O'Brien Schofield Has A "Good" Offer On The Table From Jacksonville

I'd like to see Schofield back but depending on the #'s behind this offer I don't think it happens. The article also states that he is looking for a more dominant, featured role as a nickel pass rusher and he also has offers on the table from Dallas and Chicago. What do you guys think?

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

According to Vaughn McClure of ESPN, free agent OLB O’Brien Schofield has “good” offers on the table from the Bears, Jaguars and Cowboys.

Schofield tells McClure that he believes he could really help the Falcons, who have reportedly shown interest in re-signing him this offseason.

I hope the offer we make him is competitive with his other offers. I think he can still be a solid contributor for us.

i really like Scho...good vibe and player. but i thought given the opportunities he got last season with Reed hurt he didn't produce as much as i had hoped. and with the possibility of Beasley getting more time at SLB in base then i don't see the opportunity...but his depth would not hurt at all if re-signed...

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

According to Vaughn McClure of ESPN, free agent OLB O’Brien Schofield has “good” offers on the table from the Bears, Jaguars and Cowboys.

Schofield tells McClure that he believes he could really help the Falcons, who have reportedly shown interest in re-signing him this offseason.

Vaughn is the same bozo who thought and broke wrong info about the Falcons going after Freeman.

2 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

To me it shows Schofield has some value. I don't think we did him right and wish he would come back, he is solid, but if other teams offer more love I understand it. 16 games is a very long season. You must have quality depth.

Please remind me how we wronged him.

Just now, The Architect said:

We made Freeman an offer,  it just wasn't enough. Vaughn is usually pretty reliable when it comes to the team, more so than D Led.

Freeman was never made an offer, Q just said they had discussions about Freeman, never about an offer being made.

I'd really like to know what the numbers are and why we seemingly aren't trying to bring him back.  I liked Schofield and at this stage I think it's safe to say we're not making room for some pass rushing juggernaut to come in.  What's the problem?  Clearly we're going to need guys that can contribute versus having just one 10 sack guy so why not OB?  Don't get it unless something happened behind the scenes that we don't know about.

2 hours ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

From what I've read it sounds like he really wants to stay here, and thinks he could strive in a nickle pass rushing role.

You mean thrive (def: to excel, to do very well)... What you wrote means (def: to try, to attempt)... This has been a free english lesson from FalconBlood.19789999.jpg

18 minutes ago, *NiteFalcon* said:

he wants a pass rusher role so that he can get paid a premium. we tried that and he was terrible. NO THANKS, CYA LATER SCHOFIELD

Terrible?  He played 500 snaps and had 2 sacks.

So instead, we lock up Derrick Shelby who played over 800 snaps and had 3.5 sacks.

Yea, I see what we were doing.

3 hours ago, slamee101 said:

Terrible?  He played 500 snaps and had 2 sacks.

So instead, we lock up Derrick Shelby who played over 800 snaps and had 3.5 sacks.

Yea, I see what we were doing.

Derrick Shelby had 41 pressures, 4 batted passes, and 3.5 sacks.

If I'm correct, Schofield had 24 pressures and 2 sacks. 

Their snap distribution should also be taken into account - Schofield was used as a nickel pass rusher and more SLB towards the end of the year, whereas Shelby was largely used more as a run stuffer until he got to play full time. 

In other words, on a per pass rush snap basis, Shelby did more with less. If anyone has PFF and can confirm, that'd be swell, but either way. 

I like OBS, but we have a ton of LBs now..idk whose spot he'd be capable of taking. 

8 hours ago, Arkridge said:

I'd like to see Schofield back but depending on the #'s behind this offer I don't think it happens. The article also states that he is looking for a more dominant, featured role as a nickel pass rusher and he also has offers on the table from Dallas and Chicago. What do you guys think?

I think Jacksonville is getting ready to beat some as soon. Them and the Raiders. 

6 hours ago, sanfranfalcon said:

i really like Scho...good vibe and player. but i thought given the opportunities he got last season with Reed hurt he didn't produce as much as i had hoped. and with the possibility of Beasley getting more time at SLB in base then i don't see the opportunity...but his depth would not hurt at all if re-signed...

Reed getting hurt took away from his pass rushing opportunities....that's why he's making it clear he wants more chances at rushing the passer from the nickel

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I think Jacksonville is getting ready to beat some as soon. Them and the Raiders. 

Yeah, it only took them both being horrible for 10 years and drafting in the top 10 for a decade to get there.

Just wait based on this schedule the Browns will be kicking as in 2026.

28 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

Yeah, it only took them both being horrible for 10 years and drafting in the top 10 for a decade to get there.

Just wait based on this schedule the Browns will be kicking as in 2026.

They are doing more than drafting bro. They're making the kind of moves in free agency we can't seem to make.