So Happy We Have TD

My 1st post here after lurking for a while. I thought post draft was a good time to defend TD. I’ll start my case with GMs that are clearly worse than TD.

1) Bucs - A kicker in the 2nd? A kicker?! And they traded UP??? This is the biggest reach since the jags took that punter in the 3rd. This board would have a meltdown of epic proportions if TD did that.

2) Rams - Desperately needed a QB, but gave up WAY too much after basically stealing high picks for years. Goff has potential, but not a sure thing. Julio was a slam dunk no question sure thing.

3)  Eagles - See: Rams

4) Giants - It’s pretty clear they panicked and took Apple. A good player, but no way he’s top 10. They didn’t appear to have a backup plan.

5) Cowboys - Took a RB 4th. He better be the next AP because that’s 6 spots higher than Gurley. We took Devonta in the 4th round. Even the best RB is a reach here. Also, Jaylon Smith was not worth the risk that high. 3rd round sure. Not the top of the 2nd. He may never play a down in the NFL. If you want to risk it there, you take Jack.

6) Jets - Took another developmental QB when they needed a real one. Hackenberg had a 56.1 completion % in college. Yikes. Waste of a 2nd round pick. Should’ve taken Lynch in the 1st.

7) Browns - I love the idea of analytics in football (this sport is waaay behind baseball and like it or not, analytics matter). They had the right idea accumulating picks, but then they forgot to get a QB. You MUST have a QB in this league or at least be developing one. I’ll be shocked if RGIII is the answer. Wentz would have been my pick since no trade was needed, but getting all those picks + Lynch would have been fine. And with tons of picks, they got a bunch of meh. Coleman reminds me of Tavon Austin. Speed is great, but with crappy QB play you gotta have a tall receiver to go up and get it. Should’ve taken Doctson.

So there’s 7 teams right there that clearly have worse GMs than TD. I can argue TD is better than many more, but these shouldn’t be debatable.

I think it’s pretty clear now why TD has kept his job all this time. He gets the players his coaches want and he’s **** good at it. Sure, he might give up too much sometimes, but can you think of players we really targeted that he didn’t get? Ryan - got him. Trufant - got him. Julio or AJ - got him. Matthews - got him. Beasley - got him. Neal - got him. It’s pretty ridiculous how good TD is at getting the guys his coaches want.

The debate was always how much crappy drafting was TDs fault and how much was Mike Smith’s. Well Koetter and Smith just asked for a kicker….in the 2nd round. I think that pretty much ends the debate right there.

The last two drafts have been very well received by the fan base (for the most part). So did TD turn on some magic switch? No. He finally had a coach that knew what the eff he was doing and drafted accordingly.

Let’s just see how much influence TD had on this draft….

1. Neal - Quinn begged TD to get him

2. Jones - Quinn written all over him

3. Hooper - Shannahan loves his TEs

4. Campbell - Quinn for sure

6)   Wes Schweitzer - Keith Carter pick

It appears TD just got what his coaches asked for. Great players bust all the time because they get drafted into the wrong scheme. That’s why BPA is dumb. Go get your guys even if you have to reach a little. The draft is a crapshoot so no one really knows which players are reaches anyway.

So grade this draft however you want, but TD gets an A+. He got EXACTLY the players his coaches asked for.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most except for the Rams. I've actually liked a lot of their moves since Snead has been there. This year they drafted a lot of weapons for Goff and i liked most of them. They also signed Marquez North as an UDFA and he could easily make the roster. They have completely retooled their offensive weapons for their rookie QB. 

Oh, I definitely like Goff too, but giving that much up has to be a sure thing. I think they did it to get the new LA fan base excited. If he busts though, it will set them back 5 years. Despite all the complaining on this board, Julio was the Andrew Luck of receivers. His college tape screamed All-Pro.

3 hours ago, Jpowers said:

If we ever draft a kicker in the 2nd I will resign as mod immediately. Half the board would need to be suspended.

At least it only cost them. 4th rounder to trade up to get him with a 2nd rounder! LMAO 

TD just wins. He does whatever he wants to do, suffers no consequences if he makes mistakes and is so in the heads of mentally challenged Falcons fans that the mere mention of his name will send them into an apoplectic tizzy.

Here, let me demonstrate.

falconscrest and FFS70 in 3... 2... 1...

3 minutes ago, cooperbh said:

TD just wins. He does whatever he wants to do, suffers no consequences if he makes mistakes and is so in the heads of mentally challenged Falcons fans that the mere mention of his name will send them into an apoplectic tizzy.

Here, let me demonstrate.

falconscrest and FFS70 in 3... 2... 1...

Care to actually challenge my original assertion? That good or bad drafting is the fault of our coaches and not TD bc TD gets the guys his coaches ask for...

