I know many of you still want a DE so..

DE  choices

Shelby, Clayborn, Jackson, Goodman --  4 on roster

............"Beasley"  OLB and or DE

............Babs has played DE but we don't want him out there nowdays

and if the list going around is correct there are only 2 more trying to make the team

Josh Dawson UGA  UDFA signed

Brandon Williams  Southern Illonis trying out

14 minutes ago, TheRisen999 said:

Hoping we bring him in too I also saw that Schoefield wants to come back as well as a nickel rusher.

If we can get Easley and Scho im ready for Week 1 lol. Makes me wonder if we resign Scho, we would have 4 players who play LOLB,DE,and LEO. Are we gearing up for a change to a 3-4?

1 hour ago, citsalp said:

Quinn has already stated there were "NO" as in "NONE" DE's in the draft that fit what he was looking for...What seems to the issue?

The crying I keeping seeing on here mostly... I tend to trust Quinn but I still wanted to hear what other people thought. 

I was really hoping we would have snagged James Cowser from Southern Utah as a UDFA, but I'm pretty sure someone else got him.

He was a pass rushing force, breaking Jared Allen's FCS record for career sacks & also having the most TFL in FCS history. He was also very productive against better talent when he faced it.

He's a Mormon & spent 2 years on his LDS mission, so his age is likely what kept him from being drafted... I think he's 25 already. However, he's got the skills to potentially need very little time adapting to the next level, so being a little older might not be too big of a factor immediately.

Would've been worth a flier as a UDFA for sure IMO.

57 minutes ago, TheRisen999 said:

The crying I keeping seeing on here mostly... I tend to trust Quinn but I still wanted to hear what other people thought. 

Well......I think the Falcons do NOT need another DE. They will be much improved stopping the safety valves from opposing QBs. Falcons CAN bring the pressure with personnel at hand..

Not draft-related but I posted this elsewhere and it kinda got lost. 

We can't change FA or the draft, so do you guys see anybody still remaining who you like? 

Interesting names to me are:

Jason Jones (great run defender who is a 4 or 5 sack a season guy. Better version of Kroy)

Jonathan Newsome (had 6.5 sacks in 2014 but got busted for weed and cut in a disappointing 2015)

Mike Neal (versatile guy who will hold up well but not stun anybody with production)

Bjoern Werner (draft bust but was never going to be a fit in Indy's 3-4)

Otherwise you are looking at bringing back the likes of Schofield or Biermann on the outside. In terms of pressure down the middle, you have Easley then players like Melton and Starks who have had very productive seasons but could well be on the decline.