Freeman To Take A "Back Seat" To Coleman in 2016?

We all know about Coleman's "Red Zone" fumbles that cost him dearly in 2015... BUT- 

In 2015, Freeman had a 4.0 average yards per carry.  Coleman had a 4.5.  Coleman had the job going into the season vs the Eagles where he showed his potential and great speed.  However, the rib injury he acquired put him down and out for a couple of games in which Freeman was able to 'Man Up' and get the job done. 

Looking forward to 2016 - Sure, Coleman has had a 'bitter' taste with a couple of fumbles and the injuries to start the year, in 2016 the potential to finally 'show up' and take over starting duties at RB is nothing less than we can expect.  Coleman's burst is exceedingly quicker than Freeman's and with the revamped OL with Mack at Center (and Levitre with a full off-season), the blocking should be highly improved.  Look for Coleman to come in and take over, busting those long runs with his great speed and providing a much needed boost in the running game, even more than what Freeman gave us last year.  Look for Coleman to provide us with around 1300 yards and Freeman around 1,000 giving us two RB's with 1,000+ yard seasons! 

2016 - The year Colemans 'busts out'.  The Year of the "Wilde-beast". 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree Coleman could beast out and be the #1 again. No doubt about the speed, he just has to find away to keep the ball from coming out. Can't wait to see he and Freeman running behind this OL with Mack at Center. Should be among the most productive running tandems in the NFL.

1 minute ago, DirtyBirdsDirtyWords said:

You're trying too hard. Freeman isn't taking a backseat to Coleman lol. Coleman is a scrub

I believe you're wrong.  Not knocking Freeman and what he accomplished last season, we never got to see the full potential of Coleman.  Dude's got some serious jets on him and runs like heII.  To call him a 'scrub' is a 'reach'. 

4 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree Coleman could beast out and be the #1 again. No doubt about the speed, he just has to find away to keep the ball from coming out. Can't wait to see he and Freeman running behind this OL with Mack at Center. Should be among the most productive running tandems in the NFL.

Call 2015 his 'lesson' in ball handling.  He's had quite a while to let that sink in and can work on that this next off-season.  As long as he stays healthy, he can realize his potential which has a ceiling much higher than Freeman's. 

Just now, birdz4i said:

either way, the running game should be even better this year, especially with the addition of mack.

Agreed. I think the addition of Mack actually makes the line more formidable and the running game will be highly improved.  Although most are still riding Freeman to continue what he has done (and that's a good thing), too many have turned away from Coleman just because of the fumbles and learning experience from his rookie 'whiff'. 

2 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Call 2015 his 'lesson' in ball handling.  He's had quite a while to let that sink in and can work on that this next off-season.  As long as he stays healthy, he can realize his potential which has a ceiling much higher than Freeman's. 

Nah man, IF he learned anything then it was lost when he bumped his head in the shower. Don't underestimate Freeman. It just so happened that FSU had multiple good backs when he was there and they couldn't just sit one so they were splitting carries. The 3rd string back had more yards than Coleman's backup. If I remember right Winston may have had as many yards as well. 

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Not gonna happen... The more "likely" Scenario is we end up having pro bowl back, backed up by a pretty good guy himself. 

Last time I checked there is absolutely nothing wrong with having two good/Great backs sharing time.

I think it will happen.  The pro bowl back likely being Coleman.  Even if it doesn't happen, but I have reason to believe it will, we'll be in a very good situation regarding our offense and we can expect the passing game to highly benefit as well.

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Coleman cant catch like Free so i would say he will stay in the backseat for awhile

Granted, I give Free his due there.  Freeman will definitely be the third down back in the offense.  I do think that Coleman will come up as being the one to hand the ball off to though.