4 minutes ago, falconcrest58 said:

TD has won one that's right one freaking playoff game in nine freaking years and some of you guys worship him. I want a d@mn winner and TD has proven he sucks. If we win it will be because DQ and the other 13 GMs are making the decisions.

usatsi_7759839.jpg

39 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

My 1st post here after lurking for a while. I thought post draft was a good time to defend TD. I’ll start my case with GMs that are clearly worse than TD.

1) Bucs - A kicker in the 2nd? A kicker?! And they traded UP??? This is the biggest reach since the jags took that punter in the 3rd. This board would have a meltdown of epic proportions if TD did that.

2) Rams - Desperately needed a QB, but gave up WAY too much after basically stealing high picks for years. Goff has potential, but not a sure thing. Julio was a slam dunk no question sure thing.

3)  Eagles - See: Rams

4) Giants - It’s pretty clear they panicked and took Apple. A good player, but no way he’s top 10. They didn’t appear to have a backup plan.

5) Cowboys - Took a RB 4th. He better be the next AP because that’s 6 spots higher than Gurley. We took Devonta in the 4th round. Even the best RB is a reach here. Also, Jaylon Smith was not worth the risk that high. 3rd round sure. Not the top of the 2nd. He may never play a down in the NFL. If you want to risk it there, you take Jack.

6) Jets - Took another developmental QB when they needed a real one. Hackenberg had a 56.1 completion % in college. Yikes. Waste of a 2nd round pick. Should’ve taken Lynch in the 1st.

7) Browns - I love the idea of analytics in football (this sport is waaay behind baseball and like it or not, analytics matter). They had the right idea accumulating picks, but then they forgot to get a QB. You MUST have a QB in this league or at least be developing one. I’ll be shocked if RGIII is the answer. Wentz would have been my pick since no trade was needed, but getting all those picks + Lynch would have been fine. And with tons of picks, they got a bunch of meh. Coleman reminds me of Tavon Austin. Speed is great, but with crappy QB play you gotta have a tall receiver to go up and get it. Should’ve taken Doctson.

So there’s 7 teams right there that clearly have worse GMs than TD. I can argue TD is better than many more, but these shouldn’t be debatable.

I think it’s pretty clear now why TD has kept his job all this time. He gets the players his coaches want and he’s **** good at it. Sure, he might give up too much sometimes, but can you think of players we really targeted that he didn’t get? Ryan - got him. Trufant - got him. Julio or AJ - got him. Matthews - got him. Beasley - got him. Neal - got him. It’s pretty ridiculous how good TD is at getting the guys his coaches want.

The debate was always how much crappy drafting was TDs fault and how much was Mike Smith’s. Well Koetter and Smith just asked for a kicker….in the 2nd round. I think that pretty much ends the debate right there.

The last two drafts have been very well received by the fan base (for the most part). So did TD turn on some magic switch? No. He finally had a coach that knew what the eff he was doing and drafted accordingly.

Let’s just see how much influence TD had on this draft….

1. Neal - Quinn begged TD to get him

2. Jones - Quinn written all over him

3. Hooper - Shannahan loves his TEs

4. Campbell - Quinn for sure

6)   Wes Schweitzer - Keith Carter pick

It appears TD just got what his coaches asked for. Great players bust all the time because they get drafted into the wrong scheme. That’s why BPA is dumb. Go get your guys even if you have to reach a little. The draft is a crapshoot so no one really knows which players are reaches anyway.

So grade this draft however you want, but TD gets an A+. He got EXACTLY the players his coaches asked for.

Now wait just a minute, Lets get something straight,, every body knows I'm TD's biggest fan on this Board !  And always have been ... :munch:

1 minute ago, Dem Birds said:

Agree with everything but the Rams. Snead has done a good enough job with accumulating defensive players and picks that they were the only team I think could afford to trade up there. They are very close. 

Definitely agree with this. Rams may have given up a few picks, but the benefits far outweigh the cost. Getting their franchise QB has ignited the fanbase and got people in LA pumped for the new season. Kroenke wants this team to be a success in their new digs and the only way they can do that is by making big moves that will generate interest away from the Lakers, Dodgers etc. They can't stay in 7-9/8-8 mediocrity forever.  

31 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Oh, I definitely like Goff too, but giving that much up has to be a sure thing. I think they did it to get the new LA fan base excited. If he busts though, it will set them back 5 years. Despite all the complaining on this board, Julio was the Andrew Luck of receivers. His college tape screamed All-Pro.

The things about Goff is he feast on weak competition and folded against top tier teams. I could see the Rams trading up in 2017 for a prospect like Deshaun Watson but for Goff? Desperation written all over it.