Alford and Worrilow

#Falcons CB Robert Alford said the Falcons had a NAVY seal in to train with the team.

#Falcons Robert Alford on move nickel: "I’m good with it. Whatever it takes for this to win, I’m willing to do it." http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2016/05/04/5-things-we-learned-from-the-falcons-today/ 

#Falcons LB Paul Worrilow advice to the undrafted rookies: "Special teams, don't hold anything back."

Paul Worrilow says Brooks Reed actually having an offseason where he is healthy is huge. He says they have big expectations for him.

Paul Worrilow said he got called Zeke Motta when he first came in as an undrafted rookie.

#Falcons LB Paul Worrilow likes having Sean Weatherspoon back.

7 minutes ago, IronHead34 said:

Leon Hall?

I thought that, but they obviously had plans to move Alford inside before even inviting Hall in. This move also leads me to believe Alford wont be much of a priority to re-sign after his contract expires, unless he is willing to take reserve money and not test the open market.

7 minutes ago, IronHead34 said:

Leon Hall?

Everything I've read about Hall indicated he is strictly a nickel CB at this point in his career, so not sure if he could handle the role. Even if Alford kicked outside in non-nickel situations, Hall would still be playing outside almost 60% of the time.

Jerraud Powers is still out there, but might cost a good bit. After that it's slim pickings.

It makes sense in nickel to have a guy with fluid hips. The outside guy can give a little cushion as long as they can close and not miss a tackle. Nickel corners have to have great footwork as well which is hard to teach quickly to a rookie. Alf will still be the #2 corner.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

I thought that, but they obviously had plans to move Alford inside before even inviting Hall in. This move also leads me to believe Alford wont be much of a priority to re-sign after his contract expires, unless he is willing to take reserve money and not test the open market.

People just don't realize how important and difficult nickel actually is in the NFL. 

Think NB really is his natural spot.  Am worried about outside CB oppsoite Tru.  Collins suspended and only King and undrafted rookies left.  Have to trust Quinn has a plan.  

Hope Reed is healty and one of the LBs beat out Worillow for starting job during the season.  Wont crush him like others as I think he is a good back up just not a starter.