More speed at linebacker - Ivan McLennan

atlbaby

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

he's faster than Weatherspoon

He has a faster 40 time (straight line speed) than Spoon. As a matter of fact, he has a faster 40 time than every LB on the roster except for Jones. I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that Worrilow ran a fast 40 - he definitely did.

The problem for Worrilow is track speed and game speed are two different things and his game speed is slow.

Spoon's game speed is way faster than Worrilow. Wheeler ran a 4.7 at the combine and his game speed is way faster than Worrilow's.

Edited by FentayeJones

16 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

He has a faster 40 time (straight line speed) than Spoon. As a matter of fact, he has a faster 40 time than every LB on the roster except for Jones. I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that Worrilow ran a fast 40 - he definitely did.

The problem for Worrilow is track speed and game speed are two different things and his game speed is slow.

Spoon's game speed is way faster than Worrilow. Wheeler ran a 4.7 at the combine and his game speed is way faster than Worrilow's.

no, he's faster on the field. This guy is slow as dirt

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000294085/WK-14-Can-t-Miss-Play-Falcons-kick-ball-score-a-pick-six

11 hours ago, cwell1 said:

Worrilow isn't slow at all on the field. He's just slow to react which takes him outta plays, but as far as wheels, he has them, his instincts just make them pointless lol

Um... No he really is slow. Makes me gag seeing him try to cover. God awful.  He just does not have the instincts to play that position, 

Edited by Godzilla1985

8 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Worrilow is nothing but a gym rat.  He can throw around a lot of weight.  He's REALLY strong but that is about it.  He seems very hesitant to react to plays and has that deer in headlights look more often than not. 

53 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

Trent Corney claims he ran 4.52 and jumped 41", I'm more willing to trust NFLDS

Well you can believe a mistake like NFLDS if you want. I will lean towards multiple sources to include Bucky Brooks, Mel Kiper and other sources who were present for his pro day, to include the player who ran it himself and who does not write his own articles.

Edited by atlbaby

21 hours ago, HOYLE said:

Well he has averaged 122 tackles per season over the last 3 years. Some people have have thrown him under the bus because of "tape" they pulled from the Vikings game in which he looked clueless. That is one game and there is tape out there like that on anybody if you go looking at it. Worrilow may get replaced but he has played well. He makes tackles all over the field.

You don't understand how this forum works.  Once a guy becomes "that guy" you have to pile on him till hes gone.

On 5/6/2016 at 11:57 AM, HOYLE said:

Well he has averaged 122 tackles per season over the last 3 years. Some people have have thrown him under the bus because of "tape" they pulled from the Vikings game in which he looked clueless. That is one game and there is tape out there like that on anybody if you go looking at it. Worrilow may get replaced but he has played well. He makes tackles all over the field.

The Vikings game was just the worst of it. The Cowboys game was awful too. Those are two games where Worrilow single handedly made our defense look inept. Worrilow has a couple of those horrible games each season. He'll also have 1-2 pretty good games per season. The rest range in the average to bad range. He's hands down the weakest link on our defense.

5 hours ago, falcndave said:

You don't understand how this forum works.  Once a guy becomes "that guy" you have to pile on him till hes gone.

This is usually a very unreasonable response, but in Worrilow's case it's actually taken too long for him to become "that guy". He's never been a good player but people only just started catching on to how bad he is this past season. He's terrible. Kroy Biermann is an infinitely better player than Worrilow, and Biermann is another one of those "that guy" guys.

4 hours ago, Kayoh said:

This is usually a very unreasonable response, but in Worrilow's case it's actually taken too long for him to become "that guy". He's never been a good player but people only just started catching on to how bad he is this past season. He's terrible. Kroy Biermann is an infinitely better player than Worrilow, and Biermann is another one of those "that guy" guys.

Compared to the other guys on the team...he's been pretty good. He is the one making tackles. You will still have to suffer through seeming him a lot on first down this season. He's still going to be one of the better run stoppers in this LB group until the young guys develop and their instincts improve.

Bear in mind, I never said he was good. I'm just saying for the last two year he's been the best we have had to put out there on the field. Our LB group has been awful. They are the main issue in our pass rush. If your LBs lack athleticism, no amount of pass rushers will be able to get to the QB because his safety valves are open for chunk yardage from the snap of the ball. The sooner we can get Worrilow off the field, the better. Unfortunately, I fear he is still going to be our best option on running downs.

Biermann is just older now. He was terrible in 2014 fighting back from the energy. Last year he was better.  Unlike Worrilow, I do think we have acquired enough talent to take Kroy off the field. We have some good young talent at OLB/DE. Kroy will struggle to make this team. He may have a special team/backup role if some of the "talent" isn't ready for the NFL yet and if he can beat out Starr (another LB that shouldn't be in the NFL, but was still good enough to make our roster occasionally).

On Tuesday, May 03, 2016 at 7:15 PM, Godzilla1985 said:

I've been a bit leery of Pro day 40 times since I saw Worrislow post a 4.59 at his Pro day. How does he play?

4.59 pretty much means 4.60+  electronically timed.  Which to be fair is about right.  

One thing i don't get is hating on a guy because he's not talented enough to excel as a starter.  I'm certainly no TD hater,  but this is an example where he and the front office deserve blame for coming up with PW as the best option we've had the last 3 years.  That's not PW's fault.  It's not like should go to the coaches and say,  "guys, I'm going  to decline this starting position.  I just know I'm not good enough." Lol The guy has been underwhelming and under powered.  Not lacking in effort.