O'Brien Schofield wants to help Falcons, if wanted

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Didn't he just finish a one year deal? Could it be that he wants something more to finish out his career and falcons aren't offering? 

They wanted him to return but couldn't strike a deal. Schofield wants a bigger role than the falcons gave him. Falcons have too many players now who do what he does and maybe better

I like Schofield but he has 3 offers on the table

According to Vaughn McClure of ESPN, free agent OLB O’Brien Schofield has “good” offers on the table from the Bears, Jaguars and Cowboys.

Schofield tells McClure that he believes he could really help the Falcons, who have reportedly shown interest in re-signing him this offseason.

We sign him to a cheap contract and he performs well unlike so many other scrub/losers TD signs every off-season, but instead of getting rewarded, oh hale no, we insult him with a completely unreasonable, low-rent offer and basically blow him off when he doesn't jump all over it. smmfh This franchise is so dam clueless.

57 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

We sign him to a cheap contract and he performs well unlike so many other scrub/losers TD signs every off-season, but instead of getting rewarded, oh hale no, we insult him with a completely unreasonable, low-rent offer and basically blow him off when he doesn't jump all over it. smmfh This franchise is so dam clueless.

He wasn't really that great this last season. He played decent for a rotational guy, but sure didn't earn a big payday. Pretty sure 31 other teams are blowing him off as well, since he cant seem to let go of wanting to come back to ATL. 

24 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF

Biermann: 32 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 FF....any reason you aren't crying over him not getting an offer? He was also one of our best run defenders.

Per rotoworld

Free agent LB O'Brien Schofield contends he has "good" offers on the table.

If so, then why hasn't he accepted one? Probably because they don't exist. Schofield has been trying to engage the Falcons in contract talks, but they've likely moved on after inking Courtney Upshaw earlier this spring. Schofield is 29 and saw his pass-rush production nosedive late in 2015.

Source: ESPN.com 

May 4 - 9:13 AM

20 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

He wasn't really that great this last season. He played decent for a rotational guy, but sure didn't earn a big payday. Pretty sure 31 other teams are blowing him off as well, since he cant seem to let go of wanting to come back to ATL. 

24 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF

Biermann: 32 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 FF....any reason you aren't crying over him not getting an offer? He was also one of our best run defenders.

Didn't Beasley, our number one pick, only have 4 sacks? How is 2 sacks just "decent" compared to our supposed top guy with 4? Does not compute. Schofield was about as good as anybody we had given his amount of playing time. As for Biermann, how many years was he given to make an impact? Who knows what Schofield might be able to produce now with a year's worth of experience in the scheme?

And you're whining about the fact he wants to come back and play for the Falcons? For you that's a negative? Take yourself a double-dose of Midol and chill the eff out.

38 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Didn't Beasley, our number one pick, only have 4 sacks? How is 2 sacks just "decent" compared to our supposed top guy with 4? Does not compute. Schofield was about as good as anybody we had given his amount of playing time. As for Biermann, how many years was he given to make an impact? Who knows what Schofield might be able to produce now with a year's worth of experience in the scheme?

And you're whining about the fact he wants to come back and play for the Falcons? For you that's a negative? Take yourself a double-dose of Midol and chill the eff out.

first off, he has plenty of experience in the scheme, he came from Seattle. So not sure where you were going with that. Heck, if anything it was Kroy's first year in the new scheme, so he should have more time to get more experience in the scheme.

And what other players did (or didn't do) has zero impact on Schofield's stats. Just because our other pass rushers weren't very good either, doesn't make Scho any more valuable. If our pass rush stank, why bring back one of the guys who wasn't event the best of our lousy pass rushers? He wants a bigger role, but was average at best in the role he already had. (as I mentioned, Biermann played just as good or better)

I am not whining that he wants to come back. Glad he does, but he had his chance and was offered what the team felt he was worth, which wasn't very much. He is saying he has good offers from 3 other teams, yet he keeps coming to the ATL media to try and get ATL to give him more money.

What I am pointing out is that your bitching about how bad (clueless) the front office and franchise is over not giving him more money. Re-read your own post before you tell someone to 'take a midol and chill out"...you're one of the most negative posters on this board man.

That said, no I am not advocating we bring back Kroy. Both of these guys were replaceable, and the staff has gone in another direction. If either of them are brought back, I am fine with it, but in no way would I get in a hissy fit about either of these guys like you did.

