Something I noticed about our defensive picks

Joey563

Something I noticed and loved about our picks is that they shoot their arms when they tackle; instead of going for the blow up tackle every time. If this is part of DQ's plan to develop solid tacklers, then I'm super excited.

4 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

Something I noticed and loved about our picks is that they shoot their arms when they tackle; instead of going for the blow up tackle every time. If this is part of DQ's plan to develop solid tacklers, then I'm super excited.

Datta Boy Dare Joey! Youse got the right idea dare! Can't wait myself.

3 minutes ago, BadMoonRising said:

Tackling is muscle memory, very much like pitching. The NFL now tries to tackle without putting in the off season work like pitchers do.

I think that is one of the big benefits of the rugby style tackling.  You can practice it with no pads on and there is very little risk of injury or concussion.  It's something that could be practiced all year long without creating wear and tear.  

Doesn't mean they are though, with all of these asinine organized off-season practice rules.  

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm all for solid tackling lest I never see this below again

jameisrun.0.gif

Threw up in my mouth a little watching this.... I remember losing my mind when this play happened lol

Edited by Falconsjt
Punctuation

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, that was a TV busting moment but I refrained.  If I was 30 years younger I would have punched a hole in the wall and needed a trip to the emergency room for a broken hand.  

Ahh, yes... The dumb things we would do when we were younger. Lol