

It'd be cool if they started out with WWI then the next DLC had WWII maps ..then the next DLC was Vitenam. But honestly, anything but future crap.

SpongeDad likes this

46 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Actually it's not, I used to enjoy COD back on COD4 and Battlefield back on bad company 2, but ever since then, the games has been meh. 

SpongeDad likes this

1 hour ago, skeetbird said:

Yeah no offense to any COD lovers but that and titanfall both make me lose interest fast. One round and I'm bored. I havent bought a COD since Ghosts and hated it.

I like battlefront pretty good. But my first love is battlefield.   I never will forget when I bought my 1st battlefield game for xbox battlefield 2 modern combat. I up until that time was a huge Madden player.( I still a little) I played the campaign and thought it was cool. Then I got brave enough to try multiplayer and I was hooked.  My favorite map was A Bridge Too Far. I wore people out with my sniper rifle. I wasn't worth a darn with anything else. beenhooked since.

BF2 modern combat (on PS2) was the first Battlefield game I played too. A Bridge Too Far was an awesome map. I loved Backstab too.

Skeetbird likes this

About two years ago I got online with Modern Combat and there were still people playing. VERY FEW but they were playing.

14 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

BF2 modern combat (on PS2) was the first Battlefield game I played too. A Bridge Too Far was an awesome map. I loved Backstab too.

Yeah I liked backstab as well. I watch these videos from time to time. Weird how you know these maps like the back of your hand. And STILL remember them years later.

SpongeDad likes this