O'Brien Schofield wants to help Falcons, if wanted

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, mdrake34 said:

No one else has signed him, I don't know why we wouldn't bring him back as a situational pass rusher.  He stayed healthy in a reserve role and played well for us in that capacity. 

He said he wanted a bigger role than what he had last year. 

``You know I'll bring 100 percent to that locker room and to the field,'' Schofield told ESPN.com Tuesday. ``And you know, without a shadow of a doubt, I would help that ballclub. I’m looking for a more dominant role as a nickel pass-rusher. I would have to be able to compete as the nickel rusher.''

Not sure if what he's looking for is available with Clay moving back outside full time.

Would love a guy like this. Dude embraced the dirty bird and was extremely effective the first half of the season before wearing down in the 2nd half.

Bring him for exactly what we wanted on a 1-2M deal for nickel situations to keep him fresh.

22 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

He said he wanted a bigger role than what he had last year. 

``You know I'll bring 100 percent to that locker room and to the field,'' Schofield told ESPN.com Tuesday. ``And you know, without a shadow of a doubt, I would help that ballclub. I’m looking for a more dominant role as a nickel pass-rusher. I would have to be able to compete as the nickel rusher.''

Not sure if what he's looking for is available with Clay moving back outside full time.

I want a 1959 Gibson Les Paul Burst.  But I'm not going to get one.  If someone offered me a custom shop reissue 1959 les paul, I would take it. 

I get the impression that he was holding off, looking for a bigger role, and more money than what we were offering, which is fine. This late in the game, however, he may just be best off taking what we've offered him. If he goes to some other scheme that doesn't feature him well, he could end up lowering his stock even further.

jmo

He wanted a bigger role and the money that goes with it.... We made an offer but also made offers to spoon and wheeler..... When those 2 signed I think that basically said we were moving on....... But who knows maybe he is still signed before camp

37 minutes ago, stizz said:

Would love a guy like this. Dude embraced the dirty bird and was extremely effective the first half of the season before wearing down in the 2nd half.

Bring him for exactly what we wanted on a 1-2M deal for nickel situations to keep him fresh.

The on the fact that he bought into the dirtybird and tried to bring that old atlanta falcons atmosphere back to the dome and make it the DIRTY SOUTH again, give that man a deal! Cant have too many good players

I'm sure the FO would like to bring him back, but at the right price. Schofield seems to really want to play and he hasn't gotten much interest it seems. Since he has little bargaining power in the situation I imagine they'll get the price they want.