26 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

first off, he has plenty of experience in the scheme, he came from Seattle. So not sure where you were going with that. Heck, if anything it was Kroy's first year in the new scheme, so he should have more time to get more experience in the scheme.

And what other players did (or didn't do) has zero impact on Schofield's stats. Just because our other pass rushers weren't very good either, doesn't make Scho any more valuable. If our pass rush stank, why bring back one of the guys who wasn't event the best of our lousy pass rushers? He wants a bigger role, but was average at best in the role he already had. (as I mentioned, Biermann played just as good or better)

I am not whining that he wants to come back. Glad he does, but he had his chance and was offered what the team felt he was worth, which wasn't very much. He is saying he has good offers from 3 other teams, yet he keeps coming to the ATL media to try and get ATL to give him more money.

What I am pointing out is that your bitching about how bad (clueless) the front office and franchise is over not giving him more money. Re-read your own post before you tell someone to 'take a midol and chill out"...you're one of the most negative posters on this board man.

That said, no I am not advocating we bring back Kroy. Both of these guys were replaceable, and the staff has gone in another direction. If either of them are brought back, I am fine with it, but in no way would I get in a hissy fit about either of these guys like you did.

I'm pitching a hissy fit? Not even close. If and when I ever actually get perturbed up in here trust me, it will go far beyond the modest scope of my earlier post.

As for being one of the most negative posters on here, then why do I have over 10,000 'likes' to my 15,000 posts while you only have 2,400 'likes' for your 14,000 posts? Apparently a large majority of people here consider what I post roughly five times more valuable than what you post. Anything else you want to comment on?

24 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm pitching a hissy fit? Not even close. If and when I ever actually get perturbed up in here trust me, it will go far beyond the modest scope of my earlier post.

As for being one of the most negative posters on here, then why do I have over 10,000 'likes' to my 15,000 posts while you only have 2,400 'likes' for your 14,000 posts? Apparently a large majority of people here consider what I post roughly five times more valuable than what you post. Anything else you want to comment on?

Value is relative. If someone is negative and "likes" a negative post it would only be valuable to that negative person or group of people. I do however agree that using hissy fit was not appropriate. A more accurate word would have been whining. 

7 minutes ago, wleggett said:

Value is relative. If someone is negative and "likes" a negative post it would only be valuable to that negative person or group of people. I do however agree that using hissy fit was not appropriate. A more accurate word would have been whining. 

Value is indeed relative. To have two personal trolls engaged in one thread is a rare treat, not to mention superb value! Thanks, sweetie! Nice to see you back! You've made my TATF experience even more special than usual. Life is g00t.

I wonder how much Schofields knee plays in this equation.Is'nt he bone on bone know cartridge.Personally I think he brings something or maybe they have replaced his production with Upshaw's.The longer he drags his feet here contract wise the less the $$$$ he will accrue.

For one, I could care less about likes or post count. And to think either of them reflect the content is amusing.

look, i think you are pretty negative in your posts for the most part, that is what it is. I am sure you could care less, as could I.

Bottom line to get back on track is Scho didnt do much to earn more than they offered him. He was a good rah-rah guy, but average player. The staff obviously felt he could be upgraded, as they brought in plenty of new names at the positions he played.

Then you got upset about that and said TD pays other scrubs instead of Scho. And that this franchise is so clueless. I explained why he isnt that good with info to support, and bickering ensued with you calling me a whiner despite your own initial whining post. 

The defense rests.

lets just agree to not shake hands, but move on.

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Value is indeed relative. To have two personal trolls engaged in one thread is a rare treat, not to mention superb value! Thanks, sweetie! Nice to see you back! You've made my TATF experience even more special than usual. Life is g00t.

Ha personal troll... Don't flatter yourself. As far as being back, I didn't realize I was gone. On the other hand, if believing that you're being trolled makes you happy I'm sure not gonna stand in the way of that. 

17 minutes ago, wleggett said:

Ha personal troll... Don't flatter yourself. As far as being back, I didn't realize I was gone. On the other hand, if believing that you're being trolled makes you happy I'm sure not gonna stand in the way of that. 

You came into this thread to make some smarmy comment to me, not the other way around, and you've done it on many other occasions. Same for 1989fan but not nearly as much. But it's cool. You can come out of the closet and admit you're drawn to me and my posts like a moth to a flame and you can't help yourself. It would probably be good for your soul, big weight off your chest, etc.