O'Brien Schofield wants to help Falcons, if wanted

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

You came into this thread to make some smarmy comment to me, not the other way around, and you've done it on many other occasions. Same for 1989fan but not nearly as much. But it's cool. You can come out of the closet and admit you're drawn to me and my posts like a moth to a flame and you can't help yourself. It would probably be good for your soul, big weight off your chest, etc.

If you really want to get technical you followed me considering I made a post in the thread yesterday. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I followed you? LOL. I didn't quote you and call you out, which is the actual point, technically speaking.

But back to Schofield. I liked the dude and I thought the rah-rah factor he brought added to the attitude and the way the D played. To me that's worth something, especially on a D that has been soft as mush for years and played big games with its tail between its legs.

Obviously he's gone and we're going with Upshaw. So be it. I hope he gets 10 sacks and a boatload of forced fumbles. I like some players better than others, I doubt that's something unique to me, but the real bottom line is I just want a Lombardi dammit.

11 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I followed you? LOL. I didn't quote you and call you out, which is the actual point, technically speaking.

But back to Schofield. I liked the dude and I thought the rah-rah factor he brought added to the attitude and the way the D played. To me that's worth something, especially on a D that has been soft as mush for years and played big games with its tail between its legs.

Obviously he's gone and we're going with Upshaw. So be it. I hope he gets 10 sacks and a boatload of forced fumbles. I like some players better than others, I doubt that's something unique to me, but the real bottom line is I just want a Lombardi dammit.

I could see them bringing him in for another season knowing we lose many parts we do not want this offseason then give him a 2 to 3 year deal next offseason.  He can help groom the linebackers for this scheme.  I cannot wait to see NEal lay the wood in this defense.  Our secondary is taking a nice step forward.     

26 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Man I seriously think it's posturing at least that's what I hope it is. One of those situations like...

FO: hey schofield we want you back and willing to pay x amount

scho: nah that's not enough I think I'm worth more

fo: ok go test the market and let's see what the market dictates. 

Now the question is will we match or beat the offer from others and did he get pissed at the whole deal. 

1 minute ago, wleggett said:

Man I seriously think it's posturing at least that's what I hope it is. One of those situations like...

FO: hey schofield we want you back and willing to pay x amount

scho: nah that's not enough I think I'm worth more

fo: ok go test the market and let's see what the market dictates. 

Now the question is will we match or beat the offer from others and did he get pissed at the whole deal. 

It could be that, or as Y'Heezy was saying maybe he thinks he's earned the right to start on the other side of Beas in the nickel. Whatever is happening I hope the two sides can get together and we keep him around at least another year while our young LB's are learning the ropes.

Scho is using his leverage here. Trying to get a bigger deal. And he might have used it to the point where he actually gets a better deal from someone else.

He was more productive than Reed and I honestly rather keep Scho over Reed but the investment in Reed and the dead money cap hit combined with more pressing needs with limited cap space means Scho is probably gone. 

2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

It could be that, or as Y'Heezy was saying maybe he thinks he's earned the right to start on the other side of Beas in the nickel. Whatever is happening I hope the two sides can get together and we keep him around at least another year while our young LB's are learning the ropes.

Yea could be for sure. I'd like to see him come back just to have the energy and leadership that would come with having another guy to rotate in. If we can keep everyone at least somewhat fresh they should feast at the end of games when the opposing oline is sucking air. 

1 minute ago, wleggett said:

Yea could be for sure. I'd like to see him come back just to have the energy and leadership that would come with having another guy to rotate in. If we can keep everyone at least somewhat fresh they should feast at the end of games when the opposing oline is sucking air. 

Couldn't agree more. The more people we have that can really bring the heat, the more likely that OL's will cave late in the game. Schofield is an alpha dog and would thrive with speedy young players around